Virgil Abloh says Streetwear is going to die out

Oh is that what Virgil Abloh said???

31F4EB85-133F-4906-9359-511C889F0FCB.gif

84027C61-D1F6-43B7-A53B-F2E239CECD91.gif

lol at gatekeeping cultures and ideas by race. unsustainable. nobody, especially kids, cares.

I *** with any Hip Hop head rocking any rapper's shirt. As long as they're fans. Asians are huge supporters of Hip Hop too. But the kids that rock Supreme, day in, day out, probably never heard Fear of a Black Planet or Let's Get Free. But shoutout to Supreme and shoutout to older artists finding new ways to get money from kids who aren't part of their target demographic. I salute the hustle. Culturally it's ****ed but I salute the hustle.

I *** with any Hip Hop head rocking any rapper's shirt. As long as they're fans. Asians are huge supporters of Hip Hop too. But the kids that rock Supreme, day in, day out, probably never heard Fear of a Black Planet or Let's Get Free. But shoutout to Supreme and shoutout to older artists finding new ways to get money from kids who aren't part of their target demographic. I salute the hustle. Culturally it's ****ed but I salute the hustle.
semi related but public enemy played a small club here (hawaii) wayyy back in the day (professor griff was still in the group). stage was so small that terminator x had to be off the stage in a booth behind the crowd. anyway, my friends and i (mostly asian guys) were super hyped so we got there early and were in the front touching the stage. right before the show starts, a buncha black guys tried pushing us outta the way saying "this OUR show man". i just gripped the stage, held my ground, and ignored them but one of my friends ended up getting in a scuffle and ripped a gold chain off one of the dudes and threw it into the back of the crowd and got kicked out :lol:

Everybody looks the same now more than ever.

You really gotta be true to yourself right now since everyone else is styling themselves off ig, pinterest and whatever fits the models on fast fashion sites got on.

Why is it I'm supposed to think every Asian person is stylish no matter what they wear. Not hating just wondering, they get a pass to wear anything.

Asians are good at tabulating and organizing.

they are da world's collector of all things pop culture....Japan probably got a museum of any niche' u can think of .

Everybody looks the same now more than ever.

You really gotta be true to yourself right now since everyone else is styling themselves off ig, pinterest and whatever fits the models on fast fashion sites got on.
Regional style still exists, the differences aren’t as dramatic. NYC still timbs and goose jackets(iirc), Jordan’s still automatic freshness and it’s ok to randomly dress like a cowboy in Houston ect.

OFF WHITE has 49 frickin' stores????
all in HK / China / Korea / Japan

VA is doing it ... if you ask me lol

He doesn't have to worry because Asians love fresh stuff man

so yeah he coming for that Asia money that Supreme was after all those years

6 supreme stores in Japan for a country the size of Ca. for over 20 years .... and they pay more $$$ for Supreme over there

"street wear" as a commercialized genre been dead...da video basically is saying is as long as they're is utilitarian use for clothing and people will want to be fresh, and use said clothes as a expression of their style "street wear" as its original culmination will always be around.

aka Hiphop in da late 70's-early 80's...RUN DMC was da 1st group to go on stage and rock "street wear" instead of performance stage garb... they're credited for that.

da commericalization of that "street wear" is a brand marketing and selling clothes that capitalize on an existing look... thats almost all dead except for athleisure.

Hip hop/rap is pop. Dreads and tats are part of the starter pack.

Jay Z 50 years old and now he's tryna grow dreads. Son said F the old heads. I want the youth to embrace me. Even rapped about it

Want the old Jay z, buy his old albums

Why is it I'm supposed to think every Asian person is stylish no matter what they wear. Not hating just wondering, they get a pass to wear anything.
You feel that way ?

As an asian, I find myself saying at times"wtf are these fobs wearing?"

I remember in high school when there was a huge influx hk nationals immigrating here. They were on the skinny bellbottoms trend in the mid to late 90s while everyone else was into hip hop gear. As usual, anything u see fitted back then on a guy, first thing u think is how feminine it is.

Stupid claim by Virgil. Streetwear will always reign mostly because it's somewhat affordable compared to the high end/designer stuff.

Imo, the subjectivity of streetwear dies as it objectively makes lots of money.

In other words, the attitude, behavior, thoughts, feelings, appreciation and community will start to fade away as streetwear blows up more and more and becomes mainstream, earning so much revenue or profit.

The increase in reselling is leading alot of people in that direction. Some people just stop caring about sneakers, apparel, or the activity. They just care about the dollars.

But I wouldnt say streetwear will completely be gone. Its popular.

This is soo true. I remember back in 06-07 I went to ATL and dudes were out there dressed like
1576639806678.jpeg

And they could tell I was from NY with the True’s, Rock and Republic w the Pradas etc

:lol: Only a little more than a decade, mens are wearing tights now and ladies wearing leggings and spandex.

Can't believe this super 3xl sizing was a fad. Dipset was something else, but soulja boy? :lol:

Marvel Tees, video game tees, Levis, and some mid range nikes and u set...i believe Walmart stocks da aforementioned.
really? I mean, $50 to $80 outfit with that gold? or whatever ice? Not saying designer eveything, but I like a mix of moderate to higher priced apparel.

Back
Top Bottom