Uber Driver killed by 13 and 15 yr old in DC

Article below is the exact reason DC is going in the wrong direction and will continue to see a rise in juvenile crime. The kid that not only shot Washington Commanders running back Brian Robinson and tried to carjack him, but more importantly KILLED another young kid prior to the carjacking incident didn’t show up for his sentencing at court this week. The bottom line is this kid shouldn’t have been released/not in jail leading up to his sentencing. Now he’s on the run and most likely won’t voluntarily turn himself in to the courts. Even his so called mother doesn’t know where her son is apparently.

deuce king deuce king what do you think is the solution?

Overall there’s a number of small solutions that add up to having more well behaved and mannered kids like women making better choices on who they create a life with, parents actually living together in the home and parenting as a cohesive unit. More discipline in the home.

From a government perspective however I think DC Government has to have a MUCH TOUGHER crackdown/harsher punishment standpoint for juveniles that commit crimes. Tony Rock said this line at The Imrov last year when I went to go see him……..”Niggss know better than to commit a crime in Virginia”, which is right next to DC. He’s right too. That’s not to say things don’t happen in Virginia because obviously they do but if you break any law in Virginia you know you are getting nailed to the wall. Shout to “No Savage” about to lose his life for shooting up Tysons Corner Mall. When I said it’s time to start building more juvenile jails I wasn’t lying.

We are seeing the fallout of the lack of black families….single mothers having a bunch of kids with no father/male figure around. These kids……particularly young black males NEED their father in their life.

From a government perspective however I think DC Government has to have a MUCH TOUGHER crackdown/harsher punishment standpoint for juveniles that commit crimes.
do you think that only applies to juveniles or adults too?

Same thing you explained happens out here in LA county. Crime is through the roof here. People know to commit their crimes in LA county Vs Orange County because they know the penalties are significantly less in LA county

do you think that only applies to juveniles or adults too?

Same thing you explained happens out here in LA county. Crime is through the roof here. People know to commit their crimes in LA county Vs Orange County because they know the penalties are significantly less in LA county

Absolutely…….that applies to both juveniles and adults. Folks know where and where not to do a crime……because the punishment is and can be worse in certain areas versus another.

Overall there’s a number of small solutions that add up to having more well behaved and mannered kids like women making better choices on who they create a life with, parents actually living together in the home and parenting as a cohesive unit. More discipline in the home.

From a government perspective however I think DC Government has to have a MUCH TOUGHER crackdown/harsher punishment standpoint for juveniles that commit crimes. Tony Rock said this line at The Imrov last year when I went to go see him……..”Niggss know better than to commit a crime in Virginia”, which is right next to DC. He’s right too. That’s not to say things don’t happen in Virginia because obviously they do but if you break any law in Virginia you know you are getting nailed to the wall. Shout to “No Savage” about to lose his life for shooting up Tysons Corner Mall. When I said it’s time to start building more juvenile jails I wasn’t lying.

We are seeing the fallout of the lack of black families….single mothers having a bunch of kids with no father/male figure around. These kids……particularly young black males NEED their father in their life.

Harsher mandatory sentences definitely works. We should acknowledge that some of these kids are basically predators, not kids. In fact, they are so predatory, we should designate them as “super-predators” and we should definitely have harsh, mandatory sentences for them. And if we can’t keep up with prison space, we should just outsource it. That’s the only way we can deal with the historically unique problem of crack carjackings by young people.

I love this completely original line of thinking!

Harsher mandatory sentences definitely works. We should acknowledge that some of these kids are basically predators, not kids. In fact, they are so predatory, we should designate them as “super-predators” and we should definitely have harsh, mandatory sentences for them. And if we can’t keep up with prison space, we should just outsource it. That’s the only way we can deal with the historically unique problem of crack carjackings by young people.

joe-biden-pointing.gif

:lol: :smh:

Definition of insanity for sure. Same folks a couple decades from now will be talking about how harmful and ineffective the thing they wanted was.

Definition of insanity for sure. Same folks a couple decades from now will be talking about how harmful and ineffective the thing they wanted was.

SMH. This is the same passive, soft-handed, let these kids do whatever they want to do mentality that has OUR kids in the current state of confusion that they are in now. I just talked about how a juvenile is out on the run ducking his sentencing after KILLING another youth and SHOOTING an adult in an attempt carjacking.

I would like to know what you T TooOldForThisStuff and you M Mark Antony would like to see done to this 17 year old that is currently on the run for a homicide and an attempt carjacking??

I’d like a criminal justice system that put rehabilitation and change above corporate profits and revenge fetish. I’d like a wholistic approach to social welfare that presented a different opportunity set to young people. I’d like a system of capitalism that wasn’t so nakedly devoted to pushing as much wealth upwards as possible and a system of government that didn’t constantly defund schools and other resources for young people.

But most of all, I’d like people like you to actually learn from history and the troves of research on crime prevention so that we could actually get popular will for changing things instead of a few minutes of short-lived, chest beating, small organ energy satisfaction at imaginary convictions.

And lest you think for a second of building some nonsense straw man to tear down, I agree with you that the catch and release paradigm in DC is failing society and failing those kids. I absolutely am not arguing for the status quo. There needs to be change, but we all know who it is (and why they are doing it) that is preventing us from putting proper solutions into place.

Ghettoization is real and effective. Go pick up a history book. It would be a better use of your time than obsessively whining in this thread.

@TooOlfForThisIsh……..I asked you a direct question, and I get some roundabout statement that’s not a direct answer. You instead just give some “let’s make a wish” resolution that’s no where near the making and currently not in the works.

Again…….for the 17 year old from DC that I highlighted earlier that has already committed a homicide against another young person and tried to carjack Brain Robinson from the Washington Commanders and ended up shooting him in a botched attempt what do you suggest happen to him TooOlfForThisIsh TooOlfForThisIsh ? Should he simply be forgiven for his past crimes, should he be given jail time, should he be tortured listening to your direct babble on the ills of the community and hood and complete lack of self accountability when you commit a crime………what do you suggest for him??

You want to discuss a single crime without considering the context. I’m uninterested in any single result, only in policy that affects social change. I don’t really care about whether you asked a question and I don’t feel particularly inclined to debate you. I answered you before because I felt some responsibility to clarify my point after mocking your ignorance, but at this point that’s been served.

As far as I can see, people like you are eventually exiled or self-exile for NT. So I’ll just wait for the inevitable.

You want to discuss a single crime without considering the context. I’m uninterested in any single result, only in policy that affects social change. I don’t really care about whether you asked a question and I don’t feel particularly inclined to debate you. I answered you before because I felt some responsibility to clarify my point after mocking your ignorance, but at this point that’s been served.

As far as I can see, people like you are eventually exiled or self-exile for NT. So I’ll just wait for the inevitable.

This is a great display of the incompetence that unfortunately is plaguing our youth of today. Once again, I asked you a direct question and instead of providing a direct answer you give some roundabout vague description mixed in with a bunch of nothing babble nonsense. Your none answer and runaway approach is just as bad as Sincere’s….”Let’s go to Africa” line in Belly.

See fellas this is what happens when a guy sits around all day watching daytime TV. The system or structure he wants DOESN’T exist so he thinks he can just talk about it and that’s supposed to make things better. It’s that “manifest mentality” that a lot of our young females have in this day and age unfortunately.

Not sure what “context” you need to help explain or excuse a then 15 year old killing another young person, then shooting an adult in an attempt carjacking, and then finally skipping his jail sentencing after his voluntary GUILTY plea. It’s individual like you that create this atmosphere of acceptance that allows juveniles to continue to commit these kinds of crimes.

After reading this thread, I see there are a lot of posts where folks do not know the difference in adult and juvenile laws. Juvenile laws and policies are waaaayy different than regular (adult) laws as they are more rehabilitative than punitive. Also detention centers or "juvie" are not the same as DOC/Correctional Facilities, especially in more liberal states.

Also building more juvenile "jails" isn't going to happen. Even juveniles charged as adults and housed in an adult DOC facility aren't even in general population. They were different color jumpsuits and housed in a different part of the jail.
Also if a juvenile is charged as adults, they have a chance to come back to juvenile court, especially if they never had juvenile probation/supervision and services. The most they can get is juvenile life aka probation or committed (sentenced) until 21.

Regarding DC, juvenile crime has spiked crazy, but the ratio of juvenile arrests to court to probation is significantly lower than one probably thinks.

After reading this thread, I see there are a lot of posts where folks do not know the difference in adult and juvenile laws. Juvenile laws and policies are waaaayy different than regular (adult) laws as they are more rehabilitative than punitive. Also detention centers or "juvie" are not the same as DOC/Correctional Facilities, especially in more liberal states.

Also building more juvenile "jails" isn't going to happen. Even juveniles charged as adults and housed in an adult DOC facility aren't even in general population. They were different color jumpsuits and housed in a different part of the jail.
Also if a juvenile is charged as adults, they have a chance to come back to juvenile court, especially if they never had juvenile probation/supervision and services. The most they can get is juvenile life aka probation or committed (sentenced) until 21.

Regarding DC, juvenile crime has spiked crazy, but the ratio of juvenile arrests to court to probation is significantly lower than one probably thinks.
How’s DC juvenile set up? i know adults are fed not state. Juveniles get sent outta state? Here in cali they shut majority of the juvenile camps. gov newsome tryna make halfway homes/rehabilitation facilities close in proximity to the community their from. Urging counties to take care of the youth rather state.

How’s DC juvenile set up? i know adults are fed not state. Juveniles get sent outta state? Here in cali they shut majority of the juvenile camps. gov newsome tryna make halfway homes/rehabilitation facilities close in proximity to the community their from. Urging counties to take care of the youth rather state.
Juvenile delinquency cases and juvenile court in DC isnt federal. When a juvenile gets committed, they can go to a variety of placements (from group home to locked/hardware secure) depending on the charge, compliance on supervision, if any re-arrests, etc.

In MD, juvenile is statewide and can go to a facility as well either in the state or out of state IF the in state facility is full or they are kicked out. In other words, juveniles in MD and DC will NEVER say they "did time" or were sentenced.

You’re right, but these loopholes are exactly why some older guys will give minors as little as $100 to commit a murder or robbery.

Why pay an adult hitman, when you can give the job to a juvenile (12-17 years) for dirt cheap?

You’re right, but these loopholes are exactly why some older guys will give minors as little as $100 to commit a murder or robbery.

Why pay an adult hitman, when you can give the job to a juvenile (12-17 years) for dirt cheap?
Loopholes like this have been going around since the beginning of time. Remember, young fools grow into old fools that know the laws. They know the most kids can get is juvenile life (up to 21), especially in states where the laws are more liberal for kids.

This man’s name is seriously Robert Freeman? Huey, come get your grandad.

Gangster Drill rap is the problem, huh? It really is 1992 in here.

1681297515685.jpeg

Drill rap is certainly a contributing factor. All the sliding, smoking on opps, and beefing is definitely real as silly as it sounds. They literally shoot each other just to be able to rap about it.

I see it in the news all the time but it was kinda funny in a sense to see it in person. I was at Pentagon City the other day and three black kids all with a Nike ski mask not older than 18 get out of this ‘22/‘23 Kia. I was just like yea right :lol: :smh:.

Back
Top Bottom