• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea I have the 16gb, and that was one of the main reasons I kept leaving the TW based ROMs. I got tired of the alerts about running out of space even if I was moving apps to the SD card. I have a 32gb card. 

The 4.4.2 ROMs are 
smokin.gif
 though

When Waterproofing goes wrong :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apparently someone is getting sacked for not telling the CEO in the video that you can't submerge the phone.

I wonder why HTC decided to skip MWC and wait a month to announce they m8. Hopefully this means there working out the production details and will get it to the market quick like they planned on doing last year.
It is strange,
I can't believe they would run into similar problems like last year though.

Cant believe people are complaining about the S5 phone looking the same. Glad Samsung phone is focusing on adding features.
Most of the complaints I've seen are do with the material as well. A lot of people were expecting premium materials. Still, there are many rumours pointing to a S5.1 later on this year with a metallic body.

Didn't eem know that... I been eyeing the sony line on the sly but they fully have my attention now. Won't be til middle of the year when the z2 makes it stateside though. Wonder how much the unlocked version is going to cost..

It'll be Sony's first proper attack on the US market so I can see them being competitive on pricing especially since they'll launch after the S5 in the states but I won't get my hopes up though. It's launching at £599 over here.

Last edited:
also, 
[h1]Google Now Launcher Arrives on Google Play for Nexus and GPE Devices[/h1]
Screen-Shot-2014-02-26-at-10.31.28-AM.png

Remember when the launcher on the Nexus 5  turned into the Google Now Launcher? We told you at the time that its appearance on the Play store as an app for everyone was likely imminent  as it included a way to import settings from your old launcher. Guess what? It arrived today, though it’s not yet for everyone just yet.

The app is indeed just like the launcher that exclusively launched with the Nexus 5 in that it makes Google Now only a swipe away. If turned on, a simple swipe from the left will bring over Google Now, so that you can keep track of your life.

At this time, the listing claims that it is only available for Nexus or Google Play Edition devices running Android 4.4. So yes, the Nexus 10 and 7 can now officially enjoy this new beautiful launcher.

Play Link

I think they're in a position where they can't take chances. So I'm pretty confident that the M8 is going to be close to flawless.

Via Androidcentral.com

HTC One wins GSMA's top smartphone of the year at Mobile World Congress

We're all patiently awaiting HTC's March 25 events in London and New York, where it's all but official that we'll get a new version of one of our favorite smartphones of the past year. (We did get a smaller announcement this week, with the Desire 816.) But today, at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, HTC's current (and very much still relevant) flagship is receiving a pretty major accolade by the GSMA, the group that puts on this little show that we call MWC.

The HTC One wins "Best Smartphone," breaking Samsung's two-year winning streak (for the Galaxy S2 and Galaxy S3).

For HTC and the smartphone industry, from the folks in the suits to the boots on the ground, this is a pretty big deal.

We all have our favorites, of course. And while some of us here at Android Central were leaning in other directions toward the end of the year (hello, Moto), nobody — and I do mean nobody — would not recommend the HTC One. That's a pretty strong statement by us, and validated today by the GSMA, we believe.

And it's also worth another mention that the HTC One is one of the first carrier-branded phones (this really goes for us in the U.S.) to be updated to Android 4.4 KitKat. That's not a small thing, either.

The one was the best smartphone I had till this day!!! Too bad I smashed it :smh: ...I'm content with the N5 doe. I probably would have picked up another one if I wouldn't have gotten a good deal on this nexus.

the new One looks like a beautiful phone that will have to be put in a case and made ugly because it's too slippery.

I'd love to go back to HTC. The G2(the OG) is still my favorite phone. It had everything I needed.

When in the hell is 4.4 gonna drop for Verizon LG G2???????

I had been reading "end of january" for like a month and here we are going into march. 
indifferent.gif

Yup,
The Sony Z2 seems to have two speakers as well. BOOYAAAH!!!!

Didn't eem know that... I been eyeing the sony line on the sly but they fully have my attention now. Won't be til middle of the year when the z2 makes it stateside though. Wonder how much the unlocked version is going to cost..

Sound comparison with the current HTC One.
Sounds like it holds up well

Oh yeah, got my G2 back from LG.  took 3 weeks total, cost me total of $8 for shipping, but the repair/replacement was covered.  i think they gave me a new phone bc i remember having a tiny dent hear the sim tray, but the device they sent me looks brand new (possibly refurbed, but looks and runs even better than my OG).

Haven't kept up with anything android related for those 3 weeks, i didn't wanna get jealous.  But i said what the hell, lemme see if theres a software update, and i get 4.4.2!  I love this phone.

That Sony looks :pimp: though

Oh yeah, got my G2 back from LG.  took 3 weeks total, cost me total of $8 for shipping, but the repair/replacement was covered.  i think they gave me a new phone bc i remember having a tiny dent hear the sim tray, but the device they sent me looks brand new (possibly refurbed, but looks and runs even better than my OG).

Haven't kept up with anything android related for those 3 weeks, i didn't wanna get jealous.  But i said what the hell, lemme see if theres a software update, and i get 4.4.2!  I love this phone.

That Sony looks :pimp: though

You got the info? my G2 has the same issue with the screen having a piss stain.

Last edited:
I forget which number i called, but heres one of their numbers 866-558-2559.  I'm sure they can transfer you to where you need to go.  I called them, let them know the issue with the screen, they say physical damage is not covered, told them I've never dropped the phone and the screen discoloration is in a perfect circle.  They'll give you a reference number you have to ship with the device... 

Heres what they e-mailed me after we spoke on the phone.
[table][tr][td]Ship your device to:[/td][/tr][tr][td]LG Wireless[/td][/tr][tr][td]Attn: End User RA: ##########[/td][/tr][tr][td]2155 Eagle Parkway, Dock 2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Fort Worth, Texas 76177[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Things to remember:[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][/tr][tr][td]
  • Obtain a tracking number from your shipper and request a signature.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
  • Any information stored on the phone will be lost, please backup important files before sending.
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
  • The device warranty does not cover physical damage. If the device is damaged, charges may apply.
[/td][/tr][/table]
I went to the post office put it in a bubble wrap envelope and put that in another envelope, or box, sent it on a Tuesday before presidents day, got confirmation they received it the next Tuesday.  Picked it up from FedEX the Tuesday after.  Not bad at all.  

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom