University Blue "UNCements" Jordan IV 4/28/21 $200 Finish Line is Trash

For Someone who’s never owned a pair f 4s, can I get some advice on sizing for these? I keep hearing they run a bit small.

If I wear an 11.5 in Jordan 1s, 5s and 6s, is TTS a safe bet with the University Blues?

I’d have to drop about 400 hundred on eBay.

With no returns, I need to be sure.

Thanks.🙏

I know that light has an affect on the color tone of shoes, but some of the disparities in color on eBay are pretty striking.

Are different pairs getting a darker dye job or are they all basically the same shade of blue?

Example:
89019F48-78FC-4933-B9E8-9A70377B4231.jpeg

3BAA763E-6C76-4BEB-8959-EE15312A727B.jpeg

I've been scouring the resell sites for a pair of these in the $350-360 range, without success. I've started focusing my search on "new without box" or "new with defects." Found a listing on eBay for $420 + $17 shipping...without the box.

Are you freaking kidding me?

...some people have no shame.

What’s the best brand of waterproofing spray to use in these?

Champs/FTL "Ultra Protector" with the maroon cap. Trust me. It's the absolute best you can find. Found this out the hard way when my Champs stopped carrying it for a while. I tried a Sof Sole and a Kiwi and neither one worked as well.

EDIT: Took this pic back in the spring for someone asking the same question. I sprayed these with Champs brand ONCE in 2015, and literally ran them under the sink for this pic. 5 years later, this is still what happens...

Screenshot_20210907-094350_Messages.jpg

Champs/FTL "Ultra Protector" with the maroon cap. Trust me. It's the absolute best you can find. Found this out the hard way when my Champs stopped carrying it for a while. I tried a Sof Sole and a Kiwi and neither one worked as well.

EDIT: Took this pic back in the spring for someone asking the same question. I sprayed these with Champs brand ONCE in 2015, and literally ran them under the sink for this pic. 5 years later, this is still what happens...

Screenshot_20210907-094350_Messages.jpg

This is incredibly helpful.

...thank you.🙏

This is incredibly helpful.

...thank you.🙏

Not a problem man. If you have a decent size collection or buy frequently, I'd suggest buying a few bottles when you come across it. I won't wear a pair out of the house unless I've sprayed them first. One time/one coat and you're good to go for a loooong time.

Not a problem man. If you have a decent size collection or buy frequently, I'd suggest buying a few bottles when you come across it. I won't wear a pair out of the house unless I've sprayed them first. One time/one coat and you're good to go for a loooong time.

How far does one bottle get you?

One pair of shoes?

...two?

I have never waterproofed any of my suede shoes... I just don't wear them when it rains. I probably should though...

I have a small water stain on my Raging Bull 5s just from washing my hands in the bathroom at work and being a little careless while drying them off.

...it doesn’t take much.

Glad this thread got bumped.

My pair off eBay came in today and sure enough, they’re right in the edge of being too small. They don’t feel terrible, but there’s barely any room at the end of the toe...not even a full thumb length.

Do these stretch like leather Jordans?

Or how they feel now is how they’ll feel six months from now?

25962A1C-4A55-4015-BA35-1F641F505B2D.jpeg

Glad this thread got bumped.

My pair off eBay came in today and sure enough, they’re right in the edge of being too small. They don’t feel terrible, but there’s barely any room at the end of the toe...not even a full thumb length.

Do these stretch like leather Jordans?

Or how they feel now is how they’ll feel six months from now?

25962A1C-4A55-4015-BA35-1F641F505B2D.jpeg
If you have a full thumb-length of space in your shoes then they're probably too big.. not sure if you're trolling or not but I'm gonna go ahead and report you just to be on the safe side.

Is the ultra protector available anywhere online, or is it in store only?

I don't think so. I tried looking for it when my Champs quit carrying it, and I've only ever seen it at Champs stores.

I can try to go pick up some for folks in here, but it's probably way easier for y'all to hit up your closest Champs.

Last edited:
Reactions: LD7
If you have a full thumb-length of space in your shoes then they're probably too big.. not sure if you're trolling or not but I'm gonna go ahead and report you just to be on the safe side.

Thumb length, thumb width, whatever.

I think You know what I mean.

...thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom