• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[COLOR=#red]My latest pickup...the Galaxy Gear 2 Neo. I bought it for a fitness tracker for my runs, but it does a lot more and works well. You can send and receive calls from it, it pops your text messages up on the screen and you can reply to them using S Voice. It's super light and the battery last for like 3 days even when using the fitness tracker and heartrate monitor. There's a bunch of cool apps for it as well. There's 4GB of storage for music if you'd so like. Here's the confusing part...Samsung has 4 different smart watches....the Galaxy Gear Fit, The Galaxy Gear 2, the Galaxy Gear 2 Neo, and the Galaxy Gear Live. THe first 3 only work with Samsung phones and uses Tizen OS (well the Gear Fit uses RTOS OS) which is Samsung's proprietary OS, the Galaxy Gear Live uses Android. I prefer the Galaxy Gear 2 Neo because it's the best looking and it leaves out the camera which makes it $100 less than the Galaxy Gear 2.

I also picked up the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 which is pretty awesome but that's for another thread.
[/COLOR]

^ I'm convinced you work for Samsung :lol:. nonetheless, your posts are informative.

[COLOR=#red]:lol: Nah, not an employee...if I was I would have bought the Samsung Ativ Book 9 Plus instead of the Surface 3....but I did work for Apple Corp last summer for an internship...this was my setup last summer. [/COLOR]

Nice pickup EWD :smokin

I can't wait for a smartwatch.

Really excited for the Moto 360.

Don't wear a watch now so it will be a perfect addition.

Blogs say end of august and it can't come soon enough. [emoji]128175[/emoji]

Hard to say yet, the M8 has better

Hardware (Build quality)
Software ( Sense 6)
Sound (Boom Sound)

Get the G3 if you want:

Better Camera (13mp vs. 4mp)
Better Screen (QUADHD vs. 1080p)

I'm more impressed with the G3, because it offer 2 features that I WANTED in a new smart phone, just to bad the software couldn't back it up. The 'Knock Knock' gesture to turn on AND off is genius, :lol:

I think I like the M8 better. The trade off of the G3 is not quite worth it to me. The M8 has one flaw (camera). But the build, speakers, and performance >*

Just got the LG G3 today. First impression is it is really light, so light it seems like it's made of cheap materials, wasn't expecting that but it feels great in hand. Not sure if I want to root it yet or wait for L.

G3 also has a removable battery.

G3 has more ram.

I love my G3 wouldn't trade it for anything. To me its the best phone on the market. I'm rooted and take full advantage of what my phone has to offer.

The screen is unbelievable.

Battery is great.

I have had it since release day and wouldn't trade it for anything.

M8 will give you the best out of the box experience you can get on an Android phone right now IMO. G3 is dope and I am glad you are loving it though.

The new quick reply is a lot worse for Textra in my opinion.

I'm not really complaining, because I think it's the first update they've made where I've disliked the change and it's been money other than that.. but I'm not a fan of that change.

Kinda sick of Samsung and there bland release every year. Gives us new design and guality on the note 4. If not I'll just buy the G3 or i6

New Textra update is terrible.
That new pop up window thing? I didnt like it at first but I'm somewhat getting used to it.
yea. How do you turn off that quick menu? I hate it. Doesnt keep texts private anymore
mean.gif
Going to settings might be a good start.
Tried it already smartass.
eyes.gif
 Apparently you cant turn off the quick menu

EDIT: Nevermind. Found a workaround to what I had before 

Last edited:

New Textra update is terrible.
That new pop up window thing? I didnt like it at first but I'm somewhat getting used to it.
yea. How do you turn off that quick menu? I hate it. Doesnt keep texts private anymore :smh:

Going to settings might be a good start.
Tried it already smartass. :rolleyes  Apparently you cant turn off the quick menu

EDIT: Nevermind. Found a workaround to what I had before 

Textra > Settings > Action > Show Lock/Unlock Mode Quick Reply > Off.

Nice pickup EWD :smokin

I can't wait for a smartwatch.

Really excited for the Moto 360.

Don't wear a watch now so it will be a perfect addition.

Blogs say end of august and it can't come soon enough. [emoji]128175[/emoji]

[COLOR=#red]Yeah my dude...I'd say the moto 360 with its round screen makes it the most attractive of the smart watches.

You're gonna love it, smart watches make it so that you don't have to pull your phone out your pocket as much...you get all the notifications and info you need right on your wrist. It's a killer function when you are in meetings or class or driving, or when you need to be discreet. It's also cool to be an early adopter of the second gen of smart watches

Watch what it tell y'all...the trend of devices getting bigger will soon reverse and start heading back to miniaturization...AS SOON as battery technology starts moving towards powercells that takemupmless space but provide more power...the nerds at M.I.T., Cal Tech, A&M, Stanford, and worldwide are already hard at work on it.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom