• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Those $3 S-Line TPU cases off ebay are straight money. Only thing is stay away from the clear ones cause they'll yellow after a few months.

Stay Lurkin, Did you get that case off eBay? I've seen a ton of them up there and the price is so low I figured it was probably a waste. I find it quite pleasing how portable this N7 is. I was having a little buyer's remorse because I passed on the N10 but I like that I can easily take the N7 anywhere and it not look out of place

For anyone with a N7 or N10 who plans on doing relatively heavy stuff I would recommend this Poetic case (Bluetooth Keyboard included)

I got two Poetic cases for my DNA and one for my iPad, best stuff for the price.

Those $3 S-Line TPU cases off ebay are straight money. Only thing is stay away from the clear ones cause they'll yellow after a few months.

Stay Lurkin, Did you get that case off eBay? I've seen a ton of them up there and the price is so low I figured it was probably a waste. I find it quite pleasing how portable this N7 is. I was having a little buyer's remorse because I passed on the N10 but I like that I can easily take the N7 anywhere and it not look out of place
I just bought mine from Amazon. It was 35 I believe. I was a little sketched out and gambled a lil but am shocked at how good it is/works

Last edited:
[h1]Leaks suggest LG 'Optimus G Pro' coming with faster CPU, bigger battery, 1080p screen[/h1]

By Alex Dobie   | Jan 18 2013 | 10:58 am  | 22 COMMENTS

optproo600-1358503455-1.jpg

The Optimus G  might be just a few months old, but LG may already have a successor in the works, if the latest round of leaked information is to be believed. The image above was sent toEngadget  by an anonymous tipster, and it appears to show an "Optimus G Pro"  device headed to Japanese carrier NTT Docomo. Adding weight to those reports is a list of specs on Japanese site Blog of Mobile, one that matches the details shown in this image.

If all of this is accurate, we're looking at a slightly upgraded Optimus G with a 5-inch, 1920x1080 (full HD) screen, a 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro CPU (up from 1.5GHz), 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage and a massive 3000mAh battery. And with measurements of 139.0x70.0x10.0mm and a weight of 160 grams, we're looking at a lot of smartphone here. On the software side, an Android 4.1-based OS is rumored.

Big-screen, high resolution devices look set to become commonplace at the high end of the Android smartphone spectrum in 2013. We've already seen Verizon's Droid DNA, Sony's Xperia Zand Huawei's Ascend D2, and HTC and Samsung are rumored to have new designs based on "full HD" panels in the works.

The Optimus G Pro is reportedly fitted with a 13MP rear camera and 2.4MP front-facer, and it appears the position of the camera assembly's been changed a bit too. One small shot of the phone's rear shows it placed centrally, as opposed to in the top left corner. Also significant is the change back to a physical home button, similar to the Optimus L series (and the Samsung Galaxy S2 before that.) You'll recall the original Optimus G featured all-capacitive keys.

If LG does have a refreshed "Optimus G Pro" in the works, Mobile World Congress  would be the likely announcement venue. The company announced more than half a dozen phones there last year, What's more, its French wing has already confirmed  a European Optimus G launch for March, so it's possible we might see the G Pro launching alongside the original in these new territories. Whatever happens, we'll be on the ground in Barcelona in just over five weeks to bring you full coverage of the show.

Source: EngadgetBlog of Mobile

Those of ya with the N4 what case are you using? Been waiting for the bumper case to go back in stock
I use the offical bumper when I'm not working. At work I use this: Amazon product ASIN B009Y0ZZD4
I also use a glass protector for the rear only. It's really useful when I use the bumper case because it makes the slippery glass back a lot more grippy, and I don't have to worry about the glass getting scratched. I use XtremeGuard: Amazon product ASIN B00AA281D6
I can't use screen protectors on the actual screen though, I hate how it feels. 

And I already dropped my N4 from about 3 feet and the official bumper case did a great. My phone is still perfect. 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Anyone have an international phone?

I'm using one from Asia right now and it's on 4.1.1. If I want to update, do I go by that country's firmware, or the US?

I'm using one from Asia right now and it's on 4.1.1. If I want to update, do I go by that country's firmware, or the US?

dont think it will affect the functionality of your phone. I've used both US-firmware phones abroad and European/Asian firmware in the US. It has to do more with language/interface.

Last edited:

dont think it will affect the functionality of your phone. I've used both US-firmware phones abroad and European/Asian firmware in the US. It has to do more with language/interface.

Actually, the U.S. firmware probably won't work because the U.S. doesn't use i9300 huh ..

Cause I was just going to download another country's 4.2 or 4.1.2 firmware. I'm assuming that'll work?

Last edited:
Anyone ever put T-mobile prepaid service on hold for a couple months? I've got Air Force basic training coming up in April so i won't be able to touch my phone for two months. Don't know how prepaid works as far as putting service. Is it just like a regular contract plan where i can call and say the dates i want to hold my service? Might just pay the two months worth so when i get out my phone is working without having to call them but it's kind of a waste of money.

Hopefully Sony has learned from that Sony Ericsson debacle and starts releasing their phones in a timely fashion.

They always made good phones but would wait to long too release them....the OS and specs would be outdated by the time the handsets hit the streets.

If the Z/ZL is released next month or early March it will be my next phone.

It looks like everything that I currently want from a smartphone. Top of the line specs, design and OS.

Last edited:
anyone want to recommend any goop apps or games for the note 2?

Zplayer (nice widget )
Youtube (nice widget )
Flipboard (GREAT widget)
Samurai II vengance
N.O.V.A. 2/3
Shadowgun
Pulse or Taptu
Twicca (twitter app that doesn't drain much battery or resource_
Evernote
Tune In Radio
Beyondpod

Last edited:
Anyone else suffer from the dreaded Media Server battery drain problem? It occurs sometimes, and it will use like 36% of my battery. I barely even listen to music on my phone, I can't find a fix. Problem is all over the XDA forums :smh:

Don't know if I'm late, but my Galaxy Note 10.1 upgraded to Jellybean today.

[h2]Samsung rumored to be launching enormous smartphone with ridiculous name in Europe[/h2]

By Richard Devine   | Jan 20 2013 | 5:50 pm  | 7 COMMENTS

samsung-ifa.jpg

Leak season continues, and we're back with Samsung this time around. Sammobile, a usually reliable source of all things Samsung, claims to have received word of a 5.8 inch smartphone from the Korean OEM destined for Europe. The reported name is, ready for this? The Samsung Galaxy Fonblet. 

The device is said to be loosely based around the Samsung Galaxy Player 5.8 PMP  that was launched in Korea, only with cellular capabilities. The Galaxy Player 5.8 has a qHD display, and a 3MP rear camera. The bad news is that Sammobile  claims the Fonblet is supposed to have the same display. So we're not looking at a high-end, Note 2 beating device. Additionally, it's expected to have dual-sim capabilities -- suggesting emerging European markets might be the target here -- and will come in white. Feels a lot like parts recycling though, if we're honest. 

Source: Sammobile

Back
Top Bottom