Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
getting tired of my note 2

so today i formatted my memory card on my phone through the settings and now its unreadable by the phone

any tips to fix it?
currently formatting the long wway to see if it works

Last edited:
[h1]Sony announces the quad-core, 10-inch Tablet Z[/h1]

By Jerry Hildenbrand   | Jan 20 2013 | 9:41 pm  | 14 COMMENTS

tablet-z.jpg

Sony Mobile has announced the Android 4.1-powered Xperia Tablet Z, right as we expected  them to do so. The specs also match last week's rumors, with a few extra surprises thrown in. The Tablet Z comes equipped with a 10.1-inch WUXGA (1920 x 1200) display complete with the Mobile Bravia Engine 2, 2 GB of RAM, 32 GB of on device storage, a microSD card slot, NFC, and an 8.1 MP Exmor R camera. Providing the juice for all this is the Qualcomm quad-core APQ8064 processor clocked at 1.5 GHz, with an LTE modem on board for the ride. As rumored, the Tablet Z is also extremely thin (6.9 mm) as well as water and dust proof like it's slightly smaller cousin the Xperia Z.

What we don't know is pricing and availability. Hopefully we get word at Mobile World Congress next month if not earlier. We'll keep an eye out and let you know when Sony has anything further to tell us all. We've got a picture of the rear after the break.

Source: Sony Mobile  (Japan)

2tablet-z.jpg

For my Verizon note 2 peeps, there's a vzw software upgrade available. Go to settings> about phone> check new updates.

talked to my boy on ATT... and he's like "man... i'm not diggin this nexus 4"

me: *automatically start negotiating buying prices in my head* "what's wrong widdit, famb?

homey: i dunno. speeds arent nearly as fast as LTE... and i keep dropping calls and stuff. i think its cuz its an unlocked phone. i know it'll work better w/ tmobile

me: so you gonna let me cop?

homey: yeah... i'm trying to get close to what i paid, $400 for it... i'll prolly let it go for the tree fiddy, doe...

me: fugg w/ me...

might be getting that nexus 4... eff the note 2 brah...

Lol man technology is peaking, aint that much more that can be done, Im thinking about picking it tomorrow from verizon, but I know I will end up complaining about the camera since its the same as the s3, and the s4 is gonna drop soon, and then I`ll prob try to cop that until the 5s. I`m even thinking about copping a flip phone on ebay and adding it to my plan just to have another upgrade available this year. Even was looking at the droid DNA. The thing I hate about android is that they will announce a phone now and wont release for another 3-4 months and but then the next device is being announced.

Lol man technology is peaking, aint that much more that can be done, Im thinking about picking it tomorrow from verizon, but I know I will end up complaining about the camera since its the same as the s3, and the s4 is gonna drop soon, and then I`ll prob try to cop that until the 5s. I`m even thinking about copping a flip phone on ebay and adding it to my plan just to have another upgrade available this year. Even was looking at the droid DNA. The thing I hate about android is that they will announce a phone now and wont release for another 3-4 months and but then the next device is being announced.

i love that because i get bored after a couple months of using the same device.

im way too hyped for that xperia z but im on contract with sprint :smh:

just might skip the nexus 4 and go for the SONY Z GSM. Highly doubt Sony will make cdma phone for the us markets like Verizon or Sprint. Just gonna root and rom for that pure android feel.

imo the Sony Z should have been "NEXUS 4"

just might skip the nexus 4 and go for the SONY Z GSM. Highly doubt Sony will make cdma phone for the us markets like Verizon or Sprint. Just gonna root and rom for that pure android feel.

imo the Sony Z should have been "NEXUS 4"

What carrier you rolling with? Prepaid?

Anyone else suffer from the dreaded Media Server battery drain problem? It occurs sometimes, and it will use like 36% of my battery. I barely even listen to music on my phone, I can't find a fix. Problem is all over the XDA forums :smh:

I get this from time to time. Not sure what I can do about it :smh:

How is Sprint service in general? Amazon wireless is offering the Note II for $99.00 and Galaxy S3 for $0.01.. I might just leave t-mobile

[h1]Fresh HTC 'M7' images emerge showing new version of Sense[/h1]

By Alex Dobie   | Jan 21 2013 | 5:27 am  | 28 COMMENTS

We’ve seen a few renders claiming to show HTC’s next flagship Android phone of late -- first an image based on an on-device animation, then another mock-up render did the rounds on Twitterand elsewhere over the weekend. These latest images, however, could be the most accurate yet.

Today’s shots come from Android Police, which received them via an anonymous tipster claiming to have access to HTC’s next big thing, a phone currently known only by the codename “M7.” Based on the images, the device looks to share many design cues with the Windows Phone 8X and Droid DNA  -- a primarily squarish design, with rounded corners and a rounded back. Interestingly, it seems HTC has swapped the location of the home and task switching button on this device -- home is now on the far right, and task-switching now lives in the middle.

Alongside these photos, screenshots from the device show what’s said to be HTC Sense 5.0, the next version of HTC’s Android UI. If this is an accurate representation of what’s next from HTC, 2013’s version of Sense certainly looks more minimalist than earlier iterations -- the bright colors and faux 3D effects that’ve previously characterized Sense are nowhere to be seen here. There are new icons, new widgets, and what seems to be predetermined widget areas for social media updates, news and tutorials. The UI is also watermarked with “HTC Confidential” and a unique code, and Sense and Android versions marked as “protected.” Both are hallmarks of pre-release HTC software.

On the whole, these images look pretty promising. But we still have no way of knowing where in the prototyping process this device lies, and how close it is to the finished product. Certain anomalies, like the excessive bezel, derivative design and lack of regulatory info on the back suggest that the finished product might look a little different. Nevertheless, it’s our best indication yet as to what might be next from HTC. We’ll likely find out more at Mobile World Congress 2013, where the company is expected to officially announce the M7.

Source: Android Police

[h1]Production line leak claims to show 6.44-inch screen for Sony device[/h1]

By Alex Dobie   | Jan 21 2013 | 12:38 pm  | 5 COMMENTS

sony-big-phone-lead.jpg

In late 2012 rumors were circulating that Sony was hard at work at a 6-inch-plus large form factor Android phone. If the latest leaked image from China is to be believed, such a device could soon be on the way. The shot above comes from Chinese forum Digi-wo,  and was posted by a member claiming that it's a part from a 6.44-inch, 1080p Sony smartphone/tablet device.

There's no way of verifying the image, except to say that the setting certainly looks like a traditional production line leak, complete with sterile-looking background and protective gloves. The screen itself sure looks large, but with nothing for scale it's difficult to get an idea of its exact size. In any case, some quick Photoshoppery reveals to us that it is indeed a 16:9 panel. Also, the lack of physical buttons suggests it's an Android device, though it doesn't match any Sony phone we're familiar with.

With 5-inch smartphones set to become increasingly commonplace this year, manufacturers look set to push things even further in the large smartphone space. At CES a couple of weeks ago we saw  Huawei attempt to gain traction with the 6.1-inch Ascend Mate. And rumors persist that Samsung will target a 6.3-inch screen size for the successor to its Galaxy Note 2.

If this is an upcoming Sony smartphone that's already starting to roll off production lines, chances are we might see it first at Mobile World Congress  in late February. Naturally, we'll be there to bring you live coverage.

Source: Digi-wo; via: Engadget

How is Sprint service in general? Amazon wireless is offering the Note II for $99.00 and Galaxy S3 for $0.01.. I might just leave t-mobile

Trash, in Saint Louis, MO anyway............about to drop sprint and use T-Mobiles network through Straight Talk......faster and cheaper.

^^^ Ive also been looking at the Note 2 for tmo.
Just be a little more patient. Im waiting for the yearly Valentines day say @ t-mobile.
If you absolutely need a phone this instant, newegg has the cheapest Note2 price @ $280 with 2yr extension.

6+" screen is just uncalled for. That's damn near the size of a dvd case.
Where will these devices be stored? In your pocket? Belt clip holder? Just hold it in your hand all day?

I don't understand the purpose.

If apple was smart, they would just come out with an ipad mini - phone version at this rate. Just to compete in this genre.

Where will these devices be stored? In your pocket? Belt clip holder? Just hold it in your hand all day?

I don't understand the purpose.

If apple was smart, they would just come out with an ipad mini - phone version at this rate. Just to compete in this genre.
apple is smart, thats why they wont.

and just like that the DNA is nothing lol.

And Samsung got its rank up by releasing on all carriers, Sony is dumb if they dont do what ever it takes to land on every carrier. But they dont have much pull because they are trying to earn stripes. The GS2 and Note 1 earned Samsung long needed credibility to be able to pull off what they did with the Note 2 and SG3

So I've been using FoxFi a lot lately and yesterday I received an email from AT&T basically saying they've noticed and if I don't stop using it by the end of the month, they're gonna automatically add a tethering option to my plan for an additional $50-65 per month! Anyone else experience this?

Back
Top Bottom