Unpopular Opinion(s) Thread

Sanctioned/zoned off areas for the entertainment experience of drinking and driving should be a thing. Adult amusement park. Make folks sign waivers in case of accident. Keep the driving course as clear as possible obviously, but still sign the waivers. There should still be a BAC limit, I'm assuming, but way beyond the .08.

**** would be a hit. Then you could have a place to put these weird *** axe bars too.

6wZ8.gif

No bull**** this is one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

So it's in the right thread then.

Care to give a reason or that's about as far as you care to take it?

Sanctioned/zoned off areas for the entertainment experience of drinking and driving should be a thing. Adult amusement park. Make folks sign waivers in case of accident. Keep the driving course as clear as possible obviously, but still sign the waivers. There should still be a BAC limit, I'm assuming, but way beyond the .08.

**** would be a hit. Then you could have a place to put these weird *** axe bars too.

Bill Simmons and Kevin Wildes’s latest half-baked idea, “Felonyland,” is a theme park for adults where you get to act out your criminal fantasies. This stems from the fact that every time Bill sees a Brink’s truck he plots how he would rob it.

I use to think like a nuke town setup where they use to drop bombs on. And make it kinda like a bumper cars/demolition derby type joint. Get drunk/high have a helmet & seatbelt and just whip around a small fake city/neighborhood.

I always thought about it, just never said it out loud

Honestly, I think the idea is gold. Folks just have been ingrained to immediately shoot down anything that involves drinking and driving.

Plus I think folks admitting they'd be interested makes them feel like they're admitting to want to drink and drive. Or to like the act of drinking and driving. Or possibly link it to admitting to having actually drank and drove before. And no one wants that stigma.

I would ask why you think anyone has the DESIRE TO drive drunk?

I mean even if there was no such thing as injuries, I am not sure anyone would want to play a "Drunk Driving" game.

Demolition Derby, cool.

Getting dizzy and doing something you typically can do without issues is a game folks have played forever. But you'd just be replacing the rotating around a bat with a handful of shots or beers.

I just continue to point to Axe bars being a successful thing. If you can mix drinking and axe throwing, surely you can mix drinking and driving as an entertainment experience.

I dont think everyone wants to. I think there are some who want to. And I think there are plenty who would try anything once.

And in also believe it is something more folks would admit to enjoying if there was no stigma behind it.

Even having this convo feels dirty as it feels like I'm advocating for irresponsible motor vehicle use but that's not my aim.

Getting dizzy and doing something you typically can do without issues is a game folks have played forever. But you'd just be replacing the rotating around a bat with a handful of shots or beers.
Your explanation makes perfect sense.

No judgement.

Respect.

It isn't a dumb idea at all.

Like you said, people spin around on baseball bats and run around.

I get IT.

So I thought your post originally said everyone and not anyone. And responded to that.

Went back and read it again and it said anyone and it didnt say it was edited, so I went back and edited my answer to not address the everyone portion.

Then I noticed after editing my post, it did not say I edited my either. So maybe yours did say everyone at the beginning.

My boy has always talked about the idea of having a place to go and break stuff. Like old TVs, glass, furniture, etc you go and they give you like a bat or something and you can go to town

So I thought your post originally said everyone and not anyone. And responded to that.

Went back and read it again and it said anyone and it didnt say it was edited, so I went back and edited my answer to not address the everyone portion.

Then I noticed after editing my post, it did not say I edited my either. So maybe yours did say everyone at the beginning.
But you still never explained how you could/would prevent folks from getting HURT. :lol:

Honestly, I think the idea is gold. Folks just have been ingrained to immediately shoot down anything that involves drinking and driving.

Plus I think folks admitting they'd be interested makes them feel like they're admitting to want to drink and drive. Or to like the act of drinking and driving. Or possibly link it to admitting to having actually drank and drove before. And no one wants that stigma.
I almost died drinking and driving hella long time ago.
I’d totally sign up btw

Back
Top Bottom