Under Armour Curry 5 Thread March 14 2018

Tomato tamato. All I'm saying is the tech. in the other shoes still marketable even if they aren't sigs.

I'll take Boost, Bounce and full Zoom over EVA.
You should be more clear then my man. Bold that I quoted isn't mentioning jack poo poo about tech and that's why I quoted it. It makes it look more like you're talking about looks not tech. If that was the case I wouldn't have even quoted it just talking about tech because I agree with that and why I didn't mention it in my post.

under armour needs to put good cushioning in the currys

though he may not want cushioning consumers do

reminds me of the reebok answer vi

dope upper awful cushioning

You should be more clear then my man. Bold that I quoted isn't mentioning jack poo poo about tech and that's why I quoted it. It makes it look more like you're talking about looks not tech. If that was the case I wouldn't have even quoted it just talking about tech because I agree with that and why I didn't mention it in my post.

I didn't mention visual appeal and I only talked about performance and cushioning, so I don't see how you made that connection. But again, tomato tamato, no big.

under armour needs to put good cushioning in the currys

though he may not want cushioning consumers do

I couldn't agree more. I don't get this notion that shoes have to sacrifice cushioning to be responsive and low to the ground. There are plenty of examples of shoes with good cushioning and excellent court feel and responsiveness.

Who knows how long they will keep using EVA in the Curry line, which is the most basic cushioning for any signature shoe out there as far as I can tell. Even Westbrook's sig for the notoriously overpriced Jordan Brand has full Zoom at $125.

well, it is hard to put insoles in the curry 4, but in the curry 5, putting insoles is easy so at least you will kinda have a little remedy on that cushion problem

look at this bull ****

i aint never seen this beforejust because its not scheduled for delivery until tomorrow
B6796337-8180-465F-B7B9-35051D2BCDDE.png

look at this bull ****

i aint never seen this beforejust because its not scheduled for delivery until tomorrow
That happens with me all the time with Fedex. It's annoying, I even debated driving to the Fedex facility to pick it up but I found out that they won't release the package.

Just got mine in. These fit TTS for anyone that ordered and hasn't received. They feel/fit very similar to the 4's.

Saw the top view pics of this shoe right before they released and they looked narrow around mid foot. I have wide feet and I don’t ball, so I went a half size up and I’m glad I did. Tried on my true size and I could feel them cutting off circulation.

Just got mine in. These fit TTS for anyone that ordered and hasn't received. They feel/fit very similar to the 4's.
Can I please ask for some clarification....for Curry 1, 2 and 3's I was a 10.5, but for Curry 4 I had to go up to an 11. For say the Curry 2's, were you the same size...I'm guessing I need to stick with an 11. Thanks in advance!

Dude...his entire post was about cushioning setup...

And were the only person to quote it, let alone imply the post was about looks.

It was your mistake...no big deal...I misread or overlook things often...but stop trying to play it off as if the poster wasn't clear...he very much was.

Dude...his entire post was about cushioning setup...

And were the only person to quote it, let alone imply the post was about looks.

It was your mistake...no big deal...I misread or overlook things often...but stop trying to play it off as if the poster wasn't clear...he very much was.

Edit: I'm not here to mess up the thread so F it talk your talk. I'd just advise you to keep that jumping in others convos online offline it might not turn out good for you.

Last edited:
Can I please ask for some clarification....for Curry 1, 2 and 3's I was a 10.5, but for Curry 4 I had to go up to an 11. For say the Curry 2's, were you the same size...I'm guessing I need to stick with an 11. Thanks in advance!

I've been 10.5 for all models with a few exceptions. The dubnation 1's are a bit too snug at 10.5, would prefer an 11. I needed 11 in the 1 lows that had the thicker insole (dubs colorway, friends and family, etc.), but was fine with a 10.5 in the 1 camp lows and red/blue quickstrikes. All other mids including 4, i've been good with 10.5, which my 5's are as well. 11's on the 4's would have made getting them on easier, but i didn't need the extra toebox room.

Only one I went up in was the 4 low. Made the heel pillows feels a little better.

I actually think these shoes look good in the pics I’m seeing posted on here, but this has to be the worst marketing possible for a signature shoe I’ve ever seen.

After how awesome it was how Curry debuted his last shoe in the Finals last year with no pictures being leaked out previously or anything this is just kinda ridiculous. You randomly drop these early as hell out of nowhere with this plain *** black colorway while he’s injured and out with an ankle injury of all things with these being his first ever true low top as his main signature shoe. No special commercial. No debut game wearing them. Nothing.

And like others have said....it’s absolutely absurd that UA is still continuing to put zero technology in this man’s shoes. Like does Curry really hate cushioning in shoes THAT much? They need to put the most groundbreaking technology that UA can possibly put out in Curry’s next shoe or its going to be looking reaaaaaal bleak for their future in basketball, if it isn’t already.

Keep going man. Keep going.

At one point my rotation was mostly Under Armour. Spawn Lows, CF Drives and Curry 1. Now, it's back to mostly Adidas and Nike. I'm sure some people on here have some info. on what's going on with UA because something definitely changed.

I actually think these shoes look good in the pics I’m seeing posted on here, but this has to be the worst marketing possible for a signature shoe I’ve ever seen.

After how awesome it was how Curry debuted his last shoe in the Finals last year with no pictures being leaked out previously or anything this is just kinda ridiculous. You randomly drop these early as hell out of nowhere with this plain *** black colorway while he’s injured and out with an ankle injury of all things with these being his first ever true low top as his main signature shoe. No special commercial. No debut game wearing them. Nothing.

And like others have said....it’s absolutely absurd that UA is still continuing to put zero technology in this man’s shoes. Like does Curry really hate cushioning in shoes THAT much? They need to put the most groundbreaking technology that UA can possibly put out in Curry’s next shoe or its going to be looking reaaaaaal bleak for their future in basketball, if it isn’t already.

I agree, and I think even if Curry really does hate cushion that much, at some point they may want to start putting the new/best tech into the commercial version. There's been talk of players getting better tech than the commercial versions (e.g., people on NT said that Kyrie's personal pairs of the 2 or 3 supposedly had forefoot zoom), so this would essentially be the opposite situation with Curry getting less cushion than the commercial version. I understand that the player's sig is supposed to be tailored to his game, but at some point UA has to be more concerned with commercial appeal for the versions they release to the public. For the sake of competition, I hope they step up their efforts soon.

I agree, and I think even if Curry really does hate cushion that much, at some point they may want to start putting the new/best tech into the commercial version. There's been talk of players getting better tech than the commercial versions (e.g., people on NT said that Kyrie's personal pairs of the 2 or 3 supposedly had forefoot zoom), so this would essentially be the opposite situation with Curry getting less cushion than the commercial version. I understand that the player's sig is supposed to be tailored to his game, but at some point UA has to be more concerned with commercial appeal for the versions they release to the public. For the sake of competition, I hope they step up their efforts soon.

It’s just bad all around. The 4 was a step in the right direction after the 3 was a complete failure but this feels like a huge step backwards. They brought nothing new to the table at all.

I gotta know who the **** is in charge of their planning over there at UA too. Like they built so much hype for the 4’s during the Finals last year then took legit like 5 months to release them and kill all the hype that shoe had....then with these they just randomly out of nowhere drop these plain black pair of Curry 5’s....his first low top ever....while he’s been injured with an ANKLE injury for the past month.

Just all kinds of stupidity over there right now.

Back
Top Bottom