Uber Driver Kills Six in Kalamazoo Shooting Rampage

Kalamazoo, Michigan (CNN)The man accused of killing six people and injuring two more in a Saturday evening shooting rampage in Kalamazoo, Michigan, was an Uber driver who picked up and dropped off passengers between shootings, a source with knowledge of the investigation told CNN.

The source, who is not authorized to speak to media, said investigators believe Jason Dalton was even looking for fares after the final shooting of a nearly seven-hour killing rampage.

The ride-sharing company confirmed to CNN that Dalton, 45, was an Uber driver and said he had passed a background check.

"We are horrified and heartbroken at the senseless violence in Kalamazoo," Uber's chief security officer Joe Sullivan said to CNN in a statement. "We have reached out to the police to help with their investigation in any way that we can."

Full Story: http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/21/us/michigan-kalamazoo-county-shooting-spree/

Jason Brian Dalton

View media item 1920678

Wale rolling over in his Nike boots right now

-But seriously, R.I.P to the folk that died

Last edited:
A look into Uber's background checks: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...e-drivers-through-background-checks/80703630/

Son had a clean criminal record, folks calling for Uber to step up their screening protocols but it doesn't seem like they could've done anything other than administer routine psychological screens.

Crazy how he was picking up fares during his rampage.

This is why tougher security checks for gun ownership is flawed.
All of these psychos always have a clean record until the day that they snap..

This is why tougher security checks for gun ownership is flawed.
All of these psychos always have a clean record until the day that they snap..

IDK what gun laws in Michigan are but as I've outlined in the past, in many states one can easily acquire a gun and no background checks are required for private sales.

Also in states that have the strictest gun laws, gun crimes are more prevalent.

Last edited:
RIP to those who died

Future RIP to the murderer

RIP to the murderer? **** that, burn in Hell for eterity to the murderer of 7 innocent people. If only extreme torture was legal you would get POS like this who kill in innocent people as they know they'll get an quick and easy non painful death in the worse case scenario.

Ok I'm gonna be a little insensitive here, but do you think when this story hits youtube, you will hear the phrase white on white crime?

Got a 14 year old girl in critical condition. This mfer need to burn. I wanna see the victims. They are calling it a random act of violence, but I'd like to see if it's any correlation, like a certain group of people. Local news ain't saying yet tho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom