Uber Driver killed by 13 and 15 yr old in DC

THEY will ignore this because it doesn’t back their hopeless narrative that the only fix is mass incarceration of black kids. Which isn’t even a preventative measure it’s reactive.

Anyways excellent article about actually addressing the root causes of these issues.

Wait.

Let's break this down.

We aren't talking about Brooklyn, NY.

This is Minneapolis, MN.

Demographics are here:

TLDR:

More married households vs single parent households:

Husband Wife Family Households: 38%
Single Guardian: 26%

More home owners vs renters:

Owners: 47%
Renters: 32%

More houses w/o kids than with kids:

Without: 63%
With: 37%

Employment:

Full-time / Part-time: 68%
No Earnings / Retired: 32%

Heavily Democratic.

All of this matters.

I'm sure you'd agree that these programs are unfeasible in most large metropolitan or rural southern areas due to funding/demographics/racism (DeSantis)/ etc.

I don't think anyone said that the only solution is locking black kids away.

I don't think you're saying that there should be no black kids behind bars.

No need to go to extremes/hyperbole. More than one thing can be true at the same time.

Anyway,

Excellent programs and nobody can argue with the results.

Demographics just go to show that it takes a village.

Good for them!

Wait.

Let's break this down.

This is Minneapolis, MN.

Demographics are here:

TLDR:

Employment:

Heavily Democratic.

All of this matters.

I'm sure you'd agree that these programs are unfeasible in most large metropolitan or rural southern areas due to funding/demographics/racism (DeSantis)/ etc.

No need to go to extremes/hyperbole. More than one thing can be true at the same time.

Anyway,

Good for them!

Did you cross-reference brooklyn, ny demographics? Seems some areas are comparable, at least for the demos you noted. Obviously the worst of brooklyn isn't comparable to a suburb in MN but I think you're jumping to conclusions in writting such programs off as unfeasible in larger cities. Biggest hurdles are probably policy/funding and actually having people who care in a position to implement unconventional programs.

Did you cross-reference brooklyn, ny demographics? Seems some areas are comparable, at least for the demos you noted. Obviously the worst of brooklyn isn't comparable to a suburb in MN but I think you're jumping to conclusions in writting such programs off as unfeasible in larger cities. Biggest hurdles are probably policy/funding and actually having people who care in a position to implement unconventional programs.

I don't follow.

Where did I limit the conversation of feasibility to mere funding?

Demographics matter.

You could have the best school funding/policies in the world but the community/home environment matters even more.

At any rate:

Wait.

Let's break this down.

This is Minneapolis, MN.

Demographics are here:

TLDR:

Employment:

Heavily Democratic.

All of this matters.

Anyway,

Good for them!

You gotta gravedig in the thread to find the lock them away rhetoric.

From my memory your posts weren’t saying that so you were not included in the “THEY” I was referring to.

I don’t want to see or hear about a man or men being “sensitive”……let alone being “hyper-sensitive”. That’s apart of the PROBLEM right there. Completely unacceptable. You simply can’t build with any guy talking like that.

Exactly! I don’t even hang out or deal with dudes who display those tendencies. You’ll be tricked off the streets or worse, that emo dude will end up trying to off you.

Keep them cats clear and far away from me

Dude putting the blinker on after he dipped out :rofl:

There’s a local news station that covered this latest update this week. Now there are probably some people in this thread that think this kid can rehabilitated and given a second chance. I’m completely different in that regard.

I believe this kid is who he is and should be locked up for quite a long time. He not only killed another kid, he shot at and seriously injured somebody else along the way. Could have quite possibly killed Brian Robinson for a car of all things. Kids like this don’t deserve business programs or a long list of excuses for their behavior. He as well as others need to understand that there are consequences in life and some things you can’t escape or get out of. Too many kids just like him these days are heading down this same path of destruction.

There’s a local news station that covered this latest update this week. Now there are probably some people in this thread that think this kid can rehabilitated and given a second chance. I’m completely different in that regard.

I believe this kid is who he is and should be locked up for quite a long time. He not only killed another kid, he shot at and seriously injured somebody else along the way. Could have quite possibly killed Brian Robinson for a car of all things. Kids like this don’t deserve business programs or a long list of excuses for their behavior. He as well as others need to understand that there are consequences in life and some things you can’t escape or get out of. Too many kids just like him these days are heading down this same path of destruction.
So are you saying preemptive programs couldn't possible have helped in preventing this kid from going down the road of crime?

So are you saying preemptive programs couldn't possible have helped in preventing this kid from going down the road of crime?

