Uplifting Advice needed.

I am a 3rd year college student who has a pretty good life,have a loving family,great girl,the best friends i could ever ask for,have my dream car, and my career chosen out.
However,I have not been working for the last 2 months due to a layoff at my job so Ive been just spending a lot of time at home since i decided to take mostly online classes this semester.
With all this extra time at home I have been becoming really lazy and feel bad inside and depressed. I have kind of been feeling like I havent done enough with my life and am not where I had thought I would be at my age.I just need some ideas of what could bring my spirits up right now

I am a 3rd year college student who has a pretty good life,have a loving family,great girl,the best friends i could ever ask for,have my dream car, and my career chosen out.
However,I have not been working for the last 2 months due to a layoff at my job so Ive been just spending a lot of time at home since i decided to take mostly online classes this semester.
With all this extra time at home I have been becoming really lazy and feel bad inside and depressed. I have kind of been feeling like I havent done enough with my life and am not where I had thought I would be at my age.I just need some ideas of what could bring my spirits up right now

I went through the same thing when I was fired. Having all that extra time you start to dwell on things.

Luong1209 wrote:
Stop staying home.

Go out and take a walk while listening to some music.

yeppers

I went through the same thing when I was fired. Having all that extra time you start to dwell on things.

Luong1209 wrote:
Stop staying home.

yeppers

OP - I feel like I am in the same boat, I am a second year college student in Tallahassee, out of high school I signed a baseball scholarship but ended up leaving after my first year(hated the coaches, tore my acl and meniscus). The grades are slacking right now and I feel like I am not where I should be accomplishment wise in my life, from going from a D1 athlete to what now feels like a nothing. Thanks for the post, hopefully some good advice will be told, but from myself I would say just keep on doing what your doing and believe, everything will come all together sooner or later, just keep on with school.

OP - I feel like I am in the same boat, I am a second year college student in Tallahassee, out of high school I signed a baseball scholarship but ended up leaving after my first year(hated the coaches, tore my acl and meniscus). The grades are slacking right now and I feel like I am not where I should be accomplishment wise in my life, from going from a D1 athlete to what now feels like a nothing. Thanks for the post, hopefully some good advice will be told, but from myself I would say just keep on doing what your doing and believe, everything will come all together sooner or later, just keep on with school.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Stop staying home.

This. And keep your head up high, you have a career to worry about. If you really don't wanna stay home, go find a job then. But other than that, you'll be fine!

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Stop staying home.

This. And keep your head up high, you have a career to worry about. If you really don't wanna stay home, go find a job then. But other than that, you'll be fine!

jus keep ur head up n rmembr that u still hav alot to be appreciative for so jus enjoy wut u do hav and try findin anotha job, bcuz from the look of things your job served more to u than jus steady income, it wus more of a way that you made yourself useful to society and sometimes not workin may make you feel uneeded which can sorta depress a person.

jus keep ur head up n rmembr that u still hav alot to be appreciative for so jus enjoy wut u do hav and try findin anotha job, bcuz from the look of things your job served more to u than jus steady income, it wus more of a way that you made yourself useful to society and sometimes not workin may make you feel uneeded which can sorta depress a person.

OP, go out for walks and stay active. I know it sucks not working, but you are still young. The world isn't over, and besides adversity shows your true character. Life wouldn't be life without hardship. We can't get away from it.

OP, go out for walks and stay active. I know it sucks not working, but you are still young. The world isn't over, and besides adversity shows your true character. Life wouldn't be life without hardship. We can't get away from it.

Ive been working out trying to bench press these feelings away. Im thinking of going to volunteer at a few places ,maybe thatll make me feel better.

Ive been working out trying to bench press these feelings away. Im thinking of going to volunteer at a few places ,maybe thatll make me feel better.

Eh, Just a phase man, it'll pass.. but definitely don't stay in, go out.. you're young, make the most of it.

Eh, Just a phase man, it'll pass.. but definitely don't stay in, go out.. you're young, make the most of it.

Originally Posted by hieu23
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom