Varejao Doesn't Want To Return To Cleveland Cavaliers

dude pulled a Bonzi Wells and will likely get the same fate. but his playoff performance wasn't even a quarter as good as Bonzi's against the Spurs.

who does this bum think he is?
indifferent.gif

Who does this BUM think he is??
indifferent.gif

edit:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ miami posting my same thoughts

yeah for real, if he shows up in the Q anytime soon, i'd bet he gets booed outta that place. he is a bum and not worth 1/4 of what hes asking. i hope hecan live of whatever he made previously for a while cause he isnt gettin that cavs deal anytime soon.

show me that he values my contribution to the team

Umm, from what I believe, he was offered more than 7 mil per year for 6 years. If thats not fair enough, then get out of the damn leauge. I mean Kapono makesless than that, and he gets overpaid. And yet, he is one of the best three point shooters in the leauge.

Andy V is only good at one thing. Flopping. Im sure Danny Ferry could sign a bum on the street in Cleveland for 500K a year, and dude would be more than happyto fall a few times in a game.

I hope AV does not get a job with any other team, and has to call it a career. Dude is possibly the worst player in the league.

smh.gif
indifferent.gif
X a billion.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

I hope AV does not get a job with any other team, and has to call it a career. Dude is possibly the worst player in the league.
I wholeheartedly agree...

This guy is a flopping bum and doesn't belong in the NBA!

And for him thinking he is worth a can of beans....
indifferent.gif

Reasons why Varejao deserves $11 mil per year:

Last season he...

- averaged as many rebounds per game as Chuck Hayes, who is making $1.75 mil this year

- averaged as many points per game as Paul Milsap, who is making $687K this year

- was 16th in the league fouls per game, despite being 138th in minutes played

Yes, it all makes perfect sense now.

smh.gif

Whomever convinced Sideshow Bob that his mediocre services are worth $11 mil a year should be sent packing to Brazil right along with him.

Man, !%!# Floppy Head.
laugh.gif

The Cavs definitely don't need (or miss) anything he brings to the table.

To paraphrase Big Daddy Kane, give AV a quarter cuz he played himself.

Originally Posted by Beats05

dude pulled a Bonzi Wells and will likely get the same fate. but his playoff performance wasn't even a quarter as good as Bonzi's against the Spurs.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
There was no market value for Bonzi....AV is only dealing with this due to his "restricted" status. I don't know who you guys favoriteteams are but there's over a 50% chance that they're trying to get him right now. He's in a good place and has A LOT of value throughout theleague. You don't find many 6'10, 260 guys who can rebound and aren't afraid to mix it up. He was near the top, if not #1 in the league incharges taken and that's as backup who barely played 20 min per game. But I guess that's why franchises don't let fans make personnel decisions. Most have no basketball smarts whatsoever....

Originally Posted by ididit4theluv

You don't find many 6'10, 260 guys who can rebound and aren't afraid to mix it up.

But I guess that's why franchises don't let fans make personnel decisions. Most have no basketball smarts whatsoever....
a) Isn't that what a 6'10", 260-pound foward/center is supposed to do: "mix it up" and rebound? He thinks he's worth$11 mil per year because he's doing a mediocre job at his position?

b) This has nothing to do with basketball smarts and everything to do with paying an average player an exorbitant salary that he doesn't deserve. Idon't think anyone on this board is arguing that they wouldn't like Varejao coming off the bench for their team, but at $11 mil per year? Get the +%!+outta here.

Varejao's energy, offensive handicap, and overall game isn't that dissimilar to a player like Mikki Moore, and Moore's been out of the league fromtime to time. Hopefully, Varejao and his delusional%#@@ will soon meet the same fate if he foolishly sticks to his guns.

We all know he isnt worth that money. But say that he gets offered that contract. How in the hell is cleveland going to pick up any new players? How are theygoing to improve their team? They cant because the cap is at the limit for a number of years following his signing. dude has got to think. Maybe they dontoffer him so much because they want to pick up other players, trying to defend the Eastern Conference crown. Maybe, just maybe, Andy could look at it that way.But instead, most likely, hes going to be the greedy bastard that he is, and try and take up the whole salary cap. Send the dude to New York already. At least,they could afford him.

Originally Posted by mogzz04

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

how much was he trying to get again?
Something like 6 yrs/$66 million
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif
No way Afro Puff was worth 11 mill a year....
CAVS have to get ready for Bron's Monster contract after the 08-09 season and having China Doll Hughes on the payroll for 13 million and Z for 12 mill...we didnt need a role player making an All-Star's salary....

This dude is a b-grade Bulls Era Scott Williams AT BEST. SMH @ demanding contracts.

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

Originally Posted by ididit4theluv

You don't find many 6'10, 260 guys who can rebound and aren't afraid to mix it up.

But I guess that's why franchises don't let fans make personnel decisions. Most have no basketball smarts whatsoever....
a) Isn't that what a 6'10", 260-pound foward/center is supposed to do: "mix it up" and rebound? He thinks he's worth $11 mil per year because he's doing a mediocre job at his position?

b) This has nothing to do with basketball smarts and everything to do with paying an average player an exorbitant salary that he doesn't deserve. I don't think anyone on this board is arguing that they wouldn't like Varejao coming off the bench for their team, but at $11 mil per year? Get the +%!+ outta here.

Varejao's energy, offensive handicap, and overall game isn't that dissimilar to a player like Mikki Moore, and Moore's been out of the league from time to time. Hopefully, Varejao and his delusional%#@@ will soon meet the same fate if he foolishly sticks to his guns.
You're off on sooooo many levels. His production per minute and the teams performance while he is in the game is well documented. He boosts theteam and most importantly, the franchise (LB) is most comfortable when he's out there setting screens for him etc...

6 and 6 in 23 minutes in the role he plays is very efficient and add the fact that he isn't afraid to get trampled (or at least appear to be
laugh.gif
) getting opposing bigs in foul trouble is an invaluable asset to ANY team. I'm not stationary right now, but I'm sure some of the Cavs fans on here have access to the teams +- numbers with Andy in the game. I don't knowfor sure, but I'm confident in saying from attending dozens and dozens of Cavs games the last few years and being around the team that he is EXTREMELYvaluable to that team. If he wasn't, the best agent in the game wouldn't even be dealing so strongly. Agents don't just pull numbers out of hatsfellas (not those in the class of Dan Fegan anyways), I'll leave it at that.

11 mill per year tho?.

thats a bad move... i know a lot about bad moves, thats a terrible contract...do you agree?

hes really not worth that money. how can you say otherwise?

Bonzi Wells has more talent in his pinky than this bum.

Mikki Moore has more talent in his left arm.

I've seen people at the Y more gifted than this guy.

Back
Top Bottom