I’m FROM DC champ. There’s plenty of preemptive programs and activities for kids to do in this city. Doesn’t matter which quadrant they are in, be it NE, NW, SE, and SW. All Metro accessible also.

Even if there are NO preemptive programs available the alternative as a kid is NOT to shot another kid, and or to rob someone for a Dodge Hellcat. What the hell does a 15 year old need with a Dodge Hellcat?? Completely unacceptable. The court system also needs to look into charges for the family that showed up in court to support the 15 year old. That would be the Mom, aunt and sister.

I’m FROM DC champ. There’s plenty of preemptive programs and activities for kids to do in this city. Doesn’t matter which quadrant they are in, be it NE, NW, SE, and SW. All Metro accessible also.

Even if there are NO preemptive programs available the alternative as a kid is NOT to shot another kid, and or to rob someone for a Dodge Hellcat. What the hell does a 15 year old need with a Dodge Hellcat?? Completely unacceptable. The court system also needs to look into charges for the family that showed up in court to support the 15 year old. That would be the Mom, aunt and sister.
You're missing the point and rambling again.

You mention existing preemptive programs, but have they been evaluated to see how effective they are along with their reach. If something exists, but very people know of its existence, then what is the use?

You're missing the point and rambling again.

You mention existing preemptive programs, but have they been evaluated to see how effective they are along with their reach. If something exists, but very people know of its existence, then what is the use?

No champ, YOUR missing the point. If someone doesn’t know something exists that’s on you the person in need. Do research and see what’s available or out there for you.

You can have all the preemptive programs, business programs etc. all you want to. The vast majority of these kids that are committing these crimes don’t want to work for anything or do anything positive. Doesn’t matter if the programs have been evaluated or not. That’s a waste of time. There’s absolutely no excuse for a kid to shot another kid, let alone try to rob someone for a car.

No champ, YOUR missing the point. If someone doesn’t know something exists that’s on you the person in need. Do research and see what’s available or out there for you.

You can have all the preemptive programs, business programs etc. all you want to. The vast majority of these kids that are committing these crimes don’t want to work for anything or do anything positive. Doesn’t matter if the programs have been evaluated or not. That’s a waste of time. There’s absolutely no excuse for a kid to shot another kid, let alone try to rob someone for a car.
*You're

You can't be out here claiming to have the answers and you don't know the difference between your and you're.

*You're

You can't be out here claiming to have the answers and you don't know the difference between your and you're.

Well champ it was either that on my end or make a bunch of excuses for kids committing crimes…..worse yet murder. I made my decision and I’m sticking to it……..and yes I do have all the answers. That’s why what I’m saying works. I tell it how it is……you tell it how it might be.

If someone doesn’t know something exists that’s on you the person in need. Do research and see what’s available or out there for you.
Why would someone raised in an environment where resources are constantly lacking do research to "see what's available out there?" What could prompt them to think "maybe there is something out there for me," if not for someone else informing them that such a program/initiative exists?

This is just not a realistic thought process. That's not how **** works at any level. Otherwise, career fairs wouldn't be a thing.

Why would someone raised in an environment where resources are constantly lacking do research to "see what's available out there?" What could prompt them to think "maybe there is something out there for me," if not for someone else informing them that such a program/initiative exists?

This is just not a realistic thought process. That's not how **** works at any level. Otherwise, career fairs wouldn't be a thing.

Amazing….these same individuals somehow raised in an environment lacking resources FIND a way to get guns and constantly post videos up and down YouTube of themselves beefing with other neighborhoods near them.

If you want something, it’s up to YOU to go out there and get it….and get it properly might I add. People have access to almost whatever they want via the internet. If folks want to stay stuck on stupid and VOLUNTARILY sign up for jail like this 15 year old I pointed out that’s on them. Ain’t nobody going to feel sympathy for you if you continue to wallow around in filth.

This. While it's different, I do volunteer work for a mental health non-profits that caters to higher education students. Pretty much our entire budget goes to marketing. Roughly 80%, with the remaining funds going to location reservations and website costs.
There is a high demand for low threshold mental health help, but the message needs to reach the target in the first place. Expecting everyone in the intended audience to just seek it out and find it all on their own is a delusional fantasy. That's not how the world works.

Without marketing, both through paid ads and word of mouth, we'd only be able to reach a tiny amount of students. Especially the paid ads on Instagram make a night and day difference.

Last edited:

Couldn’t see the full article but I’m glad the parents of the 9 year old girl are seeking to press charges against the attackers…….not the school bus driver, not the principal of the school but those bad *** kids that beat up their daughter. Bout time folks start placing the blame on the individuals that deserves it.

Back
Top Bottom