Under Armour?

New to this thread. I want to pick up a pair of underarmours for basketball but I have no idea on technlogy UA has been putting out. The only experience I've had with them is their football cleats (numerous pairs). I;m not satisified with the 2 big brands and their products at this point.
I'm looking for preferably a low cut shoe that allows me to fully take advantage of my speed, quickness, and explosion. I'm looking for something that has great forefoot cushioning as well (only idiots land on their heels).

In Nikes I liked playing in the Kobe IV the most [Loved the lowtop freedom and traction] *too bad there not durable. I got real tired of their BS story telling traction that does nothing and their soles are too stiff...

In the Adidas side, I proffered the Rose 1.0(would have loved the lows of the rose 1.5s. [Loved the puremotion and smooth ride especially during violent change of directions]. I love what their doing but their lack of puremotion thus far (the only reason I got in to the brand) is straying me away.

I don't have a price range but the main points are:
1) Low top
2) Forefoot cushioning
3) Great traction

New to this thread. I want to pick up a pair of underarmours for basketball but I have no idea on technlogy UA has been putting out. The only experience I've had with them is their football cleats (numerous pairs). I;m not satisified with the 2 big brands and their products at this point.
I'm looking for preferably a low cut shoe that allows me to fully take advantage of my speed, quickness, and explosion. I'm looking for something that has great forefoot cushioning as well (only idiots land on their heels).

In Nikes I liked playing in the Kobe IV the most [Loved the lowtop freedom and traction] *too bad there not durable. I got real tired of their BS story telling traction that does nothing and their soles are too stiff...

In the Adidas side, I proffered the Rose 1.0(would have loved the lows of the rose 1.5s. [Loved the puremotion and smooth ride especially during violent change of directions]. I love what their doing but their lack of puremotion thus far (the only reason I got in to the brand) is straying me away.

I don't have a price range but the main points are:
1) Low top
2) Forefoot cushioning
3) Great traction

UA I NEED ALL THESE ASAP!

24dq741.jpg

sm81nt.jpg

35ap4ky.jpg

^^^Too bad they're only for the 106 & Park people. 
On a side note I went to the local FNL to check them out, and the only cw they didn't have was the camo (which is what I wanted). The funny thing is the store employees weren't even aware that cw existed until they placed my order (how is that even possible?
laugh.gif
). The shoes themselves seem well made (no glue marks on the 2 pairs I tried), and the 3M touches here and there really set them off. the holographic net on the back is also nice.

One thing you should be aware of is the sizing: I'm usually a 13, but I had to go a full size down as the toebox is fairly wide (for comparison purposes, the Black Ice fit true to size); I expect the size 12 to stretch after a few wears. 

Anyone can shed some light on the Double Nickels sizing? 

On a side note I went to the local FNL to check them out, and the only cw they didn't have was the camo (which is what I wanted). The funny thing is the store employees weren't even aware that cw existed until they placed my order (how is that even possible?
laugh.gif
). The shoes themselves seem well made (no glue marks on the 2 pairs I tried), and the 3M touches here and there really set them off. the holographic net on the back is also nice.

One thing you should be aware of is the sizing: I'm usually a 13, but I had to go a full size down as the toebox is fairly wide (for comparison purposes, the Black Ice fit true to size); I expect the size 12 to stretch after a few wears. 

gry- it doesn't surprise me they didn't know about the camo colorway... most shoe store employees (depending on the manager and style of employees they want) either are hype beasts or just there for the benefits and a job, theres only a few stores i've been to that know about shoes and fit people with the right shoe for their needs. it also doesn't help that the market has been dominated by nike and somewhat adidas that UA doesn't get any light, i can almost guarantee you that they all know about hte nike releases and now rose, but when it comes to UA, any team shoe from Adi (maybe even nike) that they have no idea of when they release, who they're for, what hte technology is and whatnot

gry- it doesn't surprise me they didn't know about the camo colorway... most shoe store employees (depending on the manager and style of employees they want) either are hype beasts or just there for the benefits and a job, theres only a few stores i've been to that know about shoes and fit people with the right shoe for their needs. it also doesn't help that the market has been dominated by nike and somewhat adidas that UA doesn't get any light, i can almost guarantee you that they all know about hte nike releases and now rose, but when it comes to UA, any team shoe from Adi (maybe even nike) that they have no idea of when they release, who they're for, what hte technology is and whatnot

they need to release those PEs...the elite 24 colorway is an insta-cop

they need to release those PEs...the elite 24 colorway is an insta-cop

Originally Posted by Gry60

laugh.gif

good info on the bloodlines. and will update on the double nickel sizing, . i ll be getting them monday

Originally Posted by Gry60

laugh.gif

good info on the bloodlines. and will update on the double nickel sizing, . i ll be getting them monday

yeah, but i have n underarmour hookup through the company so gotta wait til they drop online

yeah, but i have n underarmour hookup through the company so gotta wait til they drop online

Back
Top Bottom