Vince McMahon & WWE takes on the Denver Nuggets

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Vince is eating this all up! Free publicity! I mean, Vince can't move Raw to Tuesday but couldn't he move it to Sunday? A day before and just do a taped Raw?
i dont think so...Raw is a live show and maybe wwf has other commitments on but sundays they usually have a ppv show once a month...i havent keptup with wrestling since the rock left so i dont know if there is a ppv show on that day...wrestling fans can you confirm this?

anyways with that said vince has a legit argument he scheduled this in august and there is no way he should back down...like he said in that vid hes a businessman...i mean were talking about thousands maybe even millions of dollars in one show...we all know vince is money hungry...hes talking about stomachgrowling...word to kobes puppet
laugh.gif

Vince should pull for Kenyon vs Cuban to be the main event with his mom as the special guest referee.

Man....this is a win-win for Vince McMahon.

First of all, whoever booked the WWE at the Pepsi Center is contractually obligated to Vince McMahon. It doesn't matter that the NBA happens to be theother party where the conflict lies. There's no debate that the NBA > WWE, but you can't force something as big as the WWE out of a"rented" space especially if it states in a contract that you have the rights to the arena for that given evening.

Vince McMahon is getting a lot of publicity for his product, and he's going to come out ahead regardless...he's got the NBA, their lawyers, etc trappedin a corner...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

but you can't force something as big as the WWE out of a "rented" space especially if it states in a contract that you have the rights to the arena for that given evening.

you can when you own the arena you're renting out AND the team that you need it for.
you'd think there'd be a pre emptive stipulation in the contract somewhere but if theres not.......

oh well.
we will see Denver vs. LA on Monday night.

If no stipulation is in the contract (which I doubt or this would've been resolved) the WWF does not have to move anything

you can when you own the arena you're renting out AND the team that you need it for.
you'd think there'd be a pre emptive stipulation in the contract somewhere but if theres not.......

oh well.
you'll also be seeing a lawsuit.

edit- i like kingjays idea, better yet, why don't they just play the game during the day? it's a holiday, everybody is going to be home, might as well.

Originally Posted by maldonado

but you can't force something as big as the WWE out of a "rented" space especially if it states in a contract that you have the rights to the arena for that given evening.

oh well.
Who owns the arena? I'm not talking about who has the naming rights, but are tax dollars going towards keeping it up and running? Ifyou're BINDED by a contract (w. no stipulations), then you have to honor it...Vince has the upper hand in this, and if the people at the Pepsi Centerattempt to pull a fast one, then the WWE lawyers are going to have a field day. It's pure incompetence on whoever didn't factor in a playoff run bythe Nuggets...

oh well.
if thats the case then i dont think mcmahon would make such a big deal of it

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

roll.gif
how funny that he expected denver out of the playoffs in the first or 2nd round, despite the fact that denver is a 2nd seed team
eyes.gif

smh.gif
at denver gettin no respect.
I have a feeling the nuggets will be earning some respect this series, expect it to go to 6-7 games possibly, with the lakeshow winning of course
wink.gif
Reading comprehension FTL. The article clearly states that the WWE event was booked back in August for next Monday. According to Vince, the WWE were able to get next week's date because the owners did not believe the Nuggets would be playing home games in late May.
Isn't that pretty much the same thing?

oh well.
Who owns the arena? I'm not talking about who has the naming rights, but are tax dollars going towards keeping it up and running? If you're BINDED by a contract (w. no stipulations), then you have to honor it...Vince has the upper hand in this, and if the people at the Pepsi Center attempt to pull a fast one, then the WWE lawyers are going to have a field day. It's pure incompetence on whoever didn't factor in a playoff run by the Nuggets...

Stan Kroenke, owner of both the Denver Nuggets AND the Pepsi Center.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

JR Smith VS MVP, in a swag match.
pimp.gif

roll.gif

And I wouldn't blame Kroenke for this one...I would blame it on the NBA schedule makers. If I were them, I just re-schedule game 3 (and the rest of theseries back a day).

Doesnt matter at all if a contract states that on May 25th the WWE has rented it out with his signature on it.

Vince is winning this for sure.

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

Doesnt matter at all if a contract states that on May 25th the WWE has rented it out with his signature on it.

[h1]Game 4 on Monday bumps WWE event from Pepsi Center[/h1]
Posted: 05/19/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

Updated: 05/19/2009 07:58:46 AM MDT

Related

LOS ANGELES - The Nuggets will indeed play at the Pepsi Center on Monday, even though they upset the wrong people - notably "The Animal," "The Legend Killer" and, most frightening of all, Vince McMahon.

The Pepsi Center originally booked a World Wrestling Entertainment "Monday Night Raw" event for Memorial Day, but with the Nuggets in the Western Conference finals, the Denver arena had to bump the wrestlers. The Nuggets and Lakers will play Game 4 of their series that night, according to Paul Andrews, executive vice president of Kroenke Sports Enterprises.

But McMahon, the WWE chairman, has a show to put on - as well as a live international broadcast- and now he has no venue.

"I'm up the creek and I don't have a paddle, either. I really don't know what to do," McMahon said Monday by phone. "We can't reschedule the event. We can't get out there as often as we would like for a television event, because we're the second-largest traveling show in the world to Ringling Brothers. The amount of equipment we have is extraordinary."

There have been 10,000 tickets sold to the event, and McMahon expects a sellout. WWE secured the Pepsi Center on Aug. 15 and as recently as April 15, a week before the Nuggets entered the playoffs, the arena sent a contract to WWE.

"There's no provision in the contract whatsoever that states we could be pre-empted," McMahon said. "We would have never played the date if we had known we could be pre-empted. We've been working around NBA dates for a long, long time, and had we known this was going to be something unceremoniously thrown out on, we never would have taken the date on a tentative basis. We don't do that."

Andrews said the Pepsi Center is working to reschedule the event.

As for McMahon, he will have to make a decision possibly in the next 24 hours about where to take his traveling show.

"I don't have any idea what I'm going to do, whether I'm going to produce a show out of a parking lot somewhere," he said. "I have no idea what's going to happen."

I can 100% guarantee the NBA and the Pepsi center will definitely be coming out of pocket for thisn especially if there is no pre-empted clause as Mcmahonstated.

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

[h1]Game 4 on Monday bumps WWE event from Pepsi Center[/h1]
Posted: 05/19/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

Updated: 05/19/2009 07:58:46 AM MDT

Related

LOS ANGELES - The Nuggets will indeed play at the Pepsi Center on Monday, even though they upset the wrong people - notably "The Animal," "The Legend Killer" and, most frightening of all, Vince McMahon.

The Pepsi Center originally booked a World Wrestling Entertainment "Monday Night Raw" event for Memorial Day, but with the Nuggets in the Western Conference finals, the Denver arena had to bump the wrestlers. The Nuggets and Lakers will play Game 4 of their series that night, according to Paul Andrews, executive vice president of Kroenke Sports Enterprises.

But McMahon, the WWE chairman, has a show to put on - as well as a live international broadcast- and now he has no venue.

"I'm up the creek and I don't have a paddle, either. I really don't know what to do," McMahon said Monday by phone. "We can't reschedule the event. We can't get out there as often as we would like for a television event, because we're the second-largest traveling show in the world to Ringling Brothers. The amount of equipment we have is extraordinary."

There have been 10,000 tickets sold to the event, and McMahon expects a sellout. WWE secured the Pepsi Center on Aug. 15 and as recently as April 15, a week before the Nuggets entered the playoffs, the arena sent a contract to WWE.

"There's no provision in the contract whatsoever that states we could be pre-empted," McMahon said. "We would have never played the date if we had known we could be pre-empted. We've been working around NBA dates for a long, long time, and had we known this was going to be something unceremoniously thrown out on, we never would have taken the date on a tentative basis. We don't do that."

Andrews said the Pepsi Center is working to reschedule the event.

As for McMahon, he will have to make a decision possibly in the next 24 hours about where to take his traveling show.

"I don't have any idea what I'm going to do, whether I'm going to produce a show out of a parking lot somewhere," he said. "I have no idea what's going to happen."

knowing vince and his ways...he'll find a way to screw the nuggets

^ Yep, he'll definitely try to screw the Nuggets somehow.
laugh.gif

Vince is a MASTER businessman.

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did attempt to have the show in the Pepsi parking lot.
laugh.gif

He'd look at it as a double-whammy. Screw up the parking for the Nuggets game as well as draw attention to his product.

But no matter what happens, this is a win-win for Vince.

Vince needs to put on a no-holds-barred Battle Royal basketball game! Jeff Hardy off the top of the backboard!
And look, even if you're not a wrestling fan, Kroenke was definitely in the wrong for this. I think there's nothing to dispute that. But I guess whenhe signed this contract, AI was still with the Nuggets so it only made sense
roll.gif

laugh.gif
this quote gets me everytime I read it....the whole "boo-hooing" "woe is me" approach
roll.gif
as smart as Vince is, you KNOW he has aplan. He's playing the sympathy card right now, because he knows he has the NBA & the folks that run the Pepsi center by the throat. I loved how hekept throwing around the word "pre-empted," and how he mentioned how much of a struggle it is to get their equipment running and what have you. Dudeis blatantly planting a seed here. Anyone that knows how cut-throat Vince is in a business sense knows that he's going to come out ahead in this wholeordeal. I can't wait to see where this goes from here...

laugh.gif
this quote gets me everytime I read it....the whole "boo-hooing" "woe is me" approach
roll.gif
as smart as Vince is, you KNOW he has a plan. He's playing the sympathy card right now, because he knows he has the NBA & the folks that run the Pepsi center by the throat. I loved how he kept throwing around the word "pre-empted," and how he mentioned how much of a struggle it is to get their equipment running and what have you. Dude is blatantly planting a seed here. Anyone that knows how cut-throat Vince is in a business sense knows that he's going to come out ahead in this whole ordeal. I can't wait to see where this goes from here...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

$#%+.

I'd do the same thing if I was in his shoes.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

^ Yep, he'll definitely try to screw the Nuggets somehow.
laugh.gif

Vince is a MASTER businessman.

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did attempt to have the show in the Pepsi parking lot.
laugh.gif

He'd look at it as a double-whammy. Screw up the parking for the Nuggets game as well as draw attention to his product.

But no matter what happens, this is a win-win for Vince.
yehh for sure...i see him having his guys and fans crash the game and bring attention to his program...backstage fights
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom