Uplifting Advice needed.

Originally Posted by hieu23
laugh.gif
frown.gif

I dont really know if me not having a job is what is putting me down right now. I have these feelings inside me always saying i should be doing extraordinary things and I never act on them. It feels like im wasting my life or something.

I dont really know if me not having a job is what is putting me down right now. I have these feelings inside me always saying i should be doing extraordinary things and I never act on them. It feels like im wasting my life or something.

Originally Posted by frankthekingdtx

Shouldn't base your happiness on your job.

Charles Barkley said something along the lines of

"The only real jobs out there are firefighters, police officers, EMT, doctors, and teachers. Anything else shouldn't be taken so seriously."

Originally Posted by frankthekingdtx

Shouldn't base your happiness on your job.

Charles Barkley said something along the lines of

"The only real jobs out there are firefighters, police officers, EMT, doctors, and teachers. Anything else shouldn't be taken so seriously."

OP I'm in a similar position to you. Just finished high school, part time job, and have no idea what career I want to pursue. Most of the time I'm just at my house and I feel like I should be doing something.. living life, but it could just be emotions.

OP I'm in a similar position to you. Just finished high school, part time job, and have no idea what career I want to pursue. Most of the time I'm just at my house and I feel like I should be doing something.. living life, but it could just be emotions.

...remember it can always be worse...count ur blessings...volunteer at ur local salvation army...u can be a bell ringer & they even pay u...stay up mang...

...remember it can always be worse...count ur blessings...volunteer at ur local salvation army...u can be a bell ringer & they even pay u...stay up mang...

I lived in the projects before so i know how that is. I know im in a whole lot of a better position than others,just a phase like hymenman said.

I lived in the projects before so i know how that is. I know im in a whole lot of a better position than others,just a phase like hymenman said.

Pick up a hobby! Take a class or something...kick boxing maybe or something sportsy? What are you interested in?

Pick up a hobby! Take a class or something...kick boxing maybe or something sportsy? What are you interested in?

i know how you feel, i went through it earlier this semester and i actually decided to withdraw. you just feel paralyzed by stress and you know you should be doing things but you can't get yourself to do them, music doesn't sound the same, etc...i know. trust me it will pass, even though it probably seems like this feeling will last forever right now. it's just up to you to get up and do something about it. use your resources.

i know how you feel, i went through it earlier this semester and i actually decided to withdraw. you just feel paralyzed by stress and you know you should be doing things but you can't get yourself to do them, music doesn't sound the same, etc...i know. trust me it will pass, even though it probably seems like this feeling will last forever right now. it's just up to you to get up and do something about it. use your resources.

Going to be very active tomorrow,going to run,play basketball,see if someone will spar with me at my old karate gym,go see where i can volunteer, wash the car,get a haircut, and maybe go watch a movie or something with a friend since the girl lives about 45min away from me.
Tomorrow will be a great day.

Going to be very active tomorrow,going to run,play basketball,see if someone will spar with me at my old karate gym,go see where i can volunteer, wash the car,get a haircut, and maybe go watch a movie or something with a friend since the girl lives about 45min away from me.
Tomorrow will be a great day.

Back
Top Bottom