Vancouver...Whats good?

just to clarify, republic and canvas are majority black, and looking at your username id ont know if you'll like that. but ceili's is definitely not all ESL students, mad white girls go there, and joe rich is the same, definitely not all brown people

just to clarify, republic and canvas are majority black, and looking at your username id ont know if you'll like that. but ceili's is definitely not all ESL students, mad white girls go there, and joe rich is the same, definitely not all brown people

2006 - me & my boys made the trip from Tacoma, WA to Vancity almost every weekend from October thru January.

Just partying on Granville and going to Aubar and Atlantis (rip); hitting up livestock & Goodfoot had just opened.

All kinds of breezys
laugh.gif

GOOD damn times up there
pimp.gif

2006 - me & my boys made the trip from Tacoma, WA to Vancity almost every weekend from October thru January.

Just partying on Granville and going to Aubar and Atlantis (rip); hitting up livestock & Goodfoot had just opened.

All kinds of breezys
laugh.gif

GOOD damn times up there
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wheredeydothatat

Originally Posted by A Beautiful Wave

nightlife.. most of these are assuming you like hip hop except ceili's.

Wednesday - Ceili's, dollar beer night

Thursday - Joe Richard's

Friday - Au Bar/Canvas

Saturday - Canvas

Sunday - Republic

if you like house music, go to caprice or venue on friday and saturday, or celebrities on tuesday if you're down for straight night at a normally gay club. if you like asian girls, fabric or boss, these are terrible clubs tho. if you like white girls, go to the roxy, cellar, or the blarney stone

Wednesday - Ceili's, dollar beer night - Great if you want to be surrounded by a bunch of ESL students and nothing elese
Thursday - Joe Richard's - Surrey's finest, full of shady brown people
Friday - Au Bar/Canvas - LOL
Saturday - Canvas - Full of low class hoodrats and losers
Sunday - Republic - Full of broke black people trying to stunt and fake people

Caprice - Wack, filled with losers
Celebrities on Tuseday- Only good during the summer really, still a Ok spot, they bring in good DJ's on friday as well
Venue- Decent on Sunday but filled with 18yr olds, Friday and Saturday is pretty wack to

Fortune- In Chinatown, dope club good on friday's and saturdays, find some real people not the douche bags on granville

Honestly vancouver has a terrible nightlife scene. The underground scene is a lot better, you just got to hit the right events, Get at me on PM if you want me to tell you bout some dope events closer to date ur coming

i notice you said celebs is okay, and republic is filled with losers and venue sucks, but those three clubs all attract the same crowd and type of people.  no comment about everything else, i can see that race plays a big factor on what places you go to.  lol at you saying stay away from the granville strip but having nothing bad to say about the roxy or cellar
roll.gif

and it sucks that OP isnt coming in the middle of october, wiz khalifa gonna be performing at fortune
pimp.gif
MY MAN!
Just copped some tickets, the dude yelawolfe is coming with wiz too. should be a good show. 

Looking to get more faded than when kuddi came haha. 

Oh and FORTUNE. Pretty much the only club I'll go to now.

haha Good to know that there are some fine van city citizens of NT.

Anyone at Emily Carr? get at me!

Thursday - Joe Richard's

Friday - Au Bar/Canvas

Saturday - Canvas

Sunday - Republic

if you like house music, go to caprice or venue on friday and saturday, or celebrities on tuesday if you're down for straight night at a normally gay club. if you like asian girls, fabric or boss, these are terrible clubs tho. if you like white girls, go to the roxy, cellar, or the blarney stone

Wednesday - Ceili's, dollar beer night - Great if you want to be surrounded by a bunch of ESL students and nothing elese

Celebrities on Tuseday- Only good during the summer really, still a Ok spot, they bring in good DJ's on friday as well
Venue- Decent on Sunday but filled with 18yr olds, Friday and Saturday is pretty wack to

Fortune- In Chinatown, dope club good on friday's and saturdays, find some real people not the douche bags on granville

