• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
*face palm* Why is setting the wallpaper so difficult. I resized a pic to 960x800 like someone said earlier, selected the pic like this...
2du002a.png

and get this result...
28s8mrs.png

.. Then I go and select it like this...
13ydxmg.png

and get this result...
2wbui34.png

mad.gif
What the hell, man. Why wont it just stay centered?!

*face palm* Why is setting the wallpaper so difficult. I resized a pic to 960x800 like someone said earlier, selected the pic like this...
2du002a.png

and get this result...
28s8mrs.png

.. Then I go and select it like this...
13ydxmg.png

and get this result...
2wbui34.png

mad.gif
What the hell, man. Why wont it just stay centered?!

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

so tmobile is offering me loyalty prices on any phone cause im complaining about the crap hd2...

so should i go with g2 or mytouch 4g?

im leaning towards the mytouch mainly cause of specs and front cam

my coworkers that have it say the speaker isnt the greatest primarily on the video chat. iPhone prob has the best Video chat hardware imo, I just ordered a G2, if you want to be up to date though in terms of hardware Mytouch 4g is the way to go

so tmobile is offering me loyalty prices on any phone cause im complaining about the crap hd2...

my coworkers that have it say the speaker isnt the greatest primarily on the video chat. iPhone prob has the best Video chat hardware imo, I just ordered a G2, if you want to be up to date though in terms of hardware Mytouch 4g is the way to go

I recommend setting your wallpaper through appbrain.com on your desktop, and it will get pushed to your phone.

I recommend setting your wallpaper through appbrain.com on your desktop, and it will get pushed to your phone.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

yeah i copped the mytouch 4g...even if video chat isnt all great yet its there and probably need a update...i already looking to root...i rooted my g1 so all should be good...if g2 had a front cam id for sure have copped it...now just deciding what to do with this hd2 keep it or sling it 

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

yeah i copped the mytouch 4g...even if video chat isnt all great yet its there and probably need a update...i already looking to root...i rooted my g1 so all should be good...if g2 had a front cam id for sure have copped it...now just deciding what to do with this hd2 keep it or sling it 

[h1]Android Bug Opens Memory Card to Remote Access[/h1]
File under: News

By: Stephen Schenck | 7:42 PM 23-Nov-10 | 0 Comments

andbug.JPG

A recently-discovered Android vulnerability, affecting all current versions operating system, has the potential to let a malicious website access your phone's memory card, reading any information that may be stored.

The bug is the result of several vulnerabilities in how the Android browser handles downloads to an external memory card. Someone exploiting these conditions could trigger the browser to automatically save a file containing JavaScript code to the card. Once that's in place, the browser can be directed to open that local copy of the file, where the embedded JavaScript has open-access to other files stored on the memory card, able to read them as it pleases.

While personal documents and confidential business info are probably the most valuable targets to a ne'er-do-well using this avenue of attack, they're thankfully also harder to get at. The JavaScript code needs to know just what it's looking for; common files that are stored in the same places on many phones are the most vulnerable, whereas any personalization of the memory card's directory structure will stymie the exploit.

Google is aware of the bug, and is expected to lock it down with the release of Gingerbread. Devices that don't receive an Android 2.3 update or a specific patch for this bug will continue to remain vulnerable.

Source: Thomas Cannon
Via: Android Police

[h1]Android Bug Opens Memory Card to Remote Access[/h1]
File under: News

By: Stephen Schenck | 7:42 PM 23-Nov-10 | 0 Comments

andbug.JPG

A recently-discovered Android vulnerability, affecting all current versions operating system, has the potential to let a malicious website access your phone's memory card, reading any information that may be stored.

The bug is the result of several vulnerabilities in how the Android browser handles downloads to an external memory card. Someone exploiting these conditions could trigger the browser to automatically save a file containing JavaScript code to the card. Once that's in place, the browser can be directed to open that local copy of the file, where the embedded JavaScript has open-access to other files stored on the memory card, able to read them as it pleases.

While personal documents and confidential business info are probably the most valuable targets to a ne'er-do-well using this avenue of attack, they're thankfully also harder to get at. The JavaScript code needs to know just what it's looking for; common files that are stored in the same places on many phones are the most vulnerable, whereas any personalization of the memory card's directory structure will stymie the exploit.

Google is aware of the bug, and is expected to lock it down with the release of Gingerbread. Devices that don't receive an Android 2.3 update or a specific patch for this bug will continue to remain vulnerable.

Source: Thomas Cannon
Via: Android Police

Here are some specs of the Nexus S:

ArmV7 CPU – Could be Dual Core

Open GL ES Supported

512 or 328MB Ram (Not 100% known)

1GB or 2GB Internal Memory (Not 100% known)

800×480 Screen Resolution

4″ Screen Size

SuperAmoled2 – Possibly

720P HD Video

grin.gif

Here are some specs of the Nexus S:

ArmV7 CPU – Could be Dual Core

Open GL ES Supported

512 or 328MB Ram (Not 100% known)

1GB or 2GB Internal Memory (Not 100% known)

800×480 Screen Resolution

4″ Screen Size

SuperAmoled2 – Possibly

720P HD Video

grin.gif

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Originally Posted by 650

hey guys dont know if anyone knows how to help me out but..

im on a mytouch 3g (the original).. got the 2.2.1 ota update.. rooted.. clockwork.. then i tried installing the cyanogenmod but after it installs and tries to reboot, i get stuck at a looping green mytouch logo screen. any ideas?

Did you do a full wipe?

BTW, cyan just came out with 6.1.0 RC2
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

More info please is 4g working?

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Originally Posted by 650

hey guys dont know if anyone knows how to help me out but..

im on a mytouch 3g (the original).. got the 2.2.1 ota update.. rooted.. clockwork.. then i tried installing the cyanogenmod but after it installs and tries to reboot, i get stuck at a looping green mytouch logo screen. any ideas?

Did you do a full wipe?

BTW, cyan just came out with 6.1.0 RC2
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

More info please is 4g working?

nerd.gif

Don't really give two #$+$# about 4G or the latest gadgets. I want a good, quick, reliable phone..it doesn't have to be hip and cool and brand new. I am switching to T-Mobile after my contract with Verizon runs out next week. Is the HD2 good?

Don't really give two #$+$# about 4G or the latest gadgets. I want a good, quick, reliable phone..it doesn't have to be hip and cool and brand new. I am switching to T-Mobile after my contract with Verizon runs out next week. Is the HD2 good?

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

G2

G2

hd2 requires a lot of work u can dual boot android and a few other os are getting ported...i say get something else if u dont have time to tweak 

hd2 requires a lot of work u can dual boot android and a few other os are getting ported...i say get something else if u dont have time to tweak 

No bias? The HD7 looks good, so does the new my touch.
no i have the hd2 currently and im awaiting my mytouch 4g...hd7 should be good but i cant use a windows phone again after the hd2 but i will try to port it to my hd2 just to mess around with it...
id say get the g2 or mytouch4g or if u dont a new phone get something at least android 

No bias? The HD7 looks good, so does the new my touch.
no i have the hd2 currently and im awaiting my mytouch 4g...hd7 should be good but i cant use a windows phone again after the hd2 but i will try to port it to my hd2 just to mess around with it...
id say get the g2 or mytouch4g or if u dont a new phone get something at least android 

Ok, thanks for the advice. I've had the LG Dare for 2 years I can't wait to throw it against a brick wall. I'm so technologically out of the loop I have no idea what anything you just said meant lol.

Back
Top Bottom