Virgil Abloh says Streetwear is going to die out

You feel that way ?

As an asian, I find myself saying at times"wtf are these fobs wearing?"

I remember in high school when there was a huge influx hk nationals immigrating here. They were on the skinny bellbottoms trend in the mid to late 90s while everyone else was into hip hop gear. As usual, anything u see fitted back then on a guy, first thing u think is how feminine it is.
I think so but probably referring more to the foreign ones.

really? I mean, $50 to $80 outfit with that gold? or whatever ice?

thats been super done forever on da east and west coast.

Screenshot%2B%252875%2529.png

army jacket, regular tee, cuban link. you doing it.

1472117708_43cb20c0a7838077d7605b2efb81410a.jpg

plain tee, fitted, jewels...u set.

im telling you, i copped a 96 DS pair of concords from HK promoshoes, wit my saint Michael chain...NO ONE cared about my kicks or outfit.

Yea, different era. Different now.

different era, same rules. i wear a champion hoodie wit my cuban link and some regular sweats and regular uptowns and im da ish versus someone wearing luxury European head to toe with no jewels.

why you think fast fashion took off da way it did?

Last edited:
Jewelry, in general, does outweigh apparel. I'll say that. Resources to make em are limited than clothes, and sneakers. Ice, rocks, watches, and metal are always on a higher level.

And Asians are clean AF when it comes to hygiene. They are sticklers for that. More people need to adopt that. Asians take care of their s*****. Never sloppy.

I HATE a boujie person who wants to drive luxury, live in luxury, but is just a straight slob with poor hygiene. I see it time and time again.

YOU CANNOT BE BOUJIE AND DIRTY/UNCLEAN. It’s an oxymoron. Doesn’t add up.

The Dead Prez collab is cloaked in Pan-African flags. Seeing anyone not Black wear it just looks silly.

I’m black and this is STUPID AF! When European designers had the renaissance painting, all over print looks going on, and baroque stuff, Black people wore.

Ya’ll gotta stop it

Mannn...you know how many black kids got on Guns N Roses shirts from Target right now? I don’t even see how we get mad at that type of thing.

exactly. And 2pac shirts, etc. that’s like saying don’t wear Jordan’s or the jumpman logo

I’m black and this is STUPID AF! When European designers had the renaissance painting, all over print looks going on, and baroque stuff, Black people wore.

Ya’ll gotta stop it
Did u really just compare none specific renaissance paintings that are open to interpretation to a very direct in meaning pan-african flag? Please don’t continue this, there’ll only be one person walking away not looking dumb. Please don’t.

1576715238063.png

Overall I always thought Kanye was stylistically overrated, but 08-09' Ye fashion sense was crazy. Idk what Don C got on, but he should've never put it one. Is little guy supposed to be in the picture? Props to leopard pants though, if you caught me in that fit I'd have to kill you. Somehow Mr. Bentley looks gayer than Leopard pants. I just realized that was Virgil lookin stupid. Shoutout to Kayla Braxton.
Damn is that really Virgil? looking like
images

Did u really just compare none specific renaissance paintings that are open to interpretation to a very direct in meaning pan-african flag? Please don’t continue this, there’ll only be one person walking away not looking dumb. Please don’t.

take off.... you first. Do you know how DUMB you’re about to sound... go ahead. THAT’S NO DAMN DIFFERENT THAN an African wearing an American flag. Dawg, please make an idiotic remark so I can finish you off. This man talking about flag wearing :lol: :lol:

Now we’re going to say who can wear what flag and whatnot?? Please elaborate. I’m WAITING.

renaissance paintings “open to interpretation”??? Bruh, those paintings were commissioned for a REASON. The whole movement has meaning. They commissioned those Sistine chapel paintings just “because” okay.

Drakes lame a*** wore a Hell’s Angels t-shirt.... I guess he shouldn’t wear it. Their brand and flag has a direct meaning. But I digress

Last edited:
take off.... you first. Do you know how DUMB you’re about to sound... go ahead. THAT’S NO DAMN DIFFERENT THAN an African wearing an American flag. Dawg, please make an idiotic remark so I can finish you off. This man talking about flag wearing :lol: :lol:

Now we’re going to say who can wear what flag and whatnot?? Please elaborate. I’m WAITING
Do u know what pan africanism is?

Do u know what pan africanism is?

yeah DUMMY! I been new about WEB Dubois, Marcus Garvey, black star line, etc.

WHATS YA POINT. You talking Pan Africanism then why yeeen gone back to Africa? Do you empower young brothers, or those of our ilk daily? Don’t get me started man. I know all about Nobel Drew Ali, Clarence 13x, etc.

Let me hear what you got

Last edited:
yeah DUMMY! I been new about WEB Dubois, Marcus Garvey, black star line, etc.

WHATS YA POINT. You talking Pan Africanism then why yeeen gone back to Africa? Do you empower young brothers, or those of our ilk daily? Don’t get me started man
Tell me when I said i was a pan-african. Tell me when. Please don’t be ho. You’re being a ho rn and it’s completely unnecessary. When I rock something that looks to have some type of symbolism and if it doesn’t fall in line w/ my beliefs I keep it moving. Stop being a ho.

Tell me when I said i was a pan-african. Tell me when. Please don’t be ho. You’re being a ho rn and it’s completely unnecessary. When I rock something that looks to have some type of symbolism and if it doesn’t fall in line w/ my beliefs I keep it moving. Stop being a ho.

key word... align with YOUR beliefs. You can’t tell someone what to wear :lol:

Personally, I am waiting for Klan gear to get hot with white people again. How much you wanna bet that Black people wont follow that?
2uot06a[1].png

Word. These FOB Asians be doing the most. Dudes legit throw on anything and it's considered avante garde. Like nah, that's just pure laziness. Dudes couldn't decide and have no imagination so they threw on whatever. I see dudes literally walking around looking like plastic bags. All black clothes that are baggy on their small frame. White people eat that up as fashion.

Word. These FOB Asians be doing the most. Dudes legit throw on anything and it's considered avante garde. Like nah, that's just pure laziness. Dudes couldn't decide and have no imagination so they threw on whatever. I see dudes literally walking around looking like plastic bags. All black clothes that are baggy on their small frame. White people eat that up as fashion.
You mad at them and what people think about them for what for what reason?

let them cook. Sound jealous and bitter right now.
there is a place for all supporters. The gate keeping is corny

You mad at them and what people think about them for what for what reason?

let them cook. Sound jealous and bitter right now.
there is a place for all supporters. The gate keeping is corny
No hate. I let them rock. Just not my steeze and not letting it dictate how I should dress because such and such says so

Marvel Tees, video game tees, Levis, and some mid range nikes and u set...i believe Walmart stocks da aforementioned.

:lol: @ u tryna slide in the cappery of Wal-Mart selling Levi's and Jordans (physical Wal-Marts not that new diet eBay **** they doing)

Back
Top Bottom