Honestly vancouver has a terrible nightlife scene. The underground scene is a lot better, you just got to hit the right events, Get at me on PM if you want me to tell you bout some dope events closer to date ur coming

i notice you said celebs is okay, and republic is filled with losers and venue sucks, but those three clubs all attract the same crowd and type of people.  no comment about everything else, i can see that race plays a big factor on what places you go to.  lol at you saying stay away from the granville strip but having nothing bad to say about the roxy or cellar
roll.gif

and it sucks that OP isnt coming in the middle of october, wiz khalifa gonna be performing at fortune
pimp.gif
MY MAN!
Just copped some tickets, the dude yelawolfe is coming with wiz too. should be a good show. 

Originally Posted by sixzerofour

Thursday - Joe Richard's

Friday - Au Bar/Canvas

Saturday - Canvas

Sunday - Republic

roll.gif

pimp.gif
MY MAN!

Yo, what year are you in at ECU? I was actually gonna go there, but instead took some visual art courses at UBC. I got a passion for arts/design, but I'm not sure where to take it in the future...

Originally Posted by sixzerofour

Thursday - Joe Richard's

Friday - Au Bar/Canvas

Saturday - Canvas

Sunday - Republic

roll.gif

pimp.gif
MY MAN!

Yo, what year are you in at ECU? I was actually gonna go there, but instead took some visual art courses at UBC. I got a passion for arts/design, but I'm not sure where to take it in the future...

Thursday - Joe Richard's

Friday - Au Bar/Canvas

Saturday - Canvas

Sunday - Republic

roll.gif

pimp.gif

Cellar I have never step foot in.... doesn't seem like that good of a place. Roxy is a dump, i hate country music as well, Republic is filled with everyone you see on thedirty.com/vancouver. Celbs on friday is ok if your into the whole blueprint events house music scene but that is pretty played out to me. Fortune is your best bet, there are some dope underground stuff, some stuff in east van, I would check out clubzone and clubvibes too see some events that are playing when your there.

Thursday - Joe Richard's

Friday - Au Bar/Canvas

Saturday - Canvas

Sunday - Republic

roll.gif

pimp.gif

Cellar I have never step foot in.... doesn't seem like that good of a place. Roxy is a dump, i hate country music as well, Republic is filled with everyone you see on thedirty.com/vancouver. Celbs on friday is ok if your into the whole blueprint events house music scene but that is pretty played out to me. Fortune is your best bet, there are some dope underground stuff, some stuff in east van, I would check out clubzone and clubvibes too see some events that are playing when your there.

^^ Technically 3rd year, but I took a year off. I'm actually in the visual Arts program, but only there because I plan on transferring to Communication Design.
If you honestly are willing to make art for a living I really suggest coming to Emily Carr. They offer a lot of flexibility in terms of the types of courses you can take and really prepare you to be a complete artist. It's good if you're even unsure as to what medium you want to specialize in, because in first year you do everything... film, drawing, painting, design.. etc. After, you have a pretty good idea as to what you want to do. I took some time off to see what other programs were offered in Vancouver... I considered AI, ACAD, Cap U but ultimately I stuck with ECU because I believe that they are the best at teaching concepts and developing them. Anyone can take a computer class on CS4 but creativity isn't something you can just buy. Don't get discouraged by the art freaks and AYO lookin people on campus haha, they're mostly misguided first years that eventually get filtered out.

How is the program at UBC anyway? which year are you in?

If you have any questions on portfolio or anything get at me man. The only reason I was able to get in was because I met a ECU senior at some random party a long time ago and he went out of his way to pretty much walk me through the whole process. Working on that good karma now haha.

^^ Technically 3rd year, but I took a year off. I'm actually in the visual Arts program, but only there because I plan on transferring to Communication Design.
If you honestly are willing to make art for a living I really suggest coming to Emily Carr. They offer a lot of flexibility in terms of the types of courses you can take and really prepare you to be a complete artist. It's good if you're even unsure as to what medium you want to specialize in, because in first year you do everything... film, drawing, painting, design.. etc. After, you have a pretty good idea as to what you want to do. I took some time off to see what other programs were offered in Vancouver... I considered AI, ACAD, Cap U but ultimately I stuck with ECU because I believe that they are the best at teaching concepts and developing them. Anyone can take a computer class on CS4 but creativity isn't something you can just buy. Don't get discouraged by the art freaks and AYO lookin people on campus haha, they're mostly misguided first years that eventually get filtered out.

How is the program at UBC anyway? which year are you in?

If you have any questions on portfolio or anything get at me man. The only reason I was able to get in was because I met a ECU senior at some random party a long time ago and he went out of his way to pretty much walk me through the whole process. Working on that good karma now haha.

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

yea im gonna be there in that first weekend of oct...
Oh word? Me too. Weird how that works out.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fog Raw

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Fog Raw, you're from Vancouver?
Yessir
smokin.gif

Currently studying at UBC too. Didn't know you resided there too
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Nah man. I don't live in Vancouver. I'm from the bay area.
laugh.gif

What I meant was, I didn't know you lived in Vancouver. I thought you lived somewhere in California.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Yessir
smokin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

What I meant was, I didn't know you lived in Vancouver. I thought you lived somewhere in California.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Yessir
smokin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Oh damn my bad..
roll.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Yessir
smokin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Oh damn my bad..
roll.gif

went to vancouver for the first time this past summer. weather was dope and the place is beautiful.

Guu - must try it. really good japanese food
Japadog - a little pricey but a must-try for anyone who hasn't. basically a hotdog with japanese ingredients and garnishes.
crepe cafe - good casual dessert

when i went a couple of your nike stores still had the chaos kobe v's, and they were on sale. i was surprised...people in the US have been beasting over that shoe for a minute.

went to this Asian Night Market festival that takes place throughout the summer at night time. good and cheap food. you can find pretty cool accessories and everyday essentials for pretty cheap, too. i.e. cell phone cases, ipod cases, ipad accessories, etc etc.

went to vancouver for the first time this past summer. weather was dope and the place is beautiful.

Guu - must try it. really good japanese food
Japadog - a little pricey but a must-try for anyone who hasn't. basically a hotdog with japanese ingredients and garnishes.
crepe cafe - good casual dessert

when i went a couple of your nike stores still had the chaos kobe v's, and they were on sale. i was surprised...people in the US have been beasting over that shoe for a minute.

went to this Asian Night Market festival that takes place throughout the summer at night time. good and cheap food. you can find pretty cool accessories and everyday essentials for pretty cheap, too. i.e. cell phone cases, ipod cases, ipad accessories, etc etc.

Thursday - Joe Richard's

Friday - Au Bar/Canvas

Saturday - Canvas

Sunday - Republic

You, sir, sound like kind of a dbag. Your attitude is just turrible. If you go anywhere with the right attitude and right people it's fun. I assume going anywhere with you is just the worst sort of experience. I'm not a huge fan of those bars either but you don't see me being a huge jerk about it and making INSANE generalizations. Settle down.

That being said, Fog Raw you go to UBC? Now I'm gonna be all paranoid wondering who on campus is an NT'er haha.

And OP, and anyone else who is curious, Library Square. Especially on Friday night. Also, Academic. But Friday night at Lib Sq is 90s night and it's suuuper fun. Really cool bar.

Thursday - Joe Richard's

Friday - Au Bar/Canvas

Saturday - Canvas

Sunday - Republic

You, sir, sound like kind of a dbag. Your attitude is just turrible. If you go anywhere with the right attitude and right people it's fun. I assume going anywhere with you is just the worst sort of experience. I'm not a huge fan of those bars either but you don't see me being a huge jerk about it and making INSANE generalizations. Settle down.

That being said, Fog Raw you go to UBC? Now I'm gonna be all paranoid wondering who on campus is an NT'er haha.

And OP, and anyone else who is curious, Library Square. Especially on Friday night. Also, Academic. But Friday night at Lib Sq is 90s night and it's suuuper fun. Really cool bar.

Back
Top Bottom