US Government Headed to Shutdown

I'm curious to know how long this will go on and what effects it will have on the country and trumps chances of reelection. This is pure tyrannical behavior.

Just gotta put things into perspective. Trump is doing this out of his own freewill disguised as a need for a wall that will never go up. That will not end. He will not back down. Thing is what he wants isn’t even something that’s remotely to be taken seriously.

If this is what you’re waiting for to change it’s time to look elsewhere for work
exactly
politicians are suppose to do good based on the people
not based on their ego

Def getting played. If I don’t work I still get paid, I haven’t worked in two months but still getting paid... you know why? Becasue we got a back bone, not my problem it got cold and we can’t work. If you want any employees in the spring you gotta pay us in the winter or we’re all out.

Fed employees got it all wrong.
:pimp:

I just applied to Google and Apple, shoot my shot 2019.

giphy.gif

Apple reportedly plans to slow down hiring after weak iPhone sales
CEO Tim Cook made the announcement after adjusting Apple’s earnings guidance for next quarter
By Shannon Liao@Shannon_Liao Jan 16, 2019, 5:15pm ESTSHARE
B2E53F34_14F4_4895_AECA_E72D86070E7C.0.jpeg
Dieter Bohn / The Verge
Apple will slow down its hiring in some divisions after holiday iPhone sales came in lower than expected, according to a report from Bloomberg. That’s not quite as severe as a full-blown hiring freeze and far from layoffs. But it does indicate the company that was, just six months ago, valued at over a trillion dollars is entering a period of financial uncertainty, as the success of the iPhone has begun to visibly falter.

Apple CEO Tim Cook disclosed the hiring slowdown to employees in a meeting earlier this month, Bloomberg reports. Cook reportedly elaborated that he had not decided which divisions would hire less employees, but did say that Apple’s artificial intelligence team would continue to aggressively expand its headcount. While Cook didn’t specifically call out the marketing team, Bloomberg reported in December that Apple had shifted some of its marketing team’s focus onto the iPhone and away from other projects.

warned investors in a letter that Apple’s first-quarter earnings were likely to be weaker than expected, as fewer consumers bought Apple’s new, pricier iPhones. Following a discounted battery upgrade program launched in December 2017 as a result of the throttling debacle, many customers opted to replace their batteries instead of buying new phones, a factor Cook cited as contributing to weak iPhone sales. Earlier this week, we learned that the number of battery replacements might have been as high as 11 million. We’ve reached out to Apple for comment

exactly
politicians are suppose to do good based on the people
not based on their ego
His voters voted him in becuase of this though. That’s the crazy thing. If you’re old rich and white it makes perfect sense to back him. Everyone else has no excuse

giphy.gif

Apple reportedly plans to slow down hiring after weak iPhone sales
CEO Tim Cook made the announcement after adjusting Apple’s earnings guidance for next quarter
By Shannon Liao@Shannon_Liao Jan 16, 2019, 5:15pm ESTSHARE
B2E53F34_14F4_4895_AECA_E72D86070E7C.0.jpeg
Dieter Bohn / The Verge
Apple will slow down its hiring in some divisions after holiday iPhone sales came in lower than expected, according to a report from Bloomberg. That’s not quite as severe as a full-blown hiring freeze and far from layoffs. But it does indicate the company that was, just six months ago, valued at over a trillion dollars is entering a period of financial uncertainty, as the success of the iPhone has begun to visibly falter.

Apple CEO Tim Cook disclosed the hiring slowdown to employees in a meeting earlier this month, Bloomberg reports. Cook reportedly elaborated that he had not decided which divisions would hire less employees, but did say that Apple’s artificial intelligence team would continue to aggressively expand its headcount. While Cook didn’t specifically call out the marketing team, Bloomberg reported in December that Apple had shifted some of its marketing team’s focus onto the iPhone and away from other projects.

warned investors in a letter that Apple’s first-quarter earnings were likely to be weaker than expected, as fewer consumers bought Apple’s new, pricier iPhones. Following a discounted battery upgrade program launched in December 2017 as a result of the throttling debacle, many customers opted to replace their batteries instead of buying new phones, a factor Cook cited as contributing to weak iPhone sales. Earlier this week, we learned that the number of battery replacements might have been as high as 11 million. We’ve reached out to Apple for comment

Still shooting my shot, hopefully I'm one of the rare hires because this not getting paid thing sucks.

I don't think I qualify for anything at Kaiser.
why not
u can be a clerk
dealing with medical records
or working with patient transport
can do housekeeping
or hell even the folks who give patients food start off at like 25 or 26/hr
free med and dental
dont sell urself short

I’m sorry but I would NEVER work for free, the government can go play with their own money and time....not mines.

My question is, if for example all TSA staff walk out of their job, what will airports do?...what’s the plan?

why not
u can be a clerk
dealing with medical records
or working with patient transport
can do housekeeping
or hell even the folks who give patients food start off at like 25 or 26/hr
free med and dental
dont sell urself short

I couldn't survive on that salary in the bay area (not like I'm getting paid now).

This is already ridiculous and too hard on alll those currently furloughed :smh:. The longer this **** goes on the harder it’s gonna be to fly seasonal jobs on time and get all those filled on time once that work rolls around.

This petulant little asshat:smh:

I’m sorry but I would NEVER work for free, the government can go play with their own money and time....not mines.

My question is, if for example all TSA staff walk out of their job, what will airports do?...what’s the plan?

I was a TSO for many years and also management. They sign a piece of paper basically saying they cannot strike (walk out of their job) and they will show up even during furlough, or even during emergencies like earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, etc. (Federal Emergency Response Officials) little red line on the bottom of their badge. They sign this paperwork just about every single year.

So in a nutshell, if they decided to walk out that would be the end of their government career.

Back
Top Bottom