Verizon To Kill Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plans!! -___-

Originally Posted by dbailey86

i love having Sprint because of their plans and prices but in the DC metro area this service is some @!+%. Idk where to go now

Naw famb, had sprint for years. It's great in DC metro area.

On the really doe... I average about 4 gb a month on T-Mobile ..

Their speeds are
eek.gif
at times, too..

It just has bad coverage.

Sprint Unlimited since 2009 and its been beautiful. $78 bucks a month and its always fast

I may end up leaving Verizon anyway, my bill is 400+ because I was talking to a number that I thought was on my friends and family but it wasn't
30t6p3b.gif
no way I can pay that mess. I've never received a large credit and they're talking about the most they can credit me is 60. If they do away with unlimited data I may switch to boost.

At some point you have to realize that companies offered unlimited data knowing that you weren't using more than 512MB up to 1GB of data. Those plans were only profitable to these companies like prior to 2007.

That's like paying for an all you can eat buffet, having a plate of cookies, and then your full

Now fast forward to the present time where you buy the same buffet and eat for 3 hours straight. Big difference

It has to end at some point. Regardless of who your carrier is

Originally Posted by RyanNYC

just face it.

iphone was the worst thing to happen to phone companies.
No I blame it on 4G LTE/Wimax Androids

Dudes be rooting/tethering their phone's data and use up 10gb+ per month.

iphones are slow as hell so there is no use tethering.

companies have said for the longest they were going to do this.

And this is actually going to help primarily a family of users. If you had 3-5 smartphones on your family plan and you were paying 30 a pop per line, you can now pay "less" and have a big bucket of data.

Cats using 10+ gb of data a month need to get home internet or pay to play, realistically if you browse web every so often, stream pandora a little, etc you will use under 2gb a month, but cats trying to watch Netflix everyday, and play call of duty via hot spot are tripping. Yea it was unlimited at one point, but you do want your cell phone service to work right? You guys see how the iPhone destroyed ATTs 3g network, companies are prepping for the future.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by RyanNYC

just face it.

iphone was the worst thing to happen to phone companies.
No I blame it on 4G LTE/Wimax Androids

Dudes be rooting/tethering their phone's data and use up 10gb+ per month.

iphones are slow as hell so there is no use tethering.

a3z582.gif

what are talking about?

Android users aren't put to blame of carriers ending unlimited data plans. The whole smartphone/tablet industry is pressuring carriers to end these unlimited plans.
Look back at 2008-2009 when AT&T when the iphone took off tremedsouly when they came out with the iphone 3G and 3GS. At&t network was crippling. Drop calls, poor reception, slow data speeds they had way to many customers that they couldn't handle even till this day at&t network is still affected by the iphone. Keep in mind Apple is late to innnovate when there is newer wireless technology around the corner, they are late comers and let other oem's experiment with newer technology till apple tries to perfect it. If Android wasn't around we wouldn't have 4G networks, we would be stuck to what apple gives us. Innovation for apple ended in 2010 when apple came out with iphone 4, cause this when Android started took marketshare for the most adopted OS.

If your saying iphones are slow as hell, then you agree that Android phones are superior.

Verizon sells more Iphones than any other 4G Android devices and Verizon wants consumers to buy 4G phones. Your argument is invalid and OH YOU MAD!

This is one if the reasons I go with a unlimited prepaid plan. $40 a month and I get everything. Now the data is not truly unlimited, but with wifi doing most of the work, I rarely use any data.

Do you guys not have wifi at home or work? Is data faster? $100 seems like a lot for a data plan, but that's probably because I'm a cheap college student
laugh.gif

LTE is much more efficient to heavy Data Loads, I doubt Unlimited ever comes back, but I can imagine almost everything we use will have radios that can connect to Carriers LTE towers such as Cars, tvs, etc. LTE is the future carriers in general are just trying to protect their investments. And dudes bragging about sprint, do you all realize they are on the brink of bankruptcy?

Sprint is so damn poor along with T Mobile yall can brag about the low prices but yall suffering with poor service.
Lived in CA service was poor for Sprint moved to Phx same thing.
Verizon has the best service but it is getting out of hand with the changes

Originally Posted by Cool Grey

isn't that like breaching the contract?

But when you upgrade your phone it's a "new" contract. I think that's the way they view/word it

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

95c1524136f0267a6617b810ac0d52195025aad.gif
i have unlimited iphone4s right now and can't upgrade for another 17 months 
alien.gif
 so looks like i'll have to become a victim...
although i'm noticing, even with tethering it to my ipad, i'm using around 2 gb a month even if i tried...so i was thinking of switching down anyway since i don't even use that much to start with. still sucks though..

Originally Posted by gil23

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

So what happens to the folks that already switched to 4g phones and are on unlimited data? It stays the same?

You should be good, the unlimited data may only affect 3G devices when the customer upgrades to a 4G device.

If have a 3G Android device with unlimited data and you plan on sticking with Android get a 4G Android device asap so you won't lose you unlimited data.

If you have a iphone 4 which is a 3G phone and you copped it with a unlimited data plan, the iphone 5 will have 4G(LTE) and once they get rid of the unlimited data plan you will be pushed to a tiered data package.
If true.........
bfa159ea542ba90b7a51b02f583b9e0bc390121_r.gif

THIS Droid Razr 4G FTW
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

To those of you with unlimited how much data do you even use a month? I don't have unlimited, only have a 2gb per month plan and never come close to going over.
There was a couple months I was doing 60-80GB 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So does this mean I am losing my unlimited any time soon? Or I won't be able to keep my unlimited after my contract is out? Can I finish my contract??

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

About to go in on verizon if they f me over 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom