UA Curry 4

I always loved the look of the Curry 4 but I'm almost 36 now and I feel the aches and pains a lot more than I used to so I also need cushioning a little more than I used to. So I never really thought seriously about getting the Curry 4 until I saw the "More Fun" colorway on CityGear.com for $70. I said screw it and I bought a pair. As soon as they were delivered and I tried them on around the house, I felt the pinching that people were talking about. I figured that if I felt it just while walking around the house then they were going to be pretty painful to play in.....but I threw a new insole in them for a little extra cushioning and I didn't feel the pinching at all anymore....the insole killed 2 birds with 1 stone. I played in them for the first time yesterday and I absolutely love this shoe. The court feel, fit, and traction were absolutely amazing and to my amazement, I woke up today with zero knee pain. Maybe the insole really did help. It's only been 1 wearing for about 2-3 hours but I'm already chomping at the bit for more colorways.

I always loved the look of the Curry 4 but I'm almost 36 now and I feel the aches and pains a lot more than I used to so I also need cushioning a little more than I used to. So I never really thought seriously about getting the Curry 4 until I saw the "More Fun" colorway on CityGear.com for $70. I said screw it and I bought a pair. As soon as they were delivered and I tried them on around the house, I felt the pinching that people were talking about. I figured that if I felt it just while walking around the house then they were going to be pretty painful to play in.....but I threw a new insole in them for a little extra cushioning and I didn't feel the pinching at all anymore....the insole killed 2 birds with 1 stone. I played in them for the first time yesterday and I absolutely love this shoe. The court feel, fit, and traction were absolutely amazing and to my amazement, I woke up today with zero knee pain. Maybe the insole really did help. It's only been 1 wearing for about 2-3 hours but I'm already chomping at the bit for more colorways.
That’s interesting. What size you got? How can it fit insole since my already fit like glove. If it help with pinching I might try that too.

What kind of insole, and are you taking out the old one or stacking 1 on the other? Sounds magical.

Last edited:
What kind of insole, and are you taking out the old one or stacking 1 on the other? Sounds magical.
I forget what company they are but they are some pretty typical athletic insoles from Walgreen's (still pretty low profile, so not crazy thick). I'm a size 10.5 and I did take out the original insole. They fit like a glove out of the box but for whatever reason, they did not pinch anymore.

Wow missed out on the only curry 4d tgat I feeling.... really wanted those Low NBA Jam....

For those that have both..

Do the synthetic leather(more fun etc) pairs fit smaller than the suede ones?

Hi! Quick question guys! I wear a size 10 in mids. Will a 9.5 nothing but nets low sc4 fit me too? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom