• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sick of ios, about to make the switch the dark side.
Went to the AT&T store ready to give my money for an GS3, but the guy helping me showed me the new HTC One X+ and basically said it ***** all over the GS3.
Now I'm confused :lol: Any recommendations?

Sick of ios, about to make the switch the dark side.
Went to the AT&T store ready to give my money for an GS3, but the guy helping me showed me the new HTC One X+ and basically said it ***** all over the GS3.
Now I'm confused :lol: Any recommendations?

One X+ is faster than the GS3. GS3 has expandable storage and more gimmick, but sometimes useful, features.

It really depends it you like HTC Sense UI or not. Personally after having 2 HTC phones...I hate it, but if you can tolerate it I'd go with the One X+

GS3 also has a removable battery opposed to the One X+. Although you coming from an iphone you're used to not having a removable battery. Skip both and get that Note 2.

Last edited:
^Joint is too gigantic though :lol: or is it something you get used to?
Not really familiar with the HTC ui, so I'm not too sure what to get.
GS3, X+, or note 2. Any more suggestions? Thanks fambs :nthat:

Possibly replacing the Nexus line. Sounds promising
Yep. The whole point of the nexus line was to help Andriod Phone makers make phones the Google's "standard". It helped alot of them out because after each made a Nexus the rest of their phones got better.
HTC after the One
Samsung after the S
Now LG made the Optimus which is a more packed Nexus 4.

They now own Motorola so now its Motos turn and it should be a good one. If they can keep the $300-$400 price tag it will be another winner.

^Joint is too gigantic though :lol: or is it something you get used to?
GS3, X+, or note 2. Any more suggestions? Thanks fambs :nthat:

Could get a Nexus 4 if you're bout that off-contract life.

There's also the Optimus G, BUT LG is notorious for being extra dumb slow with their software updates, so personally I wouldn't mess with it.

I agree with you on the Note 2 though :lol: It didn't even fit in my pocket and I don't wear skinny jeans.

^:lol: Thanks, after doing some research I think I'ma roll with the X+

dont go with htc. u will be dissapointed.

either go siii or if u can handle the note 2 which is big but u will love the extra screen space

The ppl next to me are talking bout my note 2 in spanish little do they know i comprende :lol:

Other day i used gps for about 2-3 hours and batter went down only like 20%

bruh you shouldve just called someone and spoke to them in spanish i wouldve been in tears :rofl:

:lol: i wish u gave me this idea earlier it woulda been hilariouss

I copped a Diztronic case for my OG. Such high quality for such a low price, I'm really surprised. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a case.

i picked up one for my gs3. its for xmas tho :tongue:

Cant wait. I have the oem sammy thin cases right now

Last edited:
either go siii or if u can handle the note 2 which is big but u will love the extra screen space
laugh.gif
i wish u gave me this idea earlier it woulda been hilariouss
There's nothing wrong with HTC.  Their phones are solid, and they have, on average, the fastest updates of all the manufacturers.  The OneX+ is a powerful phone with the best camera and one of the best screens in the smartphone game right now.  He definitely wouldnt be disappointed. 

^Joint is too gigantic though
laugh.gif
or is it something you get used to?
GS3, X+, or note 2. Any more suggestions? Thanks fambs
nthat.gif
You'd be surprised but you will end up getting used to it. After using one for 10 min I went back to my 4.7 inch screen and it felt like a toy. If you want the best Android experience go with the Nexus 4. You can get it off contract.

:lol: i wish u gave me this idea earlier it woulda been hilariouss

Dissapointed tho? That's a solid phone.

I don't know about that, it's a good phone. Definitely on par with the S3. Depends on what you're looking for in a phone and whether or not he needs expandable memory, removable battery, etc.

Last edited:
LG Optimus G is the goods fam. You won't regret the decision. The OG is the best phone on AT&T, even better than the Note II. Yeah I said it.

It's basically a Nexus with LTE and expandable storage. Yes, it isn't Jelly Bean but it is just as fast. The knock about LG being slow with updates is true, but JB is supposed to come out Q1 2013, so if you take their word for it the latest it will be out is April. This might be foreign language to you since you're coming from iOS, but development for custom ROMs is gonna pick up real soon so if you plan on rooting you could get the 4.2 update sooner rather than later.

Rooted the GS3 :pimp:

But .. what's the difference between "Original" and not original development ...

Ive had both the one x and note 2 and can say te note 2 is superior but if he wants the htc then by all means buy it

Rooted the GS3
pimp.gif

But .. what's the difference between "Original" and not original development ...
On XDA, the Original Development section is usually for roms built directly from source code by the developers(look up AOSP, etc).  The other section is for roms that another developer built, but that developer added their own tweaks/themes/etc to.  This also applies to tweaked versions of the stock roms.  The roms in either section are all good for their own reasons.  
Just test em out and find what you like and whats best for you.

Rooted the GS3 :pimp:

On XDA, the Original Development section is usually for roms built directly from source code by the developers(look up AOSP, etc).  The other section is for roms that another developer built, but that developer added their own tweaks/themes/etc to.  This also applies to tweaked versions of the stock roms.  The roms in either section are all good for their own reasons.  

Just test em out and find what you like and whats best for you.

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification.

I'm on 4.1.1 right now, do I have do download anything before I install the rom? I see most of them are 4.1.2 or 4.2.

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification.
I'm on 4.1.1 right now, do I have do download anything before I install the rom? I see most of them are 4.1.2 or 4.2.
I'm not really familiar with the S3 like that, but if you are rooted, did you install a recovery(ClockworkMod, TWRP, etc)?  If so, just boot to recovery, backup, wipe, then flash the rom.  Just make sure that the rom is compatible with your specific model S3.  Go here for more info http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1911726

Also, I'm sure one of the S3 owners in this thread can help you better than I can.

Hmm thanks for the input fambs.
The multi view on the Note 2 looks dope as hell, too bad the update isn't out for att yet.

how many games are you playing? Why not get s 3ds for gaming on the go.
Typed from my nexus 7
I just have a lot of Android games that I like to play. Vice City, Modern Combat 4, Granny Smith, GTA3, Nova 3, Dead Trigger etc.

I am also a student

Last edited:
Anyone else read about the Google X phone releasing next year? It a phone they designing and building themselves after purchasing Motorola mobile. Rumor has it all the function from the current and pass nexus were just prototype.... Got this from the NeoGaf forum, dudes there hyping it up like crazy already.

Yeah some dude posted the info in the previous page. It'll probably be announced at Google I/O next year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom