Unpopular Opinion(s) Thread

The Montreal Screwjob isn’t as big of a deal as it was made into. Yeah it was grimy, but ppl act lives were lost and children were bumped over bridges. It’s not that big of a deal.

Why do we say "no pun intended" like it's a serious enough offense to use a pun we need to apologize for it? Who gives a **** if you use a pun?

Most of the “deep”/“woke” people
On NT think they’re Will Hunting when in reality they’re the blonde haired ponytail guy in the bar..
Howdya like dem apples!?!..

Fireworks should be banned from personal use. They are way too ****ing loud, can trigger ptsd in veterans, wakes up babies, and stresses out pets.

I honestly don't understand the argument that minorities can't be racist, even if we're going by the institutional definition. No race has absolute influence institutionally. It's just like 300 million people influencing **** in little bits. Like yeah they have majority influence over the country right now but I don't see how that makes the argument valid. Every race has power to influence things systematically and individually it's really varied how much influence one person has. I've tried to understand it but I genuinely don't get it.

Last edited:
1. 50 Cent is an Amazing Actor
2. Lou Pearlman's Making the Band >>> Daddys version
3. Mayans M.C. >>> SOA
4. Cersei and Joffery were the real heros on Game of Thrones.
5. Insecure is an Awesome show.
6. Mumble Rap is decent.

I agree.

Find it somewhat sad that certain individuals need both to seem validated....

I agree to agree.

- I feel most are in a hurry to validate the fact of having a marriage &/or kids and then end up putting their childhood dreams on a back burner.
-I never understood why people condone a "non-straight" lifestyle that could possibly lead to extinction.
- Pay for quality. Theres a reason why drinks and 10 piece nuggets are only a dollar now.
- all soda manufacturers can suck a full grown alligators tooth....How much of an actual orange is in orange soda? How many grapes are in grape soda? NONE. All poison and a little water. What is/ how is/ and why is coca cola even made? 😔
- Day to Day racism has been here before us, during us, and it will be here after us. Dont give it attention, get yo bread.

Fireworks should be banned from personal use. They are way too ****ing loud, can trigger ptsd in veterans, wakes up babies, and stresses out pets.

My uncle was was fresh home from Iraq or Afghanistan can't remember what tour it was that he was back from
the night before 4th of July people start popping firecrackers at midnight. When they started going off he hopped up gathered his family saying "come on we gotta go" It took a few minutes to realize he was back at home, all he heard was bombs

Tiger King was more interesting than Last Dance.
Other players on the Bulls made the documentary worth watching.
BMW's are overrated.
EVERY rapper that has came out in the last 5 years has been trash.
Every rapper shoe colab has been trash minus nike yeezy
Soccer is overrated.

I honestly don't understand the argument that minorities can't be racist, even if we're going by the institutional definition. No race has absolute influence institutionally. It's just like 300 million people influencing **** in little bits. Like yeah they have majority influence over the country right now but I don't see how that makes the argument valid. Every race has power to influence things systematically and individually it's really varied how much influence one person has. I've tried to understand it but I genuinely don't get it.

Maybe you should go have a conversation with your Black friends and your friends of color. They can help you understand. If you do that, listen to them. Seriously, actually listen. No interjections, just be quiet and listen. Methodical Management Methodical Management eloquently addressed this thought in the Air Force 1 thread (I know right?). Page 1619, the 10th response in.

Also, there are many books available that can address your thought. I recommend "White Fragility" by Robin DiAngelo. If you're actually looking for an answer, read the book. BTW Ms. DiAngelo is a White woman. I mention that to quell any assumptions that this is an "anti-whitey" book, which may deter you from reading and quenching your concerns.

-USA is da best country in da world.
-Point guard is the only position that matters and doggy
-jordan 2 is a beautiful sneaker

-latinas are overrated
-the NBA didnt start until Jordan arrived
-in n out is overrated
-the Beatles are whatever
-tupac is the goat

-the office sucks ****

You spelled Curry wrong

These over Stan Smiths or even all Black AF1’s.
425FFDDD-1A11-457B-860F-DA2E1776A095.jpeg

Maybe you should go have a conversation with your Black friends and your friends of color. They can help you understand. If you do that, listen to them. Seriously, actually listen. No interjections, just be quiet and listen. Methodical Management Methodical Management eloquently addressed this thought in the Air Force 1 thread (I know right?). Page 1619, the 10th response in.

Also, there are many books available that can address your thought. I recommend "White Fragility" by Robin DiAngelo. If you're actually looking for an answer, read the book. BTW Ms. DiAngelo is a White woman. I mention that to quell any assumptions that this is an "anti-whitey" book, which may deter you from reading and quenching your concerns.
No group is a monolith so maybe he has talked to his “friends of color” and they disagree with you.

No group is a monolith so maybe he has talked to his “friends of color” and they disagree with you.

I doubt he/she has, given that he/she is on Niketalk seeking answers.

Also, putting friends of color in quotation doesn't paint you as someone who's above it. Let me guess, you "don't see color?"

See, everyone wants to talk, but no one wants to learn.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom