\V/ | The Official N*E*R*D 'Nothing' Album Thread 11-02-10 (EDIT: DOUBLE DISC! :EEK) | \V/

This is a GREAT album
pimp.gif

aight...i wouldn't let myself be disappointed, so i listened to this album about 15 times thus far, and i was buggin, this album is pretty amazing...i can't rank it (only thing that will ever be solidified for me is that Fly or Die is there best album) but it's definitely a dope album...there's still about 2 skippable tracks on here, i've never skipped a track on any of there other cds...top 5 of the year for sure

aight...i wouldn't let myself be disappointed, so i listened to this album about 15 times thus far, and i was buggin, this album is pretty amazing...i can't rank it (only thing that will ever be solidified for me is that Fly or Die is there best album) but it's definitely a dope album...there's still about 2 skippable tracks on here, i've never skipped a track on any of there other cds...top 5 of the year for sure

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Finally, another good opinion.

Listen to it a few times, you MIGHT like it more.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Finally, another good opinion.

Listen to it a few times, you MIGHT like it more.

This is the only album I have been listening to the last 3 days and I can't get enough of it.

As far as the ranking and comparisons convo, here is my two cents. Music is very subjective and sometimes a person attaches themselves to an album because at that particular stage in their life. You attach songs with memories and that's why the older albums mean so much more to you guys. All I'm saying is let memories and events happen and this album might mean a lot more to you later.

Probably said a whole bunch of nothing, I'm a bit blazed. Pardon me.

For me, for some reason this album strikes a chord and I love it. Especially "I seen the light"
pimp.gif

This is the only album I have been listening to the last 3 days and I can't get enough of it.

As far as the ranking and comparisons convo, here is my two cents. Music is very subjective and sometimes a person attaches themselves to an album because at that particular stage in their life. You attach songs with memories and that's why the older albums mean so much more to you guys. All I'm saying is let memories and events happen and this album might mean a lot more to you later.

For me, for some reason this album strikes a chord and I love it. Especially "I seen the light"
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

pimp.gif
Truth. Music doesn't change, people do. People's experiences, preferences, and outlooks all change. That's why you can go back to something you passed off a few months ago and suddenly, you'll be feeling it. Or you can listen to something you used to love back in the day, it was your life theme music, but today, you respect the craft of it, but it doesn't hit home like it used to.

And all rankings are all subjective to the individual and what that music means to them as well. I always bug off people that argue over rankings or try to determine a conclusive list, its impossible. I personally dislike lists because it eliminates the duty to listen when assessing music or an artist. Say a casual fan comes across NERD, and sees In Search Of... is the agreed upon #1 album. They ain't even going to check Seeing Sounds, unless In Search Of... is their cup of tea. Which is a shame, because they are missing out on a completely different side of NERD w/ Seeing Sounds, a side that could appeal to that listener, and also a side that shows NERD brilliance and diversity.

As far as the album, right now, I'm definitely feeling songs, but I'm still trying to get an overall opinion of the album. Some songs are so epic in themselves, that I haven't had chance to let the whole thing set in...

Sorry i rambled as well...    and i'm not even high

pimp.gif
Truth. Music doesn't change, people do. People's experiences, preferences, and outlooks all change. That's why you can go back to something you passed off a few months ago and suddenly, you'll be feeling it. Or you can listen to something you used to love back in the day, it was your life theme music, but today, you respect the craft of it, but it doesn't hit home like it used to.

And all rankings are all subjective to the individual and what that music means to them as well. I always bug off people that argue over rankings or try to determine a conclusive list, its impossible. I personally dislike lists because it eliminates the duty to listen when assessing music or an artist. Say a casual fan comes across NERD, and sees In Search Of... is the agreed upon #1 album. They ain't even going to check Seeing Sounds, unless In Search Of... is their cup of tea. Which is a shame, because they are missing out on a completely different side of NERD w/ Seeing Sounds, a side that could appeal to that listener, and also a side that shows NERD brilliance and diversity.

As far as the album, right now, I'm definitely feeling songs, but I'm still trying to get an overall opinion of the album. Some songs are so epic in themselves, that I haven't had chance to let the whole thing set in...

Originally Posted by LB81986

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LB81986

pimp.gif

It's ok so far... Hope it grows on me, but half of the tracks were
ohwell.gif
imo.. LOVED Seeing Sounds and their other 2 albums but thus far im half & half.  Not as much beat changes/breakdowns as the rest of their work.  Wonder why they went away from that.

Def feeling these though :
  • Hypnotize U
  • I've Seen The Light / Inside the Clouds (I WISH Inside the Clouds was longer)
  • God Bless Us All
  • Life as a Fish

It's ok so far... Hope it grows on me, but half of the tracks were
ohwell.gif
imo.. LOVED Seeing Sounds and their other 2 albums but thus far im half & half.  Not as much beat changes/breakdowns as the rest of their work.  Wonder why they went away from that.

Def feeling these though :
  • Hypnotize U
  • I've Seen The Light / Inside the Clouds (I WISH Inside the Clouds was longer)
  • God Bless Us All
  • Life as a Fish

Back
Top Bottom