• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
was good with da GNex5 my doods? I need a new phone this weekend...Might end up copping da 5s :smh:
Do it.. Buy it and when the N5 drops if you ain't feeling da 5s sell it on craigslist and it will pay for your 32gb N5 and you'll have money to pocket.

Last edited:
 [h1]First true octa-core smartphone unveiled[/h1]
19 October, 2013 | Comments (1)  | Post your comment

Tags: Android

big2.jpg

MediaTek was the first to announce  a chipset with a true octa-core processor back in June and now the first phone utilizing it has gone official. The UMI X2S broke cover at the Autumn Edition of Hong Kong Electronics Fair.

All of UMI’s phones are intended for the Chinese market and that’s why you’ve probably never heard of the brand. The UMI latest X2S smartphone is powered by MT6592 chipset with an octa-core Cortex-A7 1.5GHz processor and 2GB of RAM. There is no word on the GPU, but when the MT6592 got benchmarked  it was rocking a Mali-450, so that's probably it.

The rest of the UMI X2S specs include a 5” 1080p display, 32GB internal storage, a 13MP camera with Sony lens, and NFC connectivity. Since MG6592 is LTE-capable, we guess the X2S should be LTE-enabled as well.

There is no info on the pricing and availability yet, but the gadget is supposed to be very affordable, despite its fancy CPU.

MediaTek was indeed the first one to design and release a true octa-core chip and will probably remain the only one for a while as early hopes  of Samsung enabling 8-core processing on its Exynos 5 Octa via a firmware update were squashed. And the revised Exynos 5 is unlikely to make it in actual hardware before the Galaxy S5 comes around next year.

Source  | Via

Currently have the Nexus 4 16GB (T-Mobile) but I think I want to switch it up. Want a better camera and more storage (64 GB via internal or expandable memory). Love everything about the HTC One but the camera specs. Looking at the G2 too. Think I may just hold off until the S5... Any word on a HTC One successor for the near future?

Currently have the Nexus 4 16GB (T-Mobile) but I think I want to switch it up. Want a better camera and more storage (64 GB via internal or expandable memory). Love everything about the HTC One but the camera specs. Looking at the G2 too. Think I may just hold off until the S5... Any word on a HTC One successor for the near future?
If you want bigger storage you gonna have to roll with one of Sammy's devices because they're like the only ones who still allow expandable storage via sdcards

Same thing happened to my note.
Just the screen this guy wanted 90 to repair.
My etf is 108. And the deductible is 200. Im about to cancel sprint and head over to tmobile and pick up the note 3. :pimp:
Btw I used the Samsung mega at work that **** is nasty :x
Not that big in comparison to the note but if it had the note 3 specs I would cop in a heartbeat.

If its like the s3 it only cost $15 for the glass in Amazon or eBay. I repaired my s3 glass myself. U need a heat gun or blow dryer

Might go cop the note 3 today.. I need mass memory cause I record a lot of videos and run through memory like it ain't no joke

Even though there is no development going on just might say to hell with it and roll stock with it.. Like it due to massive battery and expandable storage

Same thing happened to my note.
Just the screen this guy wanted 90 to repair.
My etf is 108. And the deductible is 200. Im about to cancel sprint and head over to tmobile and pick up the note 3. :pimp:
Btw I used the Samsung mega at work that **** is nasty :x
Not that big in comparison to the note but if it had the note 3 specs I would cop in a heartbeat.

If its like the s3 it only cost $15 for the glass in Amazon or eBay. I repaired my s3 glass myself. U need a heat gun or blow dryer
Yeah they said it's the same. Just obviously a bigger screen. How did you do the leds on the bottom?
I saw the screen with the tools on ebay for about 8 bucks. Glass
How did it come out? Came on good as new?
Im thinking on replacing myself take it to sprint and tell em my phone bugging so I can get a replacement.

Last edited:
I am jealous :frown:

I want the N3 bad. Money extra tight.

I played with the N3 today at BB and I liked how solid it felt compared to the N2 that felt flemsy to me. N3 is a good buy but in all honesty performed no Diff than the S4 to me.
I don't think it is that much faster at this point with where we're at. You probably won't be able to tell a difference between the 600 and 800.. The only reason I like it is the massive battery that can easily get a day with heavy use and it doesn't hurt to have a 5.7

Last edited:
I don't think it is that much faster at this point with where we're at. You probably won't be able to tell a difference between the 600 and 800.. The only reason I like it is the massive battery that can easily get a day with heavy use and it doesn't hurt to have a 5.7

thats why I was LOL when dudes in here were crying about the One Max, I`m like all half you dudes do is watch videos and get on social networks.

And the N3 feels sooo much better than the N2, like I really hated the N2 with how big and cheap it felt, the N3 felt good in the hand I won't lie.

To those with the HTC one, have you rooted your phone, and if so is it worth it? Also Is there a one click Root method available for the HTC one?

What phone is that? I get around 3.5-4.5 hours of screen time and anywhere from 13-28 (usually 15) hours of battery overall out of my S3.

Back
Top Bottom