Verizon iPhone Launch Vol. Mass Hysteria

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by SalviBoy7

Can't wait for the Thunderbolt to come out. Maybe I'll make some money selling that.

Everyone is missing the point. Verizon + Apple expected a huge turn out, they didn't have one. Plain and simple. I've worked 3 or 4 launches at Apple, I know what a crowd is.

This is funny though.

guess breaking pre order records means nothing
Drinking that kool-aid I see. Compare Verizon's first week numbers vs. ATT's summer iPhone 4 numbers. Equal and correct comparison.
Verizon held a special event for this announcement, had 2 super bowl commercials, ect. Def not the turn out they expected. I have friends that work in Apple Stores. Black out dates and all hands on deck. Meaning a huge amount of traffic was expected.

I switched from sprint bb and couldnt be happer love my first iphone, and whenever they release 5 i'll get that also and sell 4
for as personal smart phone users go, those who are out of contract will switch to verizon. 
no doubt about it when the 5 comes out verizon will sell more than att  
bottom line t mobile, sprint, att lost users to the #1 carrier and will continue to do so

what is the best slim light weight case?

Originally Posted by you go boy

the typical senior citizen speeding walking in the mall early 
laugh.gif
saw some bad milfs walking in the mall early one morning 
devil.gif

thats 40 more people than have ever showed up for a droid launch so take that.

the original Motorola Droid had lines. Same with the Palm Pre launch. No need for you to stick up for Apple, that's usainboltisfast's job.

thats 40 more people than have ever showed up for a droid launch so take that.

the original Motorola Droid had lines. Same with the Palm Pre launch. No need for you to stick up for Apple, that's usainboltisfast's job.

I was told that a girl went to the Verizon store at 3AM and waited for the store to open up..She was the only customer on line btw

I was told that a girl went to the Verizon store at 3AM and waited for the store to open up..She was the only customer on line btw

Originally Posted by SUSHI AND GRITS

Is it confirmed that the iPhone 5 is coming this summer?

Nope.... All ive heard is that a new iphone has been on hold. and engadget i believe it was, stating that a new version of iphone will come this summer. Im guessing ala 3g->3gs. Whats been said is that the new version will enable hotspot, facetime on 3g, custom email/sms basically all the stuff jailbroken iphone can do. Just it will now be native to the phone. So it seems the summer version of iphone=jailbroken iphone 4.

Nope.... All ive heard is that a new iphone has been on hold. and engadget i believe it was, stating that a new version of iphone will come this summer. Im guessing ala 3g->3gs. Whats been said is that the new version will enable hotspot, facetime on 3g, custom email/sms basically all the stuff jailbroken iphone can do. Just it will now be native to the phone. So it seems the summer version of iphone=jailbroken iphone 4.

Originally Posted by LDJ

I heard redesign. no more home button, more screen real estate to go along with those gestures that would look incredibly stupid on an iphone. New notification system maybe too.

Originally Posted by LDJ

I heard redesign. no more home button, more screen real estate to go along with those gestures that would look incredibly stupid on an iphone. New notification system maybe too.

Can't wait for the Thunderbolt to come out. Maybe I'll make some money selling that.

Everyone is missing the point. Verizon + Apple expected a huge turn out, they didn't have one. Plain and simple. I've worked 3 or 4 launches at Apple, I know what a crowd is.

This is funny though.

Hey someone gets it
pimp.gif

This is funny though.

Hey someone gets it
pimp.gif

PH3N0M3N0N wrote:
LDJ wrote:

That was the initial statement for iphone 5, but due to the fact their flagship carriers att/vzn not having 4g up and running fully yet (att will start rolling out 4g late summer/fall, who knows with vzn) They kinda putting it on hold. I went in to pay my Att bill and they was talking how they arent really gonna push the 4G network until its across the board. I guess they dont wanna do it the way sprint did it. Rush it and have it available in like 10-12 metro area cities.

It makes sense the iphone 5 gets put on hold, seeing that one of its main selling points is 4G network which wont be nationwide for att until at the earliest a yr or so. And who knows when 4G will be nationwide for vzn. So why not do a upgrade version this year of iphone 4. Then 2012/2013 bring the iphone 5 out. Check out and let droid make their usually 15 gazillion so called iphone killer phones then drop the 5 with technology that exceeds what droid would have been putting out, well atleast for a month until droid comes out with 15 gazillion more phones that are iphone killers.

But then again it is apple. If they can get a easy quick buck, and the hype train for an entirely new phone is big. I can see apple say you know what f it. We will put out a 4g phone without 4g service being available. And it wouldnt shook me one bit for ppl to be lined up for miles on in to get their latest 4g phone w/o a service to utilize 4g on.

PH3N0M3N0N wrote:
LDJ wrote:

That was the initial statement for iphone 5, but due to the fact their flagship carriers att/vzn not having 4g up and running fully yet (att will start rolling out 4g late summer/fall, who knows with vzn) They kinda putting it on hold. I went in to pay my Att bill and they was talking how they arent really gonna push the 4G network until its across the board. I guess they dont wanna do it the way sprint did it. Rush it and have it available in like 10-12 metro area cities.

It makes sense the iphone 5 gets put on hold, seeing that one of its main selling points is 4G network which wont be nationwide for att until at the earliest a yr or so. And who knows when 4G will be nationwide for vzn. So why not do a upgrade version this year of iphone 4. Then 2012/2013 bring the iphone 5 out. Check out and let droid make their usually 15 gazillion so called iphone killer phones then drop the 5 with technology that exceeds what droid would have been putting out, well atleast for a month until droid comes out with 15 gazillion more phones that are iphone killers.

But then again it is apple. If they can get a easy quick buck, and the hype train for an entirely new phone is big. I can see apple say you know what f it. We will put out a 4g phone without 4g service being available. And it wouldnt shook me one bit for ppl to be lined up for miles on in to get their latest 4g phone w/o a service to utilize 4g on.

will vzw get the new iphone when it releases this summer? either way there are gonna be a bunch of angry people.

Back
Top Bottom