Uber Driver killed by 13 and 15 yr old in DC

Hearing at least one is a juvenile
Similar situation recently where the passenger in the stolen vehicle passed

they were setting folks up trying to meet up and robbed them. One victim was left paralyzed

Define "just."

For me justified is what can be seen as reasonable amount of force used to contain a dangerous/violent situation.

OR if it looks like something an over the top cop would do it's probably too much. Still each situation is different and requires you to look at them individually.

Meaning the video we saw of the kid getting the brakes beat off of him (with zero context behind it) was somewhat accepted because the kid may or may not have been threatening/saying slurs

This video we see him physically stomping out a woman so I’m curious what the general consensus would be if someone beat the brakes off of him

I don't even think that was an adult. I think it was two students

He looked young as hell, I figured it was an aide if anything.

But I still wanna know the opinions on it seeing as how people thought it was a teacher anyway and seemed okay with it

Quote the people that seemed to be ok with THAT clip.
Sure boss. But to be clear, saying you “understand” is being okay with it right? As well as saying the kid for sure deserved it (with no previous context). I know how we play semantics in here a lot. This isn’t me saying you (or anyone else) said it’s the right thing to do nor is anyone right or wrong in their views, I’m just considering both situations

In THAT video posted above, it looked like overkill but in general. Working around children 9/10 when I see a teacher go off physically, I tend to "understand."

Sue me. But anyone that works in the field understands. Everyone has their breaking point. Kids talk reckless and do/say things they wouldn't do/say if they weren't inside those school walls.

Again, school being such a FALSE sense of reality might be one of my biggest issues with school period. Nothing these kids do inside school translates to the real world.

Not saying it's the "RIGHT" thing to do.

Depends on the school you're at and the context.

I've seen kids get the paws put on them and the teacher be back at school the next day. But that's not a school you wanna work at.

Kid for sure deserved that beating, every time I see those videos I know the kid deserved it.

But you further went on to say you understand when it happens, so again I ask the question of beating the brakes off a kid over words vs beating the brakes off a kid when he’s stomping a female teacher out

And at what point did it become overkill for you? Clearly not first punch as you “understand” these things. 7th punch? 8th?

Me saying I understand doesn't mean I am OK with anything.

I am not OK with ANYONE putting their hands on ANYONE in a place of learning.

Me saying I UNDERSTAND simply means I acknowledge the laws of cause and effect.

If you consistently act like an adult TO an adult, sooner or later you might get treated like an adult.

Me saying I understand doesn't mean I am OK with anything.

I am not OK with ANYONE putting their hands on ANYONE in a place of learning.

Me saying I UNDERSTAND simply means I acknowledge the laws of cause and effect.

If you consistently act like an adult TO an adult, sooner or later you might get treated like an adult.

Totally understandable and thank you for going in depth.

I agree as far as to not putting hands on students in a place of learning which is why I was wanting further clarification.

One morning on the A train, I was particularly tired and irritated by the indifferent mass that can be the AM NYC commuters. At one point a woman by one of the doors started freaking out, repeatedly yelling, “Stop touching me! Stop touching me!” Over and over and over for at least two stops.

I’d seen such outbursts on the subway before and always sadly reflected on the lack of good mental care. But this morning, I realized that not only could that be me, it was likely that at some point it would be me if I continued the morning commute for decades on decades.

I love NY, but boy am I happy to be in the MD suburbs.

Anyways, I get a similar feeling when watching these videos. It’s not right, but I can see how eventually it would probably be me. And I thank God that there are better people like my brother-in-law to do that often thankless, always difficult job with more grace and patience than I could muster.

Apparently, the parties involved had previous altercations. Two juniors enter into the classroom and fought a freshmen. Fight spilled outside and this is the result :smh:

Why do websites block out certain words now? Are you not allowed to say robbery, shot or die on the internet anymore?

Back
Top Bottom