US Government Headed to Shutdown

What you said above is spot on, these dudes make like 15 an hour. They didn’t give af before and they damn sure don’t now. It’s all about giving up freedom for security.
now im going by when i was working
i worked for tsa at sfo which is contracted by another company
and i was a federal employee when i worked for tsa at sfo
this was like 07/08
at sfo i was making like 19/hr
and at oak i made 16 and some change/hr
they more than likely making MORE than that now

TSA only looking for weapons/ bombs ...they not stopping any real threats cuz the ppl that really wanna do something already know u not gon do much damage just sliding thru the security line :lol:

Sorry if this has been answered. Are these essential employees receiving backpay after the fact?

If the government eventually pays these people for work done, why is it not paid now?

The shutdown doesn't make sense to me

Half these parks and monuments make the government money but are shut down?

Are the law makers making money ? Maybe I'd they were furloughed, it would truly affect getting all this solved.

Sorry if this has been answered. Are these essential employees receiving backpay after the fact?

If the government eventually pays these people for work done, why is it not paid now?

Are the law makers making money ? Maybe I'd they were furloughed, it would truly affect getting all this solved.
Most will not receive back pay.
You’re right, it makes no sense. Shutting down the government to set up a wall is like burning down your house to make a car payment. The guys up top are already loaded. This will cost them their 4th vacation

now im going by when i was working
i worked for tsa at sfo which is contracted by another company
and i was a federal employee when i worked for tsa at sfo
this was like 07/08
at sfo i was making like 19/hr
and at oak i made 16 and some change/hr
they more than likely making MORE than that now

Yeah they gotta be paying more now, I remember my mom telling me to check out tsa back then. I wanna say they paid less here.

House and Senate has passed legislation to backpay all employees.

The agencies affected by the shutdown essentially have no money because they have not been appropriated any by Congress. Government agencies run paycheck to paycheck.

The chump change that park receive is it enough to keep them open. In DC, all the monuments and smithsonian museums are free.

This shutdown is the only evidence I needed to understand that working for the government is an L

Im private for life b, if I was a government worker not being paid during this shutdown I would've quit when the writing was on the wall that this wouldn't be quickly resolved. I definitely wouldve called in sick day 1 too, I will never work for free.

I feel bad for all of the workers affected by the shutdown and the uncertainty of when their next check is coming in tho.

This shutdown is the only evidence I needed to understand that working for the government is an L

Im private for life b, if I was a government worker not being paid during this shutdown I would've quit when the writing was on the wall that this wouldn't be quickly resolved. I definitely wouldve called in sick day 1 too, I will never work for free.

I feel bad for all of the workers affected by the shutdown and the uncertainty of when their next check is coming in tho.

Enh, in all fairness, shutdowns usually don't last this long. Just so happens we have a buffoon occupying the White House right now.

There are TONS of perks working for the government. Tons. The pros definitely outweigh the cons, IMO. Far from an "L".

I wouldn’t work for them either.

My mom does though, she tolerates it I guess. All the bs they gotta do is insane, no thanks. She’s getting paid still.

She gets paid well and has good benefits, she’s stuck there though, counting the days till retirement.

She didn’t get paid last shut down though when she was a contractor.

Enh, in all fairness, shutdowns usually don't last this long. Just so happens we have a buffoon occupying the White House right now.

There are TONS of perks working for the government. Tons. The pros definitely outweigh the cons, IMO. Far from an "L".
One con is that now your house is foreclosed :/

If anything, the last few years have shown what can happen when you put too much trust into people's ability to act in good faith.

A lot of federal laws and customs were built on the assumption that good faith would always prevail, that elected officials would always act with the interest of the public in mind. They gave too little credit to ones ability to **** **** up because of ego, selfishness, and/or greed.

Whenever a budget cannot be agreed on, other countries either kick out the current legislative branch and conduct new elections, or they keep working with last year's budget. Maybe we should do that here or stop writing checks (best nation in the world) that our collective mouth can't cash.

One con is that now your house is foreclosed :/

This could also happen in the private sector. In fact, you have way less job protections in the private sector. Just sayin’.

And the only reason we’re in a historically long shutdown is because we have a historically traitorous president. This isn’t the norm.

I wonder what would happen if all the employees quit or went on strike. They aren't getting paid anyway.

3B9F9154-8C20-436A-B27C-28AB045A413C.png

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...kers-back-pay-in-shutdown-heads-to-trump.html

I was worried until this came out last week that we will receive back pay for this and future shutdowns

Everyone is saying Trump will sign but you never know with him

Anyone know a timeline of when he should sign?

He’s not signing that. He said himself he thinks the only ones really hurt are dems multiple times. He’s that dumb

I hope in 2020 this current government shutdown will have people “wake up” and not him have re-elected.

We don’t need a wall when them dudes are gonna dig tunnels underneath it.

My friends in Indonesia, a country full of government corruption, are amazed at how this is happening. They're talking about how despite the corruption, there would be mass riots and deaths on the street if people were not getting their paychecks for time worked. "Greatest country on Earth"'s functions worse than the developing countries Americans feel so superior to :lol:

My friends in Indonesia, a country full of government corruption, are amazed at how this is happening. They're talking about how despite the corruption, there would be mass riots and deaths on the street if people were not getting their paychecks for time worked. "Greatest country on Earth"'s functions worse than the developing countries Americans feel so superior to :lol:
The problem is that people working without pay are working a slot classified as “essential” and they are labeled as essential on the job announcements on usajob.gov. So they know before they even before they apply for the job that they will be required to work even without pay. Within your first week on a government job all government employees should receive their PD Description, a description of duties and if your essential it should say that your essential. You are bound Bound by the duties in your PD. What most people don’t know is that you can negotiate the essential and not have it. Anyone working and not getting paid right now knew they would have to before their first day.

Back
Top Bottom