Uber Driver killed by 13 and 15 yr old in DC

By seeing how negligent they are to their child's behavior, making them culpable of not trying to curb it.

If you don't know the names of your kid's friends they always hang out with? You're culpable.
If you haven't sprung for a cheap doorbell camera to get alerted when they try to sneak out? You're culpable.
If you're child has gotten a first offense while at school or sneaking out, and you didn't do any of the above? You're culpable.

None of these are hard to do for parents who actually invest in their child beyond food, water and shelter.

One time offenses aren't the issue. It's the multiple occurrences that this law is trying to address because a lot of these things are done by the same individuals. Some parents won't be bothered to discipline or manage their kids unless a fire is lit under them.

Children switch friends as often as they switch clothes. Legally, who is going to use THAT as evidence of how much a parent is invested? Who is going to perform that quiz?

Camera system/Ring: Who is going to pay for that? You say a cheap one but what if someone lives in an apartment and isn't allowed to install those devices, then what? Not sure you thought that one through.

So again, proving the parents are at fault from a LEGAL POV will be damn near impossible.

Yall keep pushing this hold the parents legally responsible for children that have fully functioning free-willed brains that would probably physically overpower their parents. But these parents are supposed to somehow be able to keep them from doing dirt? Nah.

Now I do believe due to broken homes (different convo) a lot of these issues arise but to LEGALLY blame parents will be hard to do.

Children switch friends as often as they switch clothes. Legally, who is going to use THAT as evidence of how much a parent is invested? Who is going to perform that quiz?

Camera system/Ring: Who is going to pay for that? You say a cheap one but what if someone lives in an apartment and isn't allowed to install those devices, then what? Not sure you thought that one through.

So again, proving the parents are at fault from a LEGAL POV will be damn near impossible.

Yall keep pushing this hold the parents legally responsible for children that have fully functioning free-willed brains that would probably physically overpower their parents. But these parents are supposed to somehow be able to keep them from doing dirt? Nah.

Now I do believe due to broken homes (different convo) a lot of these issues arise but to LEGALLY blame parents will be hard to do.
Kids aren’t switching their friends out on a dime. Stop lying to yourself to dismiss the answer.

You can have an indoor camera or a door sensor. Not sure you thought your rebuttal through.

Dogs have free-willed brains. Your job as an owner is to train them. They’re too reckless? Keep them on leash. If your dog is aggressive and you don’t have a way of containing it on your property or it keeps attacking other dogs at a park, you’re culpable. And that holds up in court.

The answers are there. You not wanting to accept them is on you.

I have worked in a middle school for 13 years. Kids change friends OFTEN. You can believe what you want but I am speaking from my perspective. Whether you buy it doesn't change reality.

Your dog example let's me know you aren't trying to have a serious conversation. If for one second you believe the role of a dog owner can/should be compared to that as a parent front a legal/social POV, We can agree to disagree and move on.

As I said, you didn't think your methods through by any stretch.

I have worked in a middle school for 13 years. Kids change friends OFTEN. You can believe what you want but I am speaking from my perspective. Whether you buy it doesn't change reality.

Your dog example let's me know you aren't trying to have a serious conversation. If for one second you believe the role of a dog owner can/should be compared to that as a parent front a legal/social POV, We can agree to disagree and move on.

As I said, you didn't think your methods through by any stretch.
My dog example is meant to show who is culpable of managing and allowing incidents to occur. You not understanding that and throwing whataboutisms around instead of the proposed law shows your not interested in curbing the issues.

Child abandonment is already illegal. So is neglect and abuse. You should enforce those laws without making up new ones.

Put another way: you’ve more or less argues that we should care what’s going on with these kids before they commit crimes …

It's such a deep issue that it is hard to even know where to start TBH.

Of course all issues start in the home but if the home itself was build on shaky grounds It's unfair to expect anything that home produces to be stable.

There are social services programs out there to assist parents but some of them don't know they exist, don't have (or make) the time to utilize those resources, and some of the kids are so far gone already.

Sometimes it feels hopeless but until people are getting proper resources
/$ , I don't see why any of this will change.

We opt for the easy solution because it’s easier to blame someone than think through how to fix the root causes. Think you hit the nail on the head - broken homes.

If we invested significant money in creating a level playing field of resources and support for kids age 0-12 we’d see our crime rates in this country drop dramatically.

I’m talking:
-Childcare
-Free access to healthy meals
-Free access to tutoring and extracurriculars
-Transportation support

Basically all the stuff that is required for a kid to grow up with a good head on their shoulders. We place such little emphasis on education and early years it’s embarrassingly bad…and the result is 13-25 year olds that have no sense.

Interestingly, after about 25 people are either in the prison system or they realize that life isn’t it and try to shape up and join society again.

Fining parents is more of a political move by local officials that are feeling the pressure from the public. They can put that out there so it appears they are doing SOMETHING to fight against the crime in some of these cities.

Just dropping this off.

So what about the parents that HAVE raised their kids right (without neglect, abandonment, or turning a blind eye to the nonsense) but the kids simply fell victim to the streets?

How would you handle those situations because those happen more than folksbare willing to see/know/admit.

Should Those parents be fined as well?

If that child LIVES with you…..he, she or them are YOUR responsibility. If you find your child constantly getting in trouble that’s a reflection on that parent. As a consequence that parent should be held accountable and responsible by way of a fine or potential jail time.

Your option as a parent is to remove that child from the lease, and or kick the child out the household. We got to where we are as a society in regards to these juvenile committing crimes because folks are playing games out here with these kids.

Read the article below…….folks can’t tell me the parent of the child below didn’t know what their child was doing. Even if the parent somehow didn’t that makes the situation worse and describes just how bad of a parent they are. For that alone this parent should be thrown in jail with their child.

I never disagreed with a child being a parent's responsibility.

My only pushback has been being able to prove (in a court of law) that parent has promoted, enabled, etc that child's life of crime.

Now if yall are saying to fine a parent regardless of their involvement simply because a child has gone down that path, that is a can of worms I don't think yall really want to open.

First it will be crime/legal.

Next it will trickle down to schools and fining parents of underperforming students. (Why wouldn't that be the natural progression)

Be careful what yall wish for.

Last edited:
I never disagreed with a child being a parent's responsibility.

My only pushback has been being able to prove (in a court of law) that parent has promoted, enabled, etc that child's life of crime.

Now if yall are saying to fine a parent regardless of their involvement simply because a child has gone down that path, that is a can of worms I don't think yall really want to open.

First it will be crime/legal.

Next it will trickle down to schools and fining parents of underperforming students. (Why wouldn't that be the natural progression)

Be careful what yall wish for.

If the child lives WITH or under the a certain household as far as I’m concerned the parent promoted the child’s life of crime. Monitor your kids, take interest in them, or face a monetary fine including jail time or worse.

That’s the course of action prosecutors and the legal entity need to start taking these days. If you give birth to them…….YOU are responsible for them until they are 18 years old, period.

Last edited:
Listening to these bmore admin sending subliminals to ms.Bowser following revelation school shooter was DC gang affiliated.

Listening to these bmore admin sending subliminals to ms.Bowser following revelation school shooter was DC gang affiliated.
It’s been an uptick in DC dudes committing crime in the city…It’s like they finally figured out that Baltimore is more lawless n open for the bs n now they wildin out, weird times

It’s been an uptick in DC dudes committing crime in the city…It’s like they finally figured out that Baltimore is more lawless n open for the bs n now they wildin out, weird times

I heard there was a slew of robberies, stick ups, burglaries in DC by 12-16 year olds in the past couple of weeks in the same area.

Primarily around where the Nationals play.

I don’t have no sympathy, honestly. DC needs to start holding violent criminals accountable(Juveniles and adults). Until then, you will see more juveniles get justifiably killed 🤷🏾

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I’m so sick of people advocating for criminals in this area. DC council/law makers are just as much to blame as that decedent trying to carjack that man. They are pro criminal and as you can see, everything they try to implement in 2020 with them lowering mandatory sentences for criminals is backfiring on them. Honestly, the citizens voted for these idiots, so this is what they get. They want to be pro criminal, expect law Biden citizens to take action and justifiably kill these criminals 6 feet under in self defense. Let them burn.

Last edited:

More like street justice served on a cold platter rather than a tragedy. Youngin got EXACTLY what he and his buddy signed up for that night. It’s only a matter of time before his buddy that ran off into the night after seeing his friend die a slow death gets caught.

Here’s the part about the 13 year old that people and even more importantly his family need to know and remember the most important when they bury him……..Toney had been accused in a string of previous carjackings. Two sources familiar with the investigation say Toney was arrested in May in connection with a number of armed carjackings in Southeast D.C. He was 12 at the time. It wasn’t immediately clear what happened with the cases.

Whatever school this kid went to, the school needs to shut down the day of his funeral and have a field trip so that every kid at the school can attend. I’m sure this kid ain’t the only one at this school that’s causing terror in the city. Hopefully the kids living will get the proper wake up call they need as they see their classmate laying their lifeless from a failed carjacking.

Absolutely DUMB to try and rob somebody in THAT location.

High police presence
Courts
24/7 Surveillance

Some of us lack critical thinking skills man.

Back
Top Bottom