roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I love this thread and will probably watch Raw now
this thread is great
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
...brings me back to my wrestling fan days...i hope guys like stone cold/therock/brett hart/hogan and such crash game 4 man and cause havoc that would be something to die for (word to chris benoit) RIP

WWE Raw event will move to LA

DENVER - 9NEWS has learned through KNBC in Los Angeles that the WWE plans to hold its Memorial Day wrestling event at the STAPLES Centerafter a scheduling conflict at the Pepsi Center.
Dubbed the "Denver Debacle," a schedule conflict erupted after the Denver Nuggets advanced to the Western Conference Finals putting Game 4 of the seven game series on the same night, and location, as the World Wrestling Entertainment's Raw event: May 25 at the Pepsi Center.

Representatives from WWE will hold a news conference at 5 p.m. MT where they are expected to announce the change in venue.

KNBC says STAPLES Center representative Michael Roth confirmed the decision.

After the conflict was publicized, various arenas offered to host the WWE Raw event including Madison Square Garden inNew York City and the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, home of the Lakers.

The Denver Nuggets, down one game in the series, are set to take on the Lakers at the Pepsi Center on both Saturday and Monday evening.

WWE's Senior Manager for Public Relations, Adam Hopkins, declined to confirm the decision to move the event.

9NEWS has requested information on refunds from Kroenke Sports Enterprises, which owns the Pepsi Center and the Nuggets, and from Ticketmaster. Those callswere not immediately returned.

Refund information will be posted here when it becomes available.

(Copyright KUSA*TV with KNBC, All Rights Reserved)

i know Wrestling fans are hot. They need to give back more than a refund. Nuggets officials must have gave WWE some money to move. Cuz i wouldn't

that gif woulda been a lot better with Stan's picture. but it's still funny as all hell. good work.

and yeah, the move to LA thing seems like a spiteful reaction. you can't tell me that all of the major arenas in the Denver area were booked on a randomMonday night... Coliseum, Invesco, Performing Arts Complex/Convention Center, stock yards (lol), etc, etc, etc.

eek.gif
LA is owning DENVER right now we won.. and RAW is at our house..wow So what do these fans get? free tix?

so this means RAW wont ever be in Denver huh?

monday nght will be the loudest pop vinne mac EVER gets in los angeles when he walks into staples center with a kobe jersey on....

Originally Posted by socluis90

lol, i gota watch raw on monday

word...i cant wait to see what vince has in store for the fans in LA and for kroenke...its a bummer for the denver wwf fans though...its not their fault...butits really ironic that vince would pick the staples center for their broadcast
laugh.gif

Hmmmm....

I havent watched wrestling in 3 years and I havent been to a show in 7 but if they're promoting the LA show last minute maybe tickets will be dirt cheap.(Or does WWE have that strong of a fanbase?)

Originally Posted by JPTHE3

eek.gif
LA is owning DENVER right now we won.. and RAW is at our house..wow So what do these fans get? free tix?

so this means RAW wont ever be in Denver huh?
I could see Vince blackballing Denver like that.

I hope the Denver Nuggets organization refunded the ticket prices to the fans and pay for the tickets for the fans in Staples Center for Raw.

Vince McMahon spoke to 9News and once again seems to be considering legal action against Denver Nuggets and Pepsi Center owner Stan Kroenke. McMahon said: "It's really unfortunate because if he were just a regular business man and picked up the phone and said, 'Vince, you know, we're throwing you out but I want to make it right, what can we do?' I never heard from Kroenke, I don't know if anyone else has either, by the way, he's somewhat of a Howard Hughes guy I understand. I think our company has been damaged severely from a financial standpoint and from a psychological standpoint as well. You don't treat people the way Kroenke's management treated us. I'm not a litigious kind of guy, but quite frankly when we have a contract and we have over 10,000 tickets sold and you just say: we're out, and we're not going to do anything for you, you know we're not going to make any restitution. We may pay for your additional expenses, that's it. There could very well be a lawsuit down the road."

Back
Top Bottom