Umm, Netflix... What do you think you're doing right now??

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Dear matt,

We are separating unlimited DVDs by mail and unlimited streaming into two separate plans to better reflect the costs of each. Now our members have a choice: a streaming only plan, a DVD only plan, or both.

Your current $11.99 a month membership for unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs (including Blu-ray access) will be split into 2 distinct plans:

Plan 1: Unlimited Streaming (no DVDs) for $7.99 a month
   Plan 2: Unlimited DVDs (including Blu-ray), 1 out at-a-time (no streaming)
              for $9.99 a month

Your price for getting both of these plans will be $17.98 a month ($7.99 + $9.99). You don't need to do anything to continue your memberships for both unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs.

These prices will start for charges on or after September 1, 2011.

You can easily change or cancel your unlimited streaming plan, unlimited DVD plan, or both, by going to the Plan Change page in Your Account.

We realize you have many choices for home entertainment, and we thank you for your business. As always, if you have questions, please feel free to call us at 1-888-357-1516.

–The Netflix Team

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

50% increase in peoples monthly plan just like that huh? Speechless, especially since they've recently taking off some great content from streaming like Dexter.
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Dear matt,

We are separating unlimited DVDs by mail and unlimited streaming into two separate plans to better reflect the costs of each. Now our members have a choice: a streaming only plan, a DVD only plan, or both.

Your current $11.99 a month membership for unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs (including Blu-ray access) will be split into 2 distinct plans:

Plan 1: Unlimited Streaming (no DVDs) for $7.99 a month
   Plan 2: Unlimited DVDs (including Blu-ray), 1 out at-a-time (no streaming)
              for $9.99 a month

Your price for getting both of these plans will be $17.98 a month ($7.99 + $9.99). You don't need to do anything to continue your memberships for both unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs.

These prices will start for charges on or after September 1, 2011.

You can easily change or cancel your unlimited streaming plan, unlimited DVD plan, or both, by going to the Plan Change page in Your Account.

We realize you have many choices for home entertainment, and we thank you for your business. As always, if you have questions, please feel free to call us at 1-888-357-1516.

–The Netflix Team

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

50% increase in peoples monthly plan just like that huh? Speechless, especially since they've recently taking off some great content from streaming like Dexter.
[/font]

I had to give Netflix the boot after they raised to price of the 1 disc + infinite stream
no way i'm going back now...

I had to give Netflix the boot after they raised to price of the 1 disc + infinite stream
no way i'm going back now...

Well, this blows...

30t6p3b.gif

I would prefer to stream everything, but what about *%$! that is not available via stream?  For example, The Wire, which is a double L (no stream, no blu ray).  Solid series so far though, just got through season 1 (Another
indifferent.gif
for having 2 episodes on 1 disc).

Well, this blows...

30t6p3b.gif

I would prefer to stream everything, but what about *%$! that is not available via stream?  For example, The Wire, which is a double L (no stream, no blu ray).  Solid series so far though, just got through season 1 (Another
indifferent.gif
for having 2 episodes on 1 disc).

my account has been on hold for a minute.. i guess i'm just gonna go and delete that joint now.

my account has been on hold for a minute.. i guess i'm just gonna go and delete that joint now.

They're finding a way to make money by bilking their customers as much as they quite possibly can to the point that you'll think of quitting yet still retain you as a customer as you're either too lazy to go to a redbox or too comfortable in the program to bother making a change. Marketing and evolving business structures, my man. I'm sticking to streaming... DVDs take too long and I'm not as interested in physical disks anymore as I can simply stream practically anything that I'm interested in.

They're finding a way to make money by bilking their customers as much as they quite possibly can to the point that you'll think of quitting yet still retain you as a customer as you're either too lazy to go to a redbox or too comfortable in the program to bother making a change. Marketing and evolving business structures, my man. I'm sticking to streaming... DVDs take too long and I'm not as interested in physical disks anymore as I can simply stream practically anything that I'm interested in.

I got an email from them at work about this. I guess I'm switching to just streaming.

I got an email from them at work about this. I guess I'm switching to just streaming.

^Likewise, I literally just canceled my #*@!.. like right now, it just happened.
30t6p3b.gif

^Likewise, I literally just canceled my #*@!.. like right now, it just happened.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Doctor Demise

What are you watching?
laugh.gif
  Seriously.

I mostly use to catch up on old but classic tv shows and most "cable" shows don't have the stream option (The Wire, The Shield, Sopranos, Rome, Dexter, etc.)

What are you watching?
laugh.gif
  Seriously.

I mostly use to catch up on old but classic tv shows and most "cable" shows don't have the stream option (The Wire, The Shield, Sopranos, Rome, Dexter, etc.)

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

What are you watching?
laugh.gif
  Seriously.

I watch things like movies from that one thread on here suggesting good movies, classics that I haven't watched in ages, Deadliest Warrior, The Office, South Park etc. As for the shows which you've mentioned regarding not having the streaming option I have other avenues I can travel to get to those shows.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom