• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't know why people are surprised/shocked or mad about data caps, once VZW did it, it opened up the doors for others to follow. Next will be your home internet if they haven't done it already.

This has been happening for a while.

The reason why people are shocked and mad about data caps is because of false advertisement on the part of carriers, who advertise deals like "Unlimited Data!!! UpTo2GBPerMonthPerLineSubjectToTermsAndConditions."

Furthermore, people are mad because its simply unprecedented and downright illegal. The only reason carriers can do this is because the FCC has not cracked down on them for false advertisement, breaking Net Neutrality, and breaking federal law -- most notably locking phones to only ever work on their network, even when the device has been purchased outright. Unlocking Consumer Choice & Wireless Competition Act alleviated some of this mess.

Hate to say it, but when T-mob get's better coverage in the future, they will be going back to a true data cap. The only reason why they offer unlimited data at the moment is because they know their coverage isn't the best.

Originally Posted by gatorad3  
I'm good. I don't think I can go back down to smaller screen size at the moment. Plus the design of this phone is too nice
frown.gif

Can't say I blame you. I went into the T-Mo store a few months back for the first time in years. Lo and behold they had the Z Ultra!!...but they only had a display model in store.

I went back the next month with cash in hand... And they told me they no longer sell it. Only option is refurb, but for $230, I'd rather just get the Z2.

I've asked literally every T-Mobile store I've seen since then about the Z2...no peep.
frown.gif

Its sad, because the Xperia line is really slick and the bravia engine is dope.
You may as well wait at this point. I read recently that tmobile supposed to get the z3.

Do you know what caused it?

How long did it last for?
No idea, it was just sitting screen up on my desk. I'm not sure how long it was hot for but when I touched it I immediately put it in front of a fan for 20 min

It seems to be running ok now but I'm def a little nervous
You did the right thing putting it under a fan, as that metal would dissapate the heat quickly.  If a phone gets that hot, especially when not on the charger, that usually means that something is running in the background thats keeping the processor working at full power when it shouldnt be.  A reboot will fix it, and it shouldnt happen again too often.  That happened with my Note 2 once or twice also.  Rare.

You did the right thing putting it under a fan, as that metal would dissapate the heat quickly.  If a phone gets that hot, especially when not on the charger, that usually means that something is running in the background thats keeping the processor working at full power when it shouldnt be.  A reboot will fix it, and it shouldnt happen again too often.  That happened with my Note 2 once or twice also.  Rare.

Yea man, it was HOT!

This m8 in general runs hotter than any phone I've used but I was thinking about maybe it's because the metal

Yea man, it was HOT!

This m8 in general runs hotter than any phone I've used but I was thinking about maybe it's because the metal
Yea its definitely the metal.  It runs at the same temps as any other device, you just feel it more as the aluminum transfers heat more easily.  My friend's M7 was the same way

Last edited:
Disabled an app ..

And my phone rebooted. Got stuck on splash screen. Tried to reboot into recovery (I use TWRP). It shows the splash screen for TWRP, then reboots.

I can't go into recovery at all.

Any ideas ..

Last edited:
Apollo. I was using a CM rom.

Couldn't uninstall it and wanted to use Play Music as my default app.

I've disabled it before and had no problems. This time tho ...

Sigh ...

gonna adb this later and see what happens. i let my dad know and he says i'm probably bricked.

if true .. this might be where i get off .. iphone 6 ..........

Last edited:
Quick question guys, are apps that clear cache and do "memory boosts" actually bad for your phone? I'm reading mixed opinions on this and just wanted some thoughts here. Thanks

Im assuming you updated the software to 4.4.4 which is why it reads LTE. that's part of the new update (reads LTE instead of 4g)

how is your battery life on the update? I haven't done it yet because I read it drains the battery.

Sigh ...

gonna adb this later and see what happens. i let my dad know and he says i'm probably bricked.

if true .. this might be where i get off .. iphone 6 ..........
which phone do you have?

yeah not sure what happened. I always freeze Apollo with no problems. I wish cm would stop putting apps or make it optional at least. but I don't see why it would mess up your recovery.

have you tried a true power reset? removing battery for a few minutes or something like that? other than that, adb is the only other thing I could think to try.

Last edited:
I have an M7. I couldn't even factory reset from bootloader.

Anyway, I was finally able to get back into recovery, however everything is gone. Might be because I locked my bootloader. Gonna try and see if I can return to stock. But seeing how adb isn't working ...

Brain and eyes are fried from trying to fix this. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Back on the GS3, god this phone is so buns :lol:

Last edited:

Sigh ...

If you're rooted it's easy to uninstall system level apps like that. Search for an app in the play store named 'root browser' and dl that. Open it, scroll down to the folder that says system and choose that, then choose the app folder. Find whichever app you want gone and long press on it. A menu will pop up and you choose delete. Simple as that :smokin. Rebooting the phone will take the icons out of the app drawer

Im assuming you updated the software to 4.4.4 which is why it reads LTE. that's part of the new update (reads LTE instead of 4g)

how is your battery life on the update? I haven't done it yet because I read it drains the battery.
it seems ok..got almost 5 hours yesterday..I never got to try it before this update :lol: so I can't judge..the first night I had the phone i got the message to update and just did it..I'm sure it can be better looking at others ost when it was on 4.4.2

it seems ok..got almost 5 hours yesterday..I never got to try it before this update
laugh.gif
so I can't judge..the first night I had the phone i got the message to update and just did it..I'm sure it can be better looking at others ost when it was on 4.4.2
Exactly how I felt, lol. I had the phone for 1 day and wasn't even fully charged before i got the 4.4.4 update prompt. I got 20 hours total and 4 hours of OST with like 8% left. I can't really be mad at that. I turned some stuff off that the OPO forums were suggesting to help get it back to 4.4.2 levels, so we shall see.

:lol: I'm slightly salty ..knowing it could be better :smh:

I'm sure they'll update it again and address whatever the problem is that people are having.

it seems ok..got almost 5 hours yesterday..I never got to try it before this update
laugh.gif
so I can't judge..the first night I had the phone i got the message to update and just did it..I'm sure it can be better looking at others ost when it was on 4.4.2
Battery life for the 4.4.2 update saw the battery last over a day and a half (even with heavy use). On this new update, this doesn't seem to be the case.

Back
Top Bottom