Under Armour Curry 8

I guess it's a hand holding up 3 fingers. I don't hate it but I don't love it.

The new logo is pretty clever though...

Triple meaning or three ways to interpret it...

1. SC
SC.jpg

2. 30 (kinda lol)
30.jpg

3. "3" Hand gesture

1. What the hell is going on with the heel tab
2. Colorways are aight but 3 of them are super basic
3. Only the tech specs can save this lazy looking signature shoe
4. UA is doing so bad. Very interested in seeing how this separate brand for him works.
5. I can't see myself buying any of these unless they were $75, and UA doesn't do discounts like that.

Gonna pick them up and try them out on RD. Real basic ****. $160 is steep, like the Kawhi but those have nice material all around but they're not that comfortable. The cushioning and outsole traction will be the selling point on these from the information we know so far.
Hope Curry stays healthy and the team goes far this coming season which might help with the shoe sales.

I am going to need to see these on feet...because they still look like wal-mart specials to me.

They need to hide that logo

1. What the hell is going on with the heel tab
2. Colorways are aight but 3 of them are super basic
3. Only the tech specs can save this lazy looking signature shoe
4. UA is doing so bad. Very interested in seeing how this separate brand for him works.
5. I can't see myself buying any of these unless they were $75, and UA doesn't do discounts like that.
They do discounts when they hit UA outlets, you just have to wait a while lol. I saw curry 4s for 50 i think in 2018, heck i just copped some curry 6s with the fixed outsole from dicks for 80 just a week ago.

(interesting i haven’t seen that mentioned here that many Curry 6s were restocked at UA outlets and dicks and all have the fixed outsole now, even the earlier CWs like fox theater and underrated

Yeah I saw the 6s on DSG but the fanfare on Curry's are almost dead here so I didnt bother posting. They didn't have a few in my size.

I saw it as well. There have been all kinds of options. Nobody cares so I stopped posting too. I almost got a couple pairs but I can't get over how terrible they were when I tried them on. Twice. Two different socks on. Awful. And I know 6 months after the fact they go on sale, I meant during the initial release. I'm good for now anyway.

Now that the season officially starts in 5 weeks, I'm looking forward to hearing about the new brand and seeing the actual announcement about the tech, from UA. Hope there are some good surprise announcements. Seems like a good time to unveil too. The 35s aren't really a hit, the 18s aren't either, and nothing else is really on fire in terms of bball shoes.

Very simplistic design. Doesn’t look very “signature” more generic to me personally. Really surprised they didn’t try to really get aggressive with the design of these, considering this is supposed to be the new signature under the Curry umbrella.

Not the exact same but I get Reebok answer 3 vibes.

JS”

the more i look at it the more it looks like the Nike epic react. the sock-like upper, the thick cushion and even the pull-tab on the heel. no creativity at all smh. UA needs to hire new designers fr

Traction looks interesting. Wish they would come on with the announcement and the tech specs. But it's too close to the draft now. Maybe they're waiting until the Monday of Thanksgiving week leading into BF. Or the Friday before.

1605583021028.png

Also, as crazy as it sounds, they're probably waiting on a definitive end to the election, since IG has their tagging system for new posts, limited, to slow the spread of election myths. And you can bet they want the images to go far and wide and help sales since that's free advertising and even if it gets them 5 additional sales, it requires next to no real effort on their part.

Back
Top Bottom