Vote Monta Ellis into the All-Star Game!!!!

Just talking about the West, Kevin Love AND Blake Griffin were in the ASG last year and both their teams sucked. We already know about Blake's supporting cast, and Minn was worse than Golden State, and they had Beasley, Johnson, Webster all contributing. Love prob gonna go again with D. Williams and Rubio, so he at least has a supporting cast. The only guy worth a damn on the Warriors has rubber bands for ankle tendons. But still no love.

Again I have to ask, how many of you actually WATCH the games? I would probably think like you guys did if I didn't watch any games he played and went by stats and highlights to determine how good he is

When making this thread you have to remember that most of NT watches him play maybe twice a year when he comes to their team's town and people also like to discredit him simply for the team he plays for.

Originally Posted by illwill24

Just talking about the West, Kevin Love AND Blake Griffin were in the ASG last year and both their teams sucked. We already know about Blake's supporting cast, and Minn was worse than Golden State, and they had Beasley, Johnson, Webster all contributing. Love prob gonna go again with D. Williams and Rubio, so he at least has a supporting cast. The only guy worth a damn on the Warriors has rubber bands for ankle tendons. But still no love.

Again I have to ask, how many of you actually WATCH the games? I would probably think like you guys did if I didn't watch any games he played and went by stats and highlights to determine how good he is
Your point is invalid.
Love was a replacement pick. The entire weekend was pretty much centered around Blake Griffin...so even if you disagree with his selection...him being there made sense. There's also less comp at the 4 in the West for them to make the team. They had to beat out ZBO and Lamarcus.

Monta Ellis would have had to beat out Westbrook, Deron, or Manu. All who were undoubtedly having better seasons on better teams.

I understand the fanboyism and how Warrior fans on this board are but there alot of crap teams with star players that don't get the nod so why are we acting like Monta Ellis is special in this regard?

I wanted him in it last year.

Didn't he miss that shot you posted though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

I understand the fanboyism and how Warrior fans on this board are but there alot of crap teams with star players that don't get the nod so why are we acting like Monta Ellis is special in this regard?
Examples?

Good players on bad teams make the All Star teams all the time............. Monta is right up there...

pimp.gif

Agreed.  This year he's doing it all but he's actually not even playing as good as he was LAST year. 

He's gonna make it this year. With Manu hurt, there's Kobe, Westbrook, and Paul for shoe-ins. Who is a better guard in the West other than Ellis and those three?

I can see him. Before him at guard this is just Kobe, Cp3, and Westbrook. Kyle Lowry could have been in the conversation prior to missing games with the foot injury

don't do it!

this guy is a bona-fide scrub. a volume scorer with no regard for efficiency or his teammates.

He's gonna make it this year. With Manu hurt, there's Kobe, Westbrook, and Paul for shoe-ins. Who is a better guard in the West other than Ellis and those three?

I think Rubio will definitely get a bunch of votes. I'd say Harden would too but he's a write-in candidate.
Edit: Hold up......they got my man Harden as a Forward? Wow. He could have had a chance too as a Guard.

Didn't know it would be this much hate for Monta. Objectively, he deserves it, but he likely won't make it.
Was going to vote for him anyway.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I think Rubio will definitely get a bunch of votes. I'd say Harden would too but he's a write-in candidate.
Edit: Hold up......they got my man Harden as a Forward? Wow. He could have had a chance too as a Guard.

Rubio?
laugh.gif

I wouldn't vote him an all-star, but a lot of people are just ignorant about their reasoning for not voting.

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Monta deserves to be in the AS game. Should have been in it last year
my dude was
pimp.gif
last year.  singlehandedly made going to GSW games last year exciting (well aside from seeing Jeremy Lin babysit the bench)

this dude monta is playing damn near 40+ minutes a night in back-to-back games, and still has the legs to carry the team. don't get me wrong, this dude's shot % has been terrible, but whose percentage would be good if they were being triple teamed? kobe's shooting has been just as porous, not to mention he's got two other scoring bigs in the low post to pass it to. 10 games into the season and folks already writing monta off?

the naysayers disappoint me.

Back
Top Bottom