Under Armour?

I called last night and eastbay told me they weren't able to place an order on double nickels. They hand wrote my order and said they would place it this morninng...never seen that before.

Woke up with this morning to a confirmation email...

I think the prototypes are one of the nicest sneakers I've seen in a long time, but I already have 2 white/red bball sneakers in my rotation (xiis, china viiis) and plan on getting the chicago Xs to play in too. If they released any other colors, white/black
pimp.gif
, white/green
pimp.gif
, black/green/white
pimp.gif
, etc. I'd buy them in an instant at retail, no regrets. I don't know why they didn't come out with them (production costs maybe, if they actually were a 'prototype'?), but I feel like these would've sold a million times better than the black ice.

The black ice sneakers just seem to lack something special. They don't look bad at all, but they are very underwhelming. I think they did a better job with the bloodlines, but they also look a little too basic as well for my tastes. Idk why, but I feel like the prototypes have sort of a unique presence and look more like a premium/special sneaker that under armour would make. Love what Under Armour's doing, and have heard great things about micro-g and the quality, but they haven't released anything yet that's really grabbed me or convinced me that it's worth paying more than outlet prices. I missed out on the black ices for $38, so I'm hoping/waiting that the other colorways go for that price

I think the prototypes are one of the nicest sneakers I've seen in a long time, but I already have 2 white/red bball sneakers in my rotation (xiis, china viiis) and plan on getting the chicago Xs to play in too. If they released any other colors, white/black
pimp.gif
, white/green
pimp.gif
, black/green/white
pimp.gif
, etc. I'd buy them in an instant at retail, no regrets. I don't know why they didn't come out with them (production costs maybe, if they actually were a 'prototype'?), but I feel like these would've sold a million times better than the black ice.

The black ice sneakers just seem to lack something special. They don't look bad at all, but they are very underwhelming. I think they did a better job with the bloodlines, but they also look a little too basic as well for my tastes. Idk why, but I feel like the prototypes have sort of a unique presence and look more like a premium/special sneaker that under armour would make. Love what Under Armour's doing, and have heard great things about micro-g and the quality, but they haven't released anything yet that's really grabbed me or convinced me that it's worth paying more than outlet prices. I missed out on the black ices for $38, so I'm hoping/waiting that the other colorways go for that price

u really have to own the black ice in person to see its great .... ummm viewabibility? it looks good at multiple angles and the multiple materials make it a classy looking shoe. its subtle yet refined. i never seen a all black shoe looking this good. i have the black ice and just ordered the double nickels. I wanted the supersonic black and orange joints to ball in but they ran out of sizes and im running out of money. the bloodlines are dope too but it has a very plain look to it. i think the leather toe cap kinda dulls it out just a tad. i am waiting for a good colorway to hit the streets.

totally agree with you on those unreleased colors. im somewhat settling for this colorway as theres no hint of any of the other colorways ever coming out.

u really have to own the black ice in person to see its great .... ummm viewabibility? it looks good at multiple angles and the multiple materials make it a classy looking shoe. its subtle yet refined. i never seen a all black shoe looking this good. i have the black ice and just ordered the double nickels. I wanted the supersonic black and orange joints to ball in but they ran out of sizes and im running out of money. the bloodlines are dope too but it has a very plain look to it. i think the leather toe cap kinda dulls it out just a tad. i am waiting for a good colorway to hit the streets.

totally agree with you on those unreleased colors. im somewhat settling for this colorway as theres no hint of any of the other colorways ever coming out.

i'm up on the fence right now with jordan brand releasing the black cements/last shots and concord 11's, and under armour's rise in the basketball market.... smh. i'm usually brand loyal, i do own all the black ice's (except the lowtops), but having these jordan releases are huge in my book considering i never owned any of the 3 that are dropping (jordans). the bloodlines are so dope! and the prototype release is getting me to jump ship and just invest heavily in the UA. VENTING. anybody else on the same frame of thought? lol

i'm up on the fence right now with jordan brand releasing the black cements/last shots and concord 11's, and under armour's rise in the basketball market.... smh. i'm usually brand loyal, i do own all the black ice's (except the lowtops), but having these jordan releases are huge in my book considering i never owned any of the 3 that are dropping (jordans). the bloodlines are so dope! and the prototype release is getting me to jump ship and just invest heavily in the UA. VENTING. anybody else on the same frame of thought? lol

very similar frame of thought in my mind. jordan xi/3's or prototypes/bloodlines. i ended up getting blackice and ordered prototypes. jordans are dope but its time to move on and keep looking forward. plus jordans are pricier yet cheaper quality. haha. i ll wait until the bred xi rerererereleases.

very similar frame of thought in my mind. jordan xi/3's or prototypes/bloodlines. i ended up getting blackice and ordered prototypes. jordans are dope but its time to move on and keep looking forward. plus jordans are pricier yet cheaper quality. haha. i ll wait until the bred xi rerererereleases.

guys, which one should I buy for myself...

the double nickels or a VNDS pair of Lebron VII Dunkmans or RCs???

I am torn between these shoes..

The double nickels are nice but I really dont like the colorway...

guys, which one should I buy for myself...

the double nickels or a VNDS pair of Lebron VII Dunkmans or RCs???

I am torn between these shoes..

The double nickels are nice but I really dont like the colorway...

Originally Posted by Prince of Nicholson Avenue

I was thinking the samething myself but at the sametime, the BJ's shoes all went on sale the 1st time around with the black ice's. Only shoe I'm concerned about missing out on is the prototypes, those joints go nuts!
pimp.gif
 It might be a gametime decision when I spot them out in person

Originally Posted by Prince of Nicholson Avenue

I was thinking the samething myself but at the sametime, the BJ's shoes all went on sale the 1st time around with the black ice's. Only shoe I'm concerned about missing out on is the prototypes, those joints go nuts!
pimp.gif
 It might be a gametime decision when I spot them out in person

Originally Posted by denniscu

the double nickels are not yet up on the eastbay website...I also did a product number search...
eastbay rep, please advice on pricing and availability on the site.

thanks!
Originally Posted by th3darkhors3

Prototypes are up on eastbay. No 15's in the bloodlines? I love my black ices. What gives?
Yup, they are up on our website now.  Here is a link to them, if you are interested:  http://bit.ly/su7NnE

EastbayRep - Ray

Originally Posted by denniscu

the double nickels are not yet up on the eastbay website...I also did a product number search...
eastbay rep, please advice on pricing and availability on the site.

thanks!
Originally Posted by th3darkhors3

Prototypes are up on eastbay. No 15's in the bloodlines? I love my black ices. What gives?
Yup, they are up on our website now.  Here is a link to them, if you are interested:  http://bit.ly/su7NnE

EastbayRep - Ray

Back
Top Bottom