Under Armour?

Sure do. Check footlocker.com and see if they have you size at your local store. Some stores have the red pair out already.
The red pair is nice.  If I do pay full retail I will probably wait for grey or black colorway.  

@FlashSole  any chance you can share more w/ us on the Drive 3 low and mid? 
nerd.gif

edit: just found the team catalog for FW 16

Last edited:

You got it.

and shhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't need them locking it hahaha
my lips are sealed haha...

And wow, Drive 3 mid and low do look like what the 2s should have been...

My one question is, is the Curry 2 and Drive 2 midsole setup actually full-length micro G with a charged heel crashpad?  (as it's described for the curry 2.5 and drive 3 lows/mids)

The SS16 catalog gives a neat description of what they did for the Fire Shot -- really intrigued by those

I'm actually liking the red/white/bright yellow pair the most that Barton and some others wore for AS weekend

Last edited:

my lips are sealed haha...

And wow, Drive 3 mid and low do look like what the 2s should have been...

My one question is, is the Curry 2 and Drive 2 midsole setup actually full-length micro G with a charged heel crashpad?  (as it's described for the curry 2.5 and drive 3 lows/mids)
Drive 3 restores my faith in the Drive franchise haha. I heard it was going to be better, but glad it's THIS much better. 

So curry 2 is full charged unlike the curry 1 where it was just the heel. Microg g is kinda tough on speedform cause of the construction. 2.5 should be the exact same as the curry 2 as far as charged and micro g. Micro g may even be a little more noticeable since it isn't speedform. Hopefully that makes sense. 

YES! NanoG on the Fire Shot is going to be fun to try out. Excited to see how light they are. 

Ever had a shoe with CompFit before? Like the Juke or MicroG Pro? 

Last edited:

Drive 3 restores my faith in the Drive franchise haha. I heard it was going to be better, but glad it's THIS much better. 

So curry 2 is full charged and micro g unlike the curry 1 where it was just the heel. Microg g is kinda tough on speedform cause of the construction, but it's there. 2.5 should be the exact same as the curry 2 as far as charged and micro g. Micro g may even be a little more noticeable since it isn't speedform. Hopefully that makes sense. 

YES! NanoG on the Fire Shot is going to be fun to try out. Excited to see how light they are. 

Ever had a shoe with CompFit before? Like the Juke or MicroG Pro? 
I've never had a compfit shoe, but I have tried on shoes in the past with neoprene-esque sleeves and I can only imagine how great these would feel

I can get the fire shot in black for about 102 shipped after coupon.  Very tempting but I'd like to hear an opinion on sizing before ordering.  UA is generally TTS for me but I've had to drop .5 for some hoop models and .5 in some runners

I've never had a compfit shoe, but I have tried on shoes in the past with neoprene-esque sleeves and I can only imagine how great these would feel

I can get the fire shot in black for about 102 shipped after coupon.  Very tempting but I'd like to hear an opinion on sizing before ordering.  UA is generally TTS for me but I've had to drop .5 for some hoop models and .5 in some runners
yea, they have them at my local champs, so may stop by there soon. I'll let ya know. 

i dont like the silhouette of the torch fade..
it really look like a boot :frown:

and with all the love Micro G gets, 
they are ditching it for Charged? no basketball shoes in the catalog have micro g :frown:

i dont like the silhouette of the torch fade..
it really look like a boot :frown:

and with all the love Micro G gets, 
they are ditching it for Charged? no basketball shoes in the catalog have micro g :frown:
Did you read the descriptions of the models though?  They say full-length micro G in multiple of those models.  I don't really know what to believe now in terms of the mix of Micro G and charged together but it's clear micro G is still used.

Just tried on the fire shot at champs at the parks mall in Arlington. I went true to size but you could go .5 down and be ok. Micro g felt great, compfit ankle felt great but honestly overall the shoe felt like an 80 to $90 shoe not a $110.

Did you read the descriptions of the models though?  They say full-length micro G in multiple of those models.  I don't really know what to believe now in terms of the mix of Micro G and charged together but it's clear micro G is still used.
 my bad... 

i mean, a lot love the full micro g (only) setup and not the mixed ones...

sorry for not being that clear..my bad

my bad... 

i mean, a lot love the full micro g (only) setup and not the mixed ones...

sorry for not being that clear..my bad
I didn't mean to seem so hostile in my response either 
laugh.gif
 sorry if I did!

Just wanted to point out that I did see micro G in the descriptions so the cushion setup seems to be still alive

I'm with you -- they can't just dump micro G... I like a lot of the charged setups they've put out, but still gotta give the nod to micro G

Just tried on the fire shot at champs at the parks mall in Arlington. I went true to size but you could go .5 down and be ok. Micro g felt great, compfit ankle felt great but honestly overall the shoe felt like an 80 to $90 shoe not a $110.
Thanks! Was afraid of the price point. Reminds me of the Juke a bit. O well, I'll happily shell out the cash for the PEs coming.

Took a peek at the Drive 3's as well.  Just based on looks alone I want a pair of 3 Lows.  I was thinking about one more pair of 2 Lows, but now I think I'll just skip them until the 3's.  Much more reminiscent of the 1's which is still my favorite UA basketball shoe.

I think when they say Charged and Micro G, they might be referring to just a Micro G insole with a Charged midsole.  I much prefer the straight Micro G of the Spawns and first Drives, as opposed to the combination they used in the Curry 1/2 and Drive 2.  I hope they bring that back, but I think those days might be gone.

Took a peek at the Drive 3's as well.  Just based on looks alone I want a pair of 3 Lows.  I was thinking about one more pair of 2 Lows, but now I think I'll just skip them until the 3's.  Much more reminiscent of the 1's which is still my favorite UA basketball shoe.

I think when they say Charged and Micro G, they might be referring to just a Micro G insole with a Charged midsole.  I much prefer the straight Micro G of the Spawns and first Drives, as opposed to the combination they used in the Curry 1/2 and Drive 2.  I hope they bring that back, but I think those days might be gone.
I thin you're right. And the cfd 1 mid and low is still a beast

Not the Drive 2s you should worry about, It's the Fire Shot lows you'll have to try and pass on. 

Are there any pics or info anywhere about those CFD 3s? I'm really interested... I'm thinking of skipping the Curry 2 altogether if CFD3 is what's it supposed to be.

My first UA non-basketball related pick up is the Apollo 2. Coming from the ultra boost I think these suits me just fine. Plus the fact the UB are overly hype to this point gotta get away. At half the cost will be picking up another pair or when the Slingshot can be had for under $100. Really light and comfortable. The traction is wonderful. Couldn't stand the poor UB traction. Charged and Micro G feels great in this application. Will be better for running/sprinting than the boost.

Last edited:
^^^ if you are near a UA clearance store they had the Apollo for $40 2 weeks ago. Grabbed the whole family a pair.

Back
Top Bottom