Viacom Ends Decades Long Relationship With Nick Cannon Because “White People Are Evil”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again , I WISH folks were this scared to be associated with folks that spit in our faces as they are to he associated with folks that disrespect other groups.

Agreed. However, as a Black man who has been done with Ye since he began to disparage Black people, I 'm not using this situation to draw a comparison.

He made his bed and he can lay in it.

why do people keep turning this talking point back on to black people (who btw many of which were vocally against him since the slavery thing) and not the CAA’s/Adidas/Def Jam/UMG’s that it should be directed to

Because a black man, talking about black people is a line they won’t cross. And this is America man. You know what the dynamics are.

The equivalent I made in the other thread, was Donald Sterling and the Clippers. Because that is about as close as you can get to the type of dynamics we see here.

I’m not trying to turn or put the responsibility on black people, for severing ties with Kanye.

Because a black man, talking about black people is a line they won’t cross. And this is America man. You know what the dynamics are.

The equivalent I made in the other thread, was Donald Sterling and the Clippers. Because that is about as close as you can get to the type of dynamics we see here.

I’m not trying to turn or put the responsibility on black people, for severing ties with Kanye.
Do you think them folks have that power and influence or do you think it's made up as some would say?

Re: Brown/Donalds

Saw someone on Tweet say this was probably pushed by their PR Firms/Agents

Wonder if those agents were fine with Donald/JB signing with Donda after Kanye had said ALL of the other wild things he had previously said. (About us)

Again, I wish we had folks on our side.

Those agents and firms don’t care. They care about their pockets.

The interest in association is always a wild dynamic…often times depending on who said what to who. And how the public reacts. And what the industry is. I’m not excusing it. That is the reality. And we’d be naive to believe otherwise.

You and me both know…this country has a super long leash on the disrespect it will give to black people. Because it’s baked in. They can’t see it. It has to be damn near super explicitly racist…and even THEN, there may not be a full accounting/backlash.

It would really take a prominent white man/outsider, in an industry full of black people with some power, to continuously disrespect before they pull the plug.

Oddly enough, this may be a more apt comparison.

F02D5ABB-4CA3-4829-8D41-5B32473DB60A.jpeg

They had a chance with Eminem, when Benzino exposed him, too. But the $$$$$$ was too good. And the powers that be, wouldn’t have let it happen. Because of the people with real power..which comes almost full circle :smh: :lol:

It’s pretty clear, Ye was pushing the line on this one. And clearly wanted this outcome. He also lied/ommitted some deals he’s no longer a part of…all to feed a narrative. But whatever.

This kinda reminds me of the mel Gibson situation in a sense. People still backed him, all while he was a pariah.This has happened before. But obviously, this is new territory. Kanye has ALOT of support right now, man :lol:. Even with all of this. We all see the other half of the public perception turn.

But man, We live in America…we know what it is. I hate posting tweets like this…but there is ALOT to be said about this:

And we don’t have the industry or power to hold people accountable. But as Kanye was ***** on Black folk…y’all stalled him out and bought more kicks.laughed. Tried to explain it away. More merch. More music etc.

He’ll be fine. He’s too big to really fail right now.

Fam i know your heavy on the "cancel culture" is fake thing, but if your gonna sit here & argue that this isn't a very focused attempt at trying to cancel/mute him you got it fam :lol:

And Black people did what they should have been doing with Ye & that's supporting the **** they liked from him, because we damn sure haven't started doing that towards ANY other race that's disrespected us. if we gonna hold people "accountable" there's thousands that need to stop seeing our dollars before Ye

if i had the energy i could go google search racist & any of those companies that parted ways & probably find a multitude of instances where they've condoned racism/sexism/assault... and kept on pushing with black squares & weak apologies

Do you think them folks have that power and influence or do you think it's made up as some would say?

Somewhat. But not in the sense people say it tho. But mostly by being allowed access due to their proximity to whiteness and wealth.

What’s happening now, is the real white supremacist in this country…that can really shift/influence things….are doing it now, and being left off the hook. As their capatilist class stays the same, while mainstreaming antisemitism again.

I know *****s don’t want to hear it, but this really is some of the same rhetoric and actions from 90 years ago. And you could understandably get why folks that went through that…and have now ascended to have some influence in this country, are not going for it.

But the powers that be, had to let them get that access at a certain time. And they didn’t pick anybody else up with it. So I can also understand the resentment from us. Especially in some of these industries where are talent/work is being exploited, and knowledge withheld.

But to me, it’s classic capitalism…in a society that is anti black.

Fam i know your heavy on the "cancel culture" is fake thing, but if your gonna sit here & argue that this isn't a very focused attempt at trying to cancel/mute him you got it fam :lol:

And Black people did what they should have been doing with Ye & that's supporting the **** they liked from him, because we damn sure haven't started doing that towards ANY other race that's disrespected us. if we gonna hold people "accountable" there's thousands that need to stop seeing our dollars before Ye

if i had the energy i could go google search racist & any of those companies that parted ways & probably find a multitude of instances where they've condoned racism/sexism/assault... and kept on pushing with black squares & weak apologies

You not even responding to what I said, man :lol:.

You not even responding to what I said, man :lol:.

Because your telling me Ye has "support" based off some tweets... meanwhile he has several billion dollar companies, media companies, The whole Kardashian social media following, Jewish organizations & Plenty of black people at his neck.

But because he's "too big to fail" it's okay, as if cancellation isn't real if you could still make a living & aren't completely irrelevant :lol: .

Ye is the perfect Sphere to highlight all the constant hypocrisy in this country & i love it.

Somewhat. But not in the sense people say it tho. But mostly by being allowed access due to their proximity to whiteness and wealth.

What’s happening now, is the real white supremacist in this country…that can really shift/influence things….are doing it now, and being left off the hook. As their capatilist class stays the same, while mainstreaming antisemitism again.

I know *****s don’t want to hear it, but this really is some of the same rhetoric and actions from 90 years ago. And you could understandably get why folks that went through that…and have now ascended to have some influence in this country, are not going for it.

But the powers that be, had to let them get that access at a certain time. And they didn’t pick anybody else up with it. So I can also understand the resentment from us. Especially in some of these industries where are talent/work is being exploited, and knowledge withheld.

But to me, it’s classic capitalism…in a society that is anti black.
The thing is, there is racism within their group which comes with predatory behavior against the black community, but the problem is whenever it is highlighted, people quickly try to label it as antisemitism.

Forget Kanye, this conversation has come up numerous times on this forum and it is quickly shut down with post deletions etc. A Councilman from that community said Palestine doesn’t exist and yet he was still allowed to remain in his post . You question them and they will quickly cry foul.

A representative from the American Jewish committee put out an article addressing and condemning the racism within their committee against black people, but you allow some people to tell it, they claim it doesn’t exist or claim it’s minuscule.

Last edited:
Because your telling me Ye has "support" based off some tweets... meanwhile he has several billion dollar companies, media companies, The whole Kardashian social media following, Jewish organizations & Plenty of black people at his neck.

But because he's "too big to fail" it's okay, as if cancellation isn't real if you could still make a living & aren't completely irrelevant :lol: .

Ye is the perfect Sphere to highlight all the constant hypocrisy in this country & i love it.

I’m not telling you that Ye has support because of some tweets. I’m telling you that Ye has support of people with real power.

Musk. Thiel. Trump. Etc etc

And we are long past the era of virtue signaling meaning anything. People just roll their eyes at those :lol:

We really gotta stop talking past each other man.

I’m not telling you that Ye has support because of some tweets. I’m telling you that Ye has support of people with real power.

Musk. Thiel. Trump. Etc etc

And we are long past the era of virtue signaling meaning anything. People just roll their eyes at those :lol:

We really gotta stop talking past each other man.

What exactly is the "support" because depending on the conversation things always switch with Ye. I was told several times over the years that he just being used as a photo op, he's a pawn, they would never take him serious etc etc so what support is that?

Also from someone on the outside looking in, the constant grouping of Musk, Theil, Trump etc sounds like the same boogeymen that the left accuses the right of bringing up ( Soros, Gates Etc Etc)

What exactly gives them the title of "real white supremacist" compared to the people who oppose them for their own selfish games.

If this has shown nothing is that NO BLACK MAN in America has real power if there's isn't majority black money behind it. So Even if he did get this hypothetical support from those types.... it just leads to the same problem.

What exactly is the "support" because depending on the conversation things always switch with Ye. I was told several times over the years that he just being used as a photo op, he's a pawn, they would never take him serious etc etc so what support is that?

Also from someone on the outside looking in, the constant grouping of Musk, Theil, Trump etc sounds like the same boogeymen that the left accuses the right of bringing up ( Soros, Gates Etc Etc)

What exactly gives them the title of "real white supremacist" compared to the people who oppose them for their own selfish games.

If this has shown nothing is that NO BLACK MAN in America has real power if there's isn't majority black money behind it. So Even if he did get this hypothetical support from those types.... it just leads to the same problem.

Kanye just went to another market/support system of white supremacist. That’s all.

Kanye just went to another market/support system of white supremacist. That’s all.

If people would just acknowledge this more i would have less of an issue, if he was siding with the opposite of who's supporting him now he's still working for white supremacy.

Nobody who wants black upliftment would pump billions into the current state of the rap culture & the stereotypes that grow with it.

Its puzzling to me going on a major press run with no album dropping, not selling anything or having anything to announce. It seems like the sole purpose was to be generally offensive and controversial. He said a bunch nothing with all that press he was getting. Say he is on his hardcore antisemitic ****, why do a press run for the sole purpose of exposing yourself? Mans literally went on the biggest national news shows and podcasts within a couple weeks with no discernible objective or agenda, alienated himself from millions and lost all his deals for no apparent reason.

To the untrained it certainly seems he is going through some type of mental health crisis. If its really all that simple its baffling someone somewhere wasnt smart enough to prevent him from leaving all this money on the table.

Its puzzling to me going on a major press run with no album dropping, not selling anything or having anything to announce. It seems like the sole purpose was to be generally offensive and controversial. He said a bunch nothing with all that press he was getting. Say he is on his hardcore antisemitic ****, why do a press run for the sole purpose of exposing yourself? Mans literally went on the biggest national news shows and podcasts within a couple weeks with no discernible objective or agenda, alienated himself from millions and lost all his deals for no apparent reason.

To the untrained it certainly seems he is going through some type of mental health crisis. If its really all that simple its baffling someone somewhere wasnt smart enough to prevent him from leaving all this money on the table.

I think ya'll are forgetting who Kanye has always been, whether right or wrong he has been determined to get his art/thoughts/voice out no matter the detriment

He wasn't Kanye of Now & some Icon when he said the George Bush don't like Black people during a live telethon.... could have crushed his career, he still did it

The Taylor incident, wasn't even for his video or a song he's featured on or produced.... it was because he thought Beyonce deseved it. Went up during the prime of his Career & became the publics version of King Kong pickin on the innocent White Girl

The Maga Cap, & now this. If he feels strongly about something there seems to be nothing that is going to stop him from expressing it.

Interesting Dynamic considering what's currently going on.... I know they said Kev Liles went to vouch for them YSL cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom