USAJOBS question

they get tons of responses. all i ever got was a rejection mail sent to my home

Last edited:
Applied to a ton of jobs on there, never got one response back. 
indifferent.gif

I had applied for a couple of positions off here in 2010. Had that been the only resource I used to attempt to find a job/career, I'd be looking like Eddie Murphy at the beginning of Trading Places right now.

it's extremely hard to make a cert if you're not a vet or currently a fed. my best advice is to keep applying and embellish a little when you take the questionnaire. you wanna score as close to 100 as possible.

also, apply to Agencies that don't advertise on .gov (Intelligence Community)

just keep applying and eventually a door will open. i was told i beat out 14,000 applicants and my credentials aren't special at all so sometimes, it comes down to God.

hope this helps.

it's extremely hard to make a cert if you're not a vet or currently a fed. my best advice is to keep applying and embellish a little when you take the questionnaire. you wanna score as close to 100 as possible.

also, apply to Agencies that don't advertise on .gov (Intelligence Community)

just keep applying and eventually a door will open. i was told i beat out 14,000 applicants and my credentials aren't special at all so sometimes, it comes down to God.

hope this helps.

If you cant land a job on USAJOBS i doubt you can land one in the intelligence community. They are looking for much higher talent. Hell not sure if I will ever land one within intel.

that's not true at all :wink:

:lol: sure , you are one of the lucky few congrats :nthat: . Im sure you know the stats. Had to edit
im pretty bitter when it comes to this.The struggle of landing a job TS w/ poly has been real, sooo close
just waiting to hear back.

Last edited:
:lol: sure , you are one of the lucky few congrats :nthat: . Im sure you know the stats. Had to edit
im pretty bitter when it comes to this.The struggle of landing a job TS w/ poly has been real, sooo close
just waiting to hear back.

Thanks, bro. I hope you hear some good news soon :smokin

If you cant land a job on USAJOBS i doubt you can land one in the intelligence community. They are looking for much higher talent. Hell not sure if I will ever land one within intel.
You'd be surprised. Due to sheer number of applicants alone, its easy to be overlooked. Even if you have qualifications, chances are at least 50 other people from the 1500 that applied do. And thanks to the algorithms at work, your resume might not even make it past round 1 because of keywords.

Intel? Tougher job pool, but fewer fishes swimming. Wayyy fewer. But for some, Intel simply is not an option (dual citizens, people with records, etc)

the upsetting part is it really IS that HR persons job to have all of your appointments and paperwork lined up

they are ASSIGNED your profile and it is literally their job to move you through the process once you get that hire email

to put it all in perspective,
you have to get a physical before you start right?

i call my HR person a week before my start date (mind you, its been close to 30 days since i got my letter), suddenly she *gasps* because she forgot to set up my physical

she puts me on 3way and calls to make my appointment

how about when they picked up the phone they told her it was at least a 45 day wait on physicals

not only that but they pretty much told her that the 45 day wait wasnt new at all and that she knew better than to wait so late in the game

they had to push my start date back another 30 days because of this chick

i ended up offering and paying for the physical myself instead of waiting

To be fair, while it is their job, its not their only responsibility. Depending on the agency, those same HR people might have to process work for all temporary employees as well. Temp employees in govt come and go daily.

But in all likelihood the person assigned to you was just some old lady who forgot. HR and Finance are the oldest (avg. age) departments at my agency, and the stuff they forget to do is RIDICULOUS...at least from an IT standard.

It really should be easier to fire union employees. :rofl:

Last edited:
If I'm not qualified for a position, they close it and notify me. When I'm referred, I never hear from the agency, they never update the site and the job stays open.

To be fair....

But in all likelihood the person assigned to you was just some old lady who forgot. HR and Finance are the oldest (avg. age) departments at my agency, and the stuff they forget to do is RIDICULOUS...at least from an IT standard.

It really should be easier to fire union employees. :rofl:

nah,
i actually met this chick.

younger....maybe late 20's.
more concerned about her lace front and fake nails than her job

swear to god the first day we communicated through email
started sometime around lunch
send (questions)
reply (answers)
send (documents)
reply (documents)
send (questions)
reply (answers)
send (questions)
..........no reply

*confused*
send (questions) again
.....no reply

this was around 2:00 on a Thursday

i finally get someone Friday morning that tells me she left early the day before and Friday is her day off

:stoneface:

bruh, ive been federal since 1998. ive seen more than my fair share of people like her just skating by because it takes too much paperwork to get rid of her.

its funny though. FEMA was by far the laziest most spoiled Federal organization i worked for, but their HR department was on top of things.

the military?
hardest workers but the most incompetent HR departments

what messed up the civilian hiring process for the military was that they split up the duties between a base in Texas, DC, and whatever base you were hired for....and they dont communicate with each other as they should.

you actually receive an email telling you that you have been ASSIGNED to a certain person
there are loads of documents and forms that you have no idea about until they tell you
there are appointments that you cant make on your own without their input

when my HR person dropped the ball and i couldnt get in contact with her,
i was experienced enough to know to look at who she courtesy copied on all our emails and start calling numbers until i got somewhere

got in contact with one of the people in Texas
we went back and forth for a few days sending documents and whatnot
one time i called.....she didnt answer
i called her boss which sits in the same office as her
shes like "im looking right at her, she here, call her back"

i call again, no answer

when i finally got a reliable person on the phone i BEGGED them to take over my profile and make sure i have everything
and she did

swear to god when i finally got in she told me how there were 2 other people supposed to start with me but the HR people messed their profiles up and they couldnt start on time so they had to re-announce their jobs

Applied for student work program at FDIC in 2009, said my app was good and was passed up to the next level, called...called, and called some more, nothing. Finally Spring of 2012 they call me back saying to come in for a interview..but WAIT, "are you enrolled in school next semester?", "No, i'm graduating"...her: "Oh well, there's nothing I can do for you, bye".

I'm convinced these gov't agencies literally search through garden apts in Southest and Suitland to find these lacefrontin ratchets. I say that to say, if your application does get passed up to the next level, or whatever they call it these days, it doesn't mean you're good. You have to harass these HR ppl like you're their bill collector. I've heard this from numerous ppl who've applied to or work in different agencies.

Got called for a job I applied for.. took the test and passed.. had an appointment for the medical... get an e-mail saying that they were scrapping my test due to budget cuts (this is like 08/09)

It is possible. Just be patient and make sure your resume is on point

I'm convinced these gov't agencies literally search through garden apts in Southest and Suitland to find these lacefrontin ratchets. I say that to say, if your application does get passed up to the next level, or whatever they call it these days, it doesn't mean you're good. You have to harass these HR ppl like you're their bill collector. I've heard this from numerous ppl who've applied to or work in different agencies.
Its not that serious. Its just that knowing someone helps tremendously, just like getting any other job. Call them what you want, but lacefronting ratchets put each other on :lol:

Having someone that cares enough to make sure your paperwork is being pushed through is really all it takes once you reach that step. Unfortunately, some chick named Loretta doesn't care about you as much as she cares about her home girl.

I apply to jobs everyday still no avail. Losing hope for USAJOBS
Are you tailoring your resume to each application? A lot of people try to use the same resume over and over, but that's the absolute worst thing to do on a site like USAJOBS because it works on keyword analysis. If you use a one size fits all resume, chances are you're using vague language.

Postings will tell you exactly what they're looking for. Try adding important keywords that the posting contains to your resume whenever you can. It'll help.

Keep your head up, man.

Last edited:
How long after you get the e-mail saying they've reviewed your resume and you qualify til' you get the next email ....

How long after you get the e-mail saying they've reviewed your resume and you qualify til' you get the next email ....

you never know

could be fast
could be a while

it all depends on how proficient the HR people are and how bad they need to fill the slot

Cool.

Hopefully they don't "need" me til summer after I separate from the AF

Working for the CDC in Atlanta, so hopefully I land it :D

2 apps went to "Referred" status :smokin
Good for you bro. Glad to see someone made it. I got the not referred email. But I'm going a different route and going through a government contractor. Once I get the clearance I will be back on usajobs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom