• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
let's hope so. that's quite possibly the worst size for a device, too big for a pocket phone but useless as a tablet. a true abomination, something that no human with taste would make or want.

in unrelated news, I hear Samsung is making 6" phones.
They have the Samsung Mega out and it is 6.3" :x
My wife's cousin has it is ridiculous to be a phone. Makes a Note 3 look normal :lol:

[COLOR=#red]They coming for y'all next T-Mobile. Let me say this loud and clear...the days of TRULY unlimited data is going to end in the not so distant future...and to be honest that's the only real leg T-Mobile has to stand on.[/COLOR]

If you're using T-Mobile's network to torrent all seven seasons of The West Wing (remember kids, piracy is for jerks) or tethering like an absolute madman, don't be surprised if your data speeds start dipping dramatically over the next few weeks. According to a leaked internal memo (which T-Mobile has substantiated) data draining customers with one of the carrier's Unlimited 4G LTE plans -- like the $80 Simple Choice option -- will see their speeds throttled starting on August 17 if they don't change their network hammering ways. The only real consolation here is that T-Mobile won't spring this on you out of the blue. Before you start getting throttled, the carrier will contact you to give you a warning -- if you don't shape up, your LTE speeds will be cut down until your next billing cycle rolls around.

You know what's confusing about the tmo announcement is why? Didn't tmo get purchased by Sprint? Of that's the case doesn't sprint call the shots? Those this mean when Sprint finally get a somewhat decent LTE coverage they are going to duck their customers over?

Their plan was to get all the heavy users to switch to them and then ween off unlimited plans like all the big boy carriers. If they can't have a large % of the market they want the demo that's gunna spend the most $. Bait and switch.

Verizon and AT&T >>>>>

esp for those of us constantly outside of major cities

Last edited:
Damb phone didn't charge last night .or at least not all night. Got to work and look at my phone it says 61% :x should make it through the day but still :smh: not sure how it even happened.

Hmm. I'm using two extension usb cables, wonder if that had anything to do with it.. I like the extension because I use the outlet in the bathroom and have the wire running all the way to the table near my bed 
laugh.gif
 so my cable is like extra long.. I'll try without all the extensions tonight.

Last edited:
My m8 got so hot this morning the screen wouldn't work all. I could still hear text alerts but no matter what I did the screen wouldn't turn on

for the other N5 users why does y'all battery not last all day? are you on the phone all day, browsing those interwebs, watching Netflix, playing flappy bird? cause mine last on average 10hrs but I use it sparingly throughout the day

Last edited:
Do you know what caused it?

How long did it last for?

No idea, it was just sitting screen up on my desk. I'm not sure how long it was hot for but when I touched it I immediately put it in front of a fan for 20 min

It seems to be running ok now but I'm def a little nervous

No idea, it was just sitting screen up on my desk. I'm not sure how long it was hot for but when I touched it I immediately put it in front of a fan for 20 min

It seems to be running ok now but I'm def a little nervous

I would definitely be careful with it. If it's running so hot that the screen won't turn on the battery could pop.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 leak suggests huge QHD display and improved camera

If there's one thing that you're guaranteed to see at IFA, it's Samsung showing off the fourth version of the Galaxy Note. Unfortunately, any surprise factor the company might have been relying on has been lost if this credible-looking spec list is true. Indonesian retailer Erafone is claiming that the new flagship will arrive with a 5.7-inch 1,440 x 2,560 (515 ppi) Super AMOLED display and a 16-megapixel camera with optical image stabilization. Like other Samsung units, the device will come in two variants, one packing a quad-core Snapdragon 805 (SM-N910S) and an octa-core version running an Exynos 5433 (SM-N910C) that we assume will remain in Korea. Rounding out the notable specs are 4GB RAM, up to 128GB of microSD card storage and Android KitKat 4.4.3. According to the retailer, the device is priced at IDR 9,499,000, which roughly converts to $812, but either way, September 3rd simply cannot come fast enough.

You know what's confusing about the tmo announcement is why? Didn't tmo get purchased by Sprint? Of that's the case doesn't sprint call the shots? Those this mean when Sprint finally get a somewhat decent LTE coverage they are going to duck their customers over?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/dealbook/2014/08/06/no-takeover-but-plenty-of-taunts/

The deal has officially been off since earlier this month because regulators (Tom Wheeler & Co.) decided that having 2 of the 4 largest carriers combine would be to the detriment of American consumers. Hilarious that the FCC is still considering the Comcast/Time Warner merger with that kind of logic, buuuuut that's a conversation for another time.

For the record, even if the merger would have gone through, they usually take a very long time. You might remember Cingular. Cingular was originally owned by SBCC & BellSouth. Cingular acquired AT&T Wireless in 2004. SBCC purchased AT&T Corp in 2005, which is owned by AT&T Inc. Then, AT&T Inc purchased BellSouth in 2006.

Bellsouth/SBCC still owned Cingular and it was announced that Cingular would become AT&T wireless in 2007, but it was only on paper, and not until late 2007/2008 would AT&T discontinue the use of Cingular branding entirely.

In that case it took 3.5 or so years. And Cingular/AT&T weren't even the top dogs at that time. What's even better is that SBCC and BellSouth were both the result of the AT&T/Bell antitrust split, meaning though while the names changed, AT&T actually regained a majority of what they "lost" due to the antitrust settlement. The lawsuit ended in 1982, but it wasnt until 1984 that the company actually split. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakup_of_the_Bell_System

Lots of interesting stuff in that article. Might make you a little cynical, but interesting none the less.

Last edited:
They have the Samsung Mega out and it is 6.3" :x
My wife's cousin has it is ridiculous to be a phone. Makes a Note 3 look normal :lol:

I got the Sony Z Ultra with the 6.44" screen. I like it. :smokin
Super thin and waterproof. Use it for my gym and home to watch YouTube and netflix

for the other N5 users why does y'all battery not last all day? are you on the phone all day, browsing those interwebs, watching Netflix, playing flappy bird? cause mine last on average 10hrs but I use it sparingly throughout the day
I'm on my phone using GroupMe and texting mostly. It used to last all day then three weeks ago the battery life just started to dip. Now I'm at 80% with 30 mins of screen time. Its much better on WIFI though when I'm home I get more than double the battery life out of my phone. I live in a metro area too so the signal isnt weak or anything.

I work in a building where I can't even have my phone. It sits on a table in airplane mode and on silent. Still struggled to crack 2 hours OST.

OPO users... They were saying it looks to be the proximity sensors for some reason in the latest update. Looks like turning the double tap to wake feature off seems to help.

[quote name="gatorad3"]
I'm good. I don't think I can go back down to smaller screen size at the moment. Plus the design of this phone is too nice[/quote]

:frown:

Can't say I blame you. I went into the T-Mo store a few months back for the first time in years. Lo and behold they had the Z Ultra!!...but they only had a display model in store.

I went back the next month with cash in hand... And they told me they no longer sell it. Only option is refurb, but for $230, I'd rather just get the Z2.

I've asked literally every T-Mobile store I've seen since then about the Z2...no peep. :frown:

Its sad, because the Xperia line is really slick and the bravia engine is dope.

Don't know why people are surprised/shocked or mad about data caps, once VZW did it, it opened up the doors for others to follow. Next will be your home internet if they haven't done it already.

Back
Top Bottom