Verizon To Kill Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plans!! -___-

I got a 5 gig grandfathered cap on t-mobile...

Verizon is lookin like trolls.
laugh.gif

So what happens to the folks that already switched to 4g phones and are on unlimited data? It stays the same?

Originally Posted by iBlink

Originally Posted by IHaveMyOwnOpinion

Sprint ftw
pimp.gif
It's only a matter of time bro
I don't think so. Sprint is low key doing great business with their unlimited plan ever since it acquired the account with Apple. A lot of people have switched carriers just to have the iPhone on a cheaper provider. I think this move by Verizon reflects the fact that they're losing customers. I don't think Sprint is suffering to the point where they're going to revamp their prices on the multitude of users who they have just gained.

But then again, it's all about making money, so I may be wrong. But for the moment, I enjoy an unlimited plan on my iPhone for under $100.

lol... sprint's taking a BEATING because of the iPhone. All carriers do..

Originally Posted by IHaveMyOwnOpinion

Sprint ftw
pimp.gif
It's only a matter of time bro
I don't think so. Sprint is low key doing great business with their unlimited plan ever since it acquired the account with Apple. A lot of people have switched carriers just to have the iPhone on a cheaper provider. I think this move by Verizon reflects the fact that they're losing customers. I don't think Sprint is suffering to the point where they're going to revamp their prices on the multitude of users who they have just gained.

But then again, it's all about making money, so I may be wrong. But for the moment, I enjoy an unlimited plan on my iPhone for under $100.

Sprint will probably change their policy once they make the full conversion to LTE.

But I'm not sure. While Sprint's speeds are slower than other carriers' due to them jumping on the WiMax ship, they still own a large portion of the data routes in the US... it'll be interesting in 3 years (which I think is when they said they plan to have LTE conversion complete.)

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

To those of you with unlimited how much data do you even use a month? I don't have unlimited, only have a 2gb per month plan and never come close to going over.

you need to get on tha jailbroken iphone tip and start getting everything you want for free
pimp.gif

To those of you with unlimited how much data do you even use a month? I don't have unlimited, only have a 2gb per month plan and never come close to going over.
honestly i dont even check since its unlimited but when i was on windows mobile i was using about 2gb and that was a long time ago now on android im using much much more

Guess people don't see Sprints quarterly losses. They can't afford to carry the iPhone AND let all of its users run ramped w/data usage. Definitely going to restructure in the future to get more out of its plans. They're either putting themselves in a position to be bought out or there is huge magic trick waiting to be performed to resurrect the brand

I've worked with Verizon for 1.5 years and in that time frame they've changed so many things.

Annual upgrades, New Every 2, one year contracts, now the $30 upgrade, getting rid of unlimited data, and now they aren't letting people be grandfathered. SMH

It's funny how this all started happening once the iPhone showed up.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

So what happens to the folks that already switched to 4g phones and are on unlimited data? It stays the same?

You should be good, the unlimited data may only affect 3G devices when the customer upgrades to a 4G device.

If have a 3G Android device with unlimited data and you plan on sticking with Android get a 4G Android device asap so you won't lose you unlimited data.

If you have a iphone 4 which is a 3G phone and you copped it with a unlimited data plan, the iphone 5 will have 4G(LTE) and once they get rid of the unlimited data plan you will be pushed to a tiered data package.

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Sprint ftw
pimp.gif

I've had Sprint for years...it's great for the price and the phone service is generally fine but the data is slow as hell.  Every carrier has its issues though, Sprint gets the job done.
I agree the slow data is the only real problem with iPhone on Sprint cause the Evo wasn't slow like this. I also wish that I could use the net underground but that's not that big of a deal.

i love having Sprint because of their plans and prices but in the DC metro area this service is some @!+%. Idk where to go now

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

You should be good, the unlimited data may only affect 3G devices when the customer upgrades to a 4G device.

If have a 3G Android device with unlimited data and you plan on sticking with Android get a 4G Android device asap so you won't lose you unlimited data.

If you have a iphone 4 which is a 3G phone and you copped it with a unlimited data plan, the iphone 5 will have 4G(LTE) and once they get rid of the unlimited data plan you will be pushed to a tiered data package.
If true.........
bfa159ea542ba90b7a51b02f583b9e0bc390121_r.gif

I have att unlimited. Had my iP4 for abt a year now and ive sent 1.7GB and received 31.2 GB in that time. I listen to Pandora and have a paid Spotify plan.

Back
Top Bottom