Unpopular Opinion(s) Thread

And she was likely advised to apply for all of those schools, especially if she comes from an inner city environment.
It's been a decade since I applied to colleges but am I wildn for thinking if an advisor actually advised her to apply to all those schools that it's not that good advice? A lot of the schools on the list seem to be public state schools which means paying out of state tuition which doesn't seem worth it, even if the school was much higher ranked. Not sure what supplemental essays or required for each school but seems like it would take energy away from focusing on schools you actually plan on attending.

It's been a decade since I applied to colleges but am I wildn for thinking if an advisor actually advised her to apply to all those schools that it's not that good advice? A lot of the schools on the list seem to be public state schools which means paying out of state tuition which doesn't seem worth it, even if the school was much higher ranked. Not sure what supplemental essays or required for each school but seems like it would take energy away from focusing on schools you actually plan on attending.

If an advisor is telling a HS to apply to 50 schools, they didn't be advising anyone and probably shouldn't have that job. Either that or they're getting a kick back from college board for racking up application fees. 🤣

Like you mentioned, even if you're getting free waivers it just seems like a huge waste of time to write 50 essays (and supplemental scholarship essays) for 50 different schools when realistically you know you're only genuinely interested in maybe 10.

I looked it up, I think she ended up attending Florida State (I think she's from that area). Makes it weird that she's applying to Oregon, Iowa, Arizona State, etc.

Edit: I peeped her YouTube channel. It literally seems like she was just trying to rack up as many acceptances as possible. "Road to 50 acceptances". Weird flex but wish her the best.

Last edited:
Re: I can ask around but I don't think people still have to send individual applications to schools they want to apply to. I think there is a network of schools that you are able to apply to at once and your application is sent to them all.

1632519659157.jpeg
20210909_155340.jpg

Croc gang

Re: I can ask around but I don't think people still have to send individual applications to schools they want to apply to. I think there is a network of schools that you are able to apply to at once and your application is sent to them all.

He might be right. I'm in my 30s (graduated high school and started college in 2006) and I remember all the applications being online. The common questions and information like transcripts, test scores, family income, etc were shared among schools but the essays needed to be done individually. All the schools I applied to had different essay questions. It would make sense for schools to standardize them and ask the same questions though.

He might be right. I'm in my 30s (graduated high school and started college in 2006) and I remember all the applications being online. The common questions and information like transcripts, test scores, family income, etc were shared among schools but the essays needed to be done individually. All the schools I applied to had different essay questions. It would make sense for schools to standardize them and ask the same questions though.

Yea but even with the common app a lot of schools have special requirements, essays, etc

But the schools she got into seem like they wouldn't. Just send me the money and app and you in.

I'm was tryna make sense of all I saw :lol:

Vibranium is not the most unrealistic aspect of Black Panther: it's the idea that a nation that finds the holy grail of technology would shut itself off from the world instead of using it to expand its influence and secure the control and development of more conventional forms of power.

I dont wanna hear. I knew a cat from Guam that hooped…..well…in sandals. Dude putting on sneakers was like Piccalo taking off his armor.
Some dudes legit ball better in chancletas. Knew a Filipino cat in HS that would put in work with his toes out (street ball). Baffled me how he never scraped a single toe

Thinking about getting some crocs for the winter to let the dog out and all that kinda stuff

the upcoming salehe crocs are nice. I like the white ones

Back
Top Bottom