US Government Headed to Shutdown

I was a TSO for many years and also management. They sign a piece of paper basically saying they cannot strike (walk out of their job) and they will show up even during furlough, or even during emergencies like earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, etc. (Federal Emergency Response Officials) little red line on the bottom of their badge. They sign this paperwork just about every single year.

So in a nutshell, if they decided to walk out that would be the end of their government career.

I see...this has to be highly illegal man, like these people have families to feed, bills to pay, the government is pretty much holding them hostage and they can’t even go out find other source of income because they are forced to come work for free?....this is really how this country repays their tax paying hard working people!?

• GS-12
Step 1
$63,600.00

Step 2
$65,720.00
Step 3
$67,840.00
Step 4
$69,960.00
Step 5
$72,080.00
Step 6
$74,200.00
Step 7
$76,320.00
Step 8
$78,440.00
Step 9
$80,560.00
Step 10
$82,680.00

so where u fall????
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

I see...this has to be highly illegal man, like these people have families to feed, bills to pay, the government is pretty much holding them hostage and they can’t even go out find other source of income because they are forced to come work for free?....this is really how this country repays their tax paying hard working people!?

I know, I feel for them, Coast Guard, and any other Federal employee struggling right now.

I'm at work right now not getting paid.

• GS-12
Step 1
$63,600.00

Step 2
$65,720.00
Step 3
$67,840.00
Step 4
$69,960.00
Step 5
$72,080.00
Step 6
$74,200.00
Step 7
$76,320.00
Step 8
$78,440.00
Step 9
$80,560.00
Step 10
$82,680.00

so where u fall????
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

LOL Bruh, I'm not telling you my salary.

Right now, my salary is at 0.00 an hour.

Anyone want to send me a pizza or a sandwich?

nah
no fed employee
i was back in like 07/08 when i worked for tsa
Asking all these questions you must undercover then....

82EABE2F-4A53-4A5D-9518-07BA99F166F0.jpeg

Man there's never any reason for govt contractors to not get paid considering they're not typically month to month contracts and a lot of times the money is upfront.
I’m a fed that writes contracts for a DHS agency. Some contractors will get paid, it just depends on how their contract was written. Due to the nature of the work my agency does, they don’t allow contractors to work off site, they must come into the building. If we are furloughed, no one is there to open the office so they can work. Legally, we can’t pay you for services/products not rendered, that takes an act of Congress unless your contract is firm fixed price and your contract allows you to off site and you don’t need access to the government system (think IT). If your contract is firm fixed price no matter what the contractor performs they get paid a set price. If the contract allows them to bill monthly, they bill for the month. Lets say the govt opens back up jan31, the contractor can bill for the whole month of Jan. But if it feb1, the contractor just lost Jan. Contractor pay really depends on how the contract is written.

I’m a fed that writes contracts for a DHS agency. Some contractors will get paid, it just depends on how their contract was written. Due to the nature of the work my agency does, they don’t allow contractors to work off site, they must come into the building. If we are furloughed, no one is there to open the office so they can work. Legally, we can’t pay you for services/products not rendered, that takes an act of Congress unless your contract is firm fixed price and your contract allows you to off site and you don’t need access to the government system (think IT). If your contract is firm fixed price no matter what the contractor performs they get paid a set price. If the contract allows them to bill monthly, they bill for the month. Lets say the govt opens back up jan31, the contractor can bill for the whole month of Jan. But if it feb1, the contractor just lost Jan. Contractor pay really depends on how the contract is written.

True.

I work for the government as a contractor and im unaffected by the shutdown. The mission essential government guys still show up to work tho. But all the others are out of office.

This cat trump legit has no heart man....dudes stubbornness and childishness is legit gonna starve millions of Americans out for a damn wall that’s gonna be completely useless....just so he can fill his ridicculous campaign promise, dude hurting Americans with the idea that he’s doing it to protect Americans? Can this dudes just drop from a damn Heart Attack already???

This cat trump legit has no heart man....dudes stubbornness and childishness is legit gonna starve millions of Americans out for a damn wall that’s gonna be completely useless....just so he can fill his ridicculous campaign promise, dude hurting Americans with the idea that he’s doing it to protect Americans? Can this dudes just drop from a damn Heart Attack already???
It's not about a campaign promise, it's about money. He doesn't care about the people who voted for him that much. He (or his org) is gonna find a way to make money off the "wall," even though any professional engineer (and serious policymakers) will tell you that it is the least economic way of controlling who comes in the country.

****, he only stuck to the "build the wall" slogan because it got a reaction from the crowds at his rallies. Same with the "lock her up" chant.

Dude is a crook, and America got finessed.

Like the longer this shutdown continues the more the effects will be felt nationwide, once food stamps get cut, the cost of foods is bound to increase for those of us that pay with our money, what are they gonna do when families start facing eviction notices from Section 8 not being able to pay up? Mans really about to throw us into a financial depression....

I’m sorry but I would NEVER work for free, the government can go play with their own money and time....not mines.

My question is, if for example all TSA staff walk out of their job, what will airports do?...what’s the plan?
That’s when they’ll take this all seriously. When teachers walked out for 2 weeks in Oklahoma and parents realized they’re about to have to quit their jobs things started to “become clear” that a change needed to happen. Just an example

The reality all summed up.

If trump is re-elected for another 4 years it will be naive to think he wouldn’t use his power for more future government shutdowns. Hopefully people don’t forget this moment in time and actually vote him off the ballot come 2020.

Last edited:

I’m DOJ and i fall into that last category.

They goin furlough our whole division come the 31st if this **** is still going on. I have savings but not the type that can afford to miss 2-3 checks.

I know tsa employees signed those contracts stating they wouldn’t walk off the job in situations like this. But people break contracts and don’t honor deals all the time. If just a few do it, they’ll can them and make an example of them.

But if they did it in huge numbers where it made some type of impact on business for the airlines and shut things down, something would happen. If thousands of them walked off the job they’re not going to fire all of them.

I’ll say this though. If tax returns get delayed, hopefully that’s the straw that breaks the camels back that brings out the inner Lee Harvey Oswald or John Wilkes Booth in some people and they act on it.

Back
Top Bottom