\V/:: \/ /\ :: The Official Neptunes | Pharrell | Chad | N*E*R*D Thread :: \/ /\ :: \V/

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

I've watched this video probably 50+ times since it's been on YouTube:

�

Top 25 Neps beat, EASY.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 man i have this song on my old computer and a loop of the beat.....i used to BLAST this $$%# 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

One of my all time favorite N*E*R*D songs (hidden interlude included):
That interlude is sooooo doooope. I know there's something that's on the OG album that wasn't on the final. Is it that interlude?

YO.....

The fact that records like "Truth Or Dare" and the following don't get mentioned in NERD threads.....it just makes me question some of you dudes sometimes....

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

I worked the first album. Some might say I broke them at Radio. I worked Radio in FL. Is there a better state to work a song called "Lapdance"?

Yo how hard of a record was that to break?
There was nothing "urban" that sounded similar to that song at the time - as classic as it is today, I can't imagine that was an easy sell...

...how'd you do that $!%%?

And I basically told guys that were friends of mine that I thought they were being racist. HA!

Works everytime 
pimp.gif

...sike naw 
laugh.gif
 - yo that was a dope %#% story though.

Yo so Beenie Man and The Neptunes were on Virgin right?

...I always wondered how T.I. was able to get Beenie over a Neptunes track on his debut, but was that just some kinda Virgin package deal?

Yo how hard of a record was that to break?
There was nothing "urban" that sounded similar to that song at the time - as classic as it is today, I can't imagine that was an easy sell...

...how'd you do that $!%%?

And I basically told guys that were friends of mine that I thought they were being racist. HA!

Works everytime 
pimp.gif

...sike naw 
laugh.gif
 - yo that was a dope %#% story though.

Yo so Beenie Man and The Neptunes were on Virgin right?

...I always wondered how T.I. was able to get Beenie over a Neptunes track on his debut, but was that just some kinda Virgin package deal?
Beenie and N*E*R*D* were on Virgin.

The T.I. thing could have happened a bunch of different ways. Maybe their studio sessions crossed and Beenie just hopped on.

TIP was always respected in the South even before he inked his deal with Arista. He could have had a relationship with Pharrell. Or LA Reid could have pulled the strings. Or their A+R guys could have known each other and worked it out. I don't have any firsthand knowledge of that.

That interlude is sooooo doooope. I know there's something that's on the OG album that wasn't on the final. Is it that interlude?

YO.....
Yeah, along w/ this intro:

...and 2 skits.  They add so much to the feel of the album. I have no clue why they cut all of it from the Symob/US version.

I can comfortably say In Search Of... (the OG/UK version) is my favorite album of all time.
pimp.gif

I forgot to add that "Brain" has to be one of the most straightforward/relatable songs I've ever heard.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom