Uplifting Advice needed.

I'm kind of in the same boat, except I've got a degree already. I had a decent job, but I joined the air force and when I came back to get my job, the put me in a different department
indifferent.gif
I feel like I have lost ALL motivation in life. Right now I'm living off of money that I saved this summer from the air force, but its running out quickly :/ I'm lightweight ashamed of my productivity (or lackthereof) during the last 2 1/2 months. I've gotten very little accomplished. I'm not proud of myself at all. I've been applying for jobs, but no one is calling back, such a bummer. I've been staying up all nite with tons of stuff on my mind (like now) and sleeping all day
30t6p3b.gif
that's why it feels like these last few months have Floooown by. Hopefully I'll get back on track and get some motivation to get some things accomplished.

I'm kind of in the same boat, except I've got a degree already. I had a decent job, but I joined the air force and when I came back to get my job, the put me in a different department
indifferent.gif
I feel like I have lost ALL motivation in life. Right now I'm living off of money that I saved this summer from the air force, but its running out quickly :/ I'm lightweight ashamed of my productivity (or lackthereof) during the last 2 1/2 months. I've gotten very little accomplished. I'm not proud of myself at all. I've been applying for jobs, but no one is calling back, such a bummer. I've been staying up all nite with tons of stuff on my mind (like now) and sleeping all day
30t6p3b.gif
that's why it feels like these last few months have Floooown by. Hopefully I'll get back on track and get some motivation to get some things accomplished.

So, I woke up early today to go for a run then i played a little basketball,afterwards I went to go workout at my gym.
Then i come home feeling all good and i get a text from my girl saying " I am so sorry,I really didnt want to hurt you but I realized Im not going to be able to love you like i thought i was.If you dont want to talk to me anymore I understand."
Lol,I was like really?, anyways im indifferent to what happened and just have been eating and watching some tv. Going to drink with a few friends since they invited and maybe go to the movies too.
Now I am going to just chill and focus on school,dont think I want to be in another relationship for a while,shes like #3 in the past 6 months.

So, I woke up early today to go for a run then i played a little basketball,afterwards I went to go workout at my gym.
Then i come home feeling all good and i get a text from my girl saying " I am so sorry,I really didnt want to hurt you but I realized Im not going to be able to love you like i thought i was.If you dont want to talk to me anymore I understand."
Lol,I was like really?, anyways im indifferent to what happened and just have been eating and watching some tv. Going to drink with a few friends since they invited and maybe go to the movies too.
Now I am going to just chill and focus on school,dont think I want to be in another relationship for a while,shes like #3 in the past 6 months.

This morning my nephews friend died from cancer,I would always pick them both up from school all the time and this hurts even more just because i see all the pain my nephew is in.
Life is really unfair, like why is it that an 18 year old boy who is good can have his life taken by cancer and all these drug addicts and people who live a life of crime stay living for a long time. Its all BS. Makes me appreciate everything I have even more,im not even thinking about the girl breaking up from me anymore,I think I want to become a Doctor.
Maybe this was the thing that pushes me to pursue that career.

This morning my nephews friend died from cancer,I would always pick them both up from school all the time and this hurts even more just because i see all the pain my nephew is in.
Life is really unfair, like why is it that an 18 year old boy who is good can have his life taken by cancer and all these drug addicts and people who live a life of crime stay living for a long time. Its all BS. Makes me appreciate everything I have even more,im not even thinking about the girl breaking up from me anymore,I think I want to become a Doctor.
Maybe this was the thing that pushes me to pursue that career.

Originally Posted by frankthekingdtx

I am a 3rd year college student who has a pretty good life,have a loving family,great girl,the best friends i could ever ask for,have my dream car, and my career chosen out.
However,I have not been working for the last 2 months due to a layoff at my job so Ive been just spending a lot of time at home since i decided to take mostly online classes this semester.
With all this extra time at home I have been becoming really lazy and feel bad inside and depressed. I have kind of been feeling like I havent done enough with my life and am not where I had thought I would be at my age.I just need some ideas of what could bring my spirits up right now
You really don't have anything to complain about OP, no offense.

In your shoes, I would go workout, buy a bottle of scotch and down a couple of glasses, play my video game console of choice, eat my choice of food, smash the hell out of my girlfriend and call it a better day. If all that doesn't lift up your spirits, than you're softer than Drake right now.  

Originally Posted by frankthekingdtx

I am a 3rd year college student who has a pretty good life,have a loving family,great girl,the best friends i could ever ask for,have my dream car, and my career chosen out.
However,I have not been working for the last 2 months due to a layoff at my job so Ive been just spending a lot of time at home since i decided to take mostly online classes this semester.
With all this extra time at home I have been becoming really lazy and feel bad inside and depressed. I have kind of been feeling like I havent done enough with my life and am not where I had thought I would be at my age.I just need some ideas of what could bring my spirits up right now
You really don't have anything to complain about OP, no offense.

In your shoes, I would go workout, buy a bottle of scotch and down a couple of glasses, play my video game console of choice, eat my choice of food, smash the hell out of my girlfriend and call it a better day. If all that doesn't lift up your spirits, than you're softer than Drake right now.  

Back
Top Bottom