University of Phoenix

These career colleges and for profit degree factories need to be shut down.
I went to a brick & mortar one for a year, safe to say I took my credits transferred out in 9 months. They wanted $1000 just to send my transcript.

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

I would only go to the University of Pheonix if my job was paying for it and was getting a masters. So you are good in my book.

As far as jobs, smaller firms may not be attracted to you. They usually want the best bang for their buck and usually they feel they can get that with graduates of traditional graduates.

Larger firms may already have some Phoenix graduates, so they may be more accepting.
I have a couple friends that got their MBAs from Phoenix paid for by Boeing and Intel. It's accredited so make sure you finish there because you're not transferring. 

i think the school i went to is owned by u of phoenix.

Im in a program that has graduates from all levels or tiers or "name brand schools, and one of the girls got a degree from u of phx

so i would do it op.

lots of false information in here...
a lot of for profit schools have agreements with companies big and small and that is why getting it from a for profit isn't always a bad thing

UPS, Boeing, Merck, Verizon are just a few of the major companies with these types of deals

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
nah man not an accredited University for most work places

I can definitely tell you that for Federal it isn't

Originally Posted by ShoeHead117

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

A degree is a degree. Grab one if you can and anything you can use to come up is good.

I don't know or seen anyone with one of those degrees.

False. ALL degrees are not created equal.

OP, since you are in more of an IT role, then the school where you get your degree from is not that important. For almost every other job, it is.
True.  I just suggest that you go for the certs more so than the degree. You come out cheaper and it holds the same weight as a degree but more. Plus you get paid more.

Originally Posted by Gry60

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

A degree is a degree. Grab one if you can and anything you can use to come up is good.

I don't know or seen anyone with one of those degrees.
Not so sure about that bruh...
I was in my adviser's office (master's EE) when he got a call from someone with an online bachelor's. Dude straight up told him that he had to do 2 more years of undergrad from an accredited school before he could be accepted in a grad program. 

Agreed. I know some people that fell for the trap of going to an unacredited school and came out with an "associates degree." Needless to say when they went to get a bachelors they were told that they were going as a freshman the beginning semester.

Back
Top Bottom