University Blue "UNCements" Jordan IV 4/28/21 $200 Finish Line is Trash

wait a minute!! Looking at the tongues of other pair posted here, looks like the tag is suppose to be facing on the inner side.

looks like the pair eBay actually authenticated might be a fake

not my picture
E3915D76-DD01-4B48-BB19-B0C9B55277CE.png

Son of a ....

Authenticated.
CF20FFA0-0664-47B4-81DF-5C7CF4BBF39B.jpeg

I’m saying I think this pair is a fake, the one that eBay did authenticate. Based of the pictures the tag on the tongue is on the wrong side.

the netting seems to be glued on the mesh. Where pairs now the mesh and the netting are loose.

the shape also seem to be off. Height seems so much lower

Real-vs-fake-air-jordan-1-high-hyper-royal-6.jpg

Pretty much every real vs fake video says this is a tell tell sign. All my Jordans I've purchased this year have had this on it.

Well the unauthenticated pair has that.

But I have a bunch of those lying around, god only knows from what shoes and most of them don’t have it.

My entire sneaker world crashing down right before my eyes.

...I no longer know what’s real.

Honestly if they authenticated shoes that were blatantly fake then it would be in their best interest to just refund you than let you ran amok on social media and put them on blast, which is exactly what I would threaten to do.

I’m going to try to get both pairs authenticated on check check.

If they passed on eBay, who’s to say they don’t pass on check check?

Last edited:
Hmm...I don't know man.....Your 2nd pair looks fake to me, but the tag issue on the authenticated pair is concerning. At best you have one real pair, but potentially 2 fakes. If I were you I'd return both unless you get get someone to legit check with certainty.

Hmm...I don't know man.....Your 2nd pair looks fake to me, but the tag issue on the authenticated pair is concerning. At best you have one real pair, but potentially 2 fakes. If I were you I'd return both unless you get get someone to legit check with certainty.

I'm concerned about both being fakes as well.

Everything about the second pair seems shady. But it has fewer physical signs of being a fake, based on my research. The authenticated pair actually looks nicer to my eyes, but the tag seems like a surefire sign of a fake.

If I try to claim fake on both pairs, even with one being authenticated, I feel like it's going to raise some red flags with eBay. Not that I really care anymore.

...I'll never buy another pair of expensive shoes from them again.

Agreed...if it weren't for the tag issue, that first pair looks good to me, and the 2nd in comparison looks obviously fugasi. You'll be good; they know it's not 100% and that tag issue is very obvious and not debatable so you won't get penalized for disputing (in my opinion).

Agreed...if it weren't for the tag issue, that first pair looks good to me, and the 2nd in comparison looks obviously fugasi. You'll be good; they know it's not 100% and that tag issue is very obvious and not debatable so you won't get penalized for disputing (in my opinion).

The question then becomes, if the tag issue is an obvious smoking gun, then how on earth did they pass inspection?

Right now I have no confidence at all in ebay's authenticity guarantee.

That's why #retailorbust life is the best life.

And that's exactly my thoughts! I have seen some fakes that were spot on and no difference between real or fake. We're right back to the "unauthorize" debate from years ago. If I can't get them for retail, I just move right on alone. The only benefit I have is that most fakes don't come in a size 14, but there are some out there in the wild.

And that's exactly my thoughts! I have seen some fakes that were spot on and no difference between real or fake. We're right back to the "unauthorize" debate from years ago. If I can't get them for retail, I just move right on alone. The only benefit I have is that most fakes don't come in a size 14, but there are some out there in the wild.

This may be a controversial statement, but if a UA looks and feels just like the real thing, then I'm fine with it...IF I get them for retail.

Nike is indirectly responsible for creating this ridiculous secondary market explosion, where retros are extremely difficult to get for retail and close to unaffordable on the resell. They could do something about it, but they don't, because the status quo works for their business model. So why should I feel guilty about having a UA pair if it's 95% the same shoe as the real thing?

The problem is when they don't look and feel as good as the real thing and are being passed off as authentic and sold for resell prices.

...that's just my opinion.

It's possible that the tongue tag is just a factory error. I've seen 1s with an upside-down Swoosh before. Errors happen. I got two pairs of this Kybrid 2.0 and one pair came with the back panels flip-flopped. Crazy stuff happens when underpaid workers are speeding their way through assembling these kicks.

PXL_20201108_233744438.jpg

It's possible that the tongue tag is just a factory error. I've seen 1s with an upside-down Swoosh before. Errors happen. I got two pairs of this Kybrid 2.0 and one pair came with the back panels flip-flopped. Crazy stuff happens when underpaid workers are speeding their way through assembling these kicks.

PXL_20201108_233744438.jpg

You might be right.

But once I started looking closer, there did appear to be other signs that called the authenticity into questions.

But who the hell knows anymore.

...I sure don't.

Well the unauthenticated pair has that.

But I have a bunch of those lying around, god only knows from what shoes and most of them don’t have it.

My entire sneaker world crashing down right before my eyes.

...I no longer know what’s real.
FOMO, is a real MOFO at times

Back
Top Bottom