• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Word on these eskreets is that the G4 is set to have a stylus. Why is this the first company to even attempt to enter this space to compete with the note series? One would think with the success of the past Samsung devices someone would have tried to steal some of the thunder sooner.

Those of you who were thinking of getting onto the T-Mobile 2 lines for $100 unlimited, plan on getting on that before January 17th or you may miss out.

Word? Thanks, been putting off the jump from Verizon to T-Mobile because I'm stuck deciding between the Note 4 and 6 Plus.

Soon
devil.gif

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/rom-official-5-0-android-lollipop-alpha.223252/

Last edited:
I'll be moving over to T-Mobile in the new year. I have the Moto X ready to be unleashed as my daily phone... I can't keep playing with it and using it at home, then switching over to my GNex... I just can't do it anymore 
laugh.gif

My brother will be getting an iPhone because he's an Apple guy, I'm also on the plan with my mom and her boyfriend so we can all save money. I'll probably just tell him to get a Moto G since he only uses his phone for calls and the occasional texting. I want to get my mom something good that will last her. Battery life is kind of important, and I'd prefer something close to stock Android since she's coming from the GNex too. But knowing her, even the update to Lollipop might be too confusing 
laugh.gif

She's mentioned some interested in the Note which surprised me because I figured she'd want a smaller phone. She doesn't need the latest and greatest, but I'd like something that will be solid for a couple years. I've thought about getting her the 2013 Moto X because they can be found for around $260 and I've seen a lot of eBay deals pop up for $220 or so. I've thought about getting her the 2014 Moto X too. 

So any suggestions? I know the Note 4 is heavily praised, but she wouldn't want to pay that price and doesn't need all that power 
laugh.gif
 is the Note 3 still a solid choice going forward?  Because she was interested in that, but I fear TouchWiz might be too confusing for her coming from stock Android. 

Excited to get the update for me OPO just for active notifications but tbh when I mess with lollipop on my N5 Im unimpressed. Its a bit buggy and the battery issues are no bueno. I hope cyanogen brings it up to par.

Now that's a dam lie :lol: The One Plus One is not even better than the Note 3.
Of course the Samsung rep/advocate feels this way :lol:

Had an S4 and N5 this year and my wife has the S5...
I'm rolling with my OPO as well.

I will say though...Note 4 and N6 are the only considerations I have had when thinking of switching phones (that and a brief moment when I thought about the 6+).

Now that's a dam lie
laugh.gif
The One Plus One is not even better than the Note 3.
The OPO is an amazing device, especially when you consider the cost. It doesn't feel like they compromised on anything at all.

But still, Nexus 6 is now the total package for me, I'm getting 4.5-5 hours OST consistently now, so I'm good. 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Of course the Samsung rep/advocate feels this way :lol:[/COLOR]

Had an S4 and N5 this year and my wife has the S5...
I'm rolling with my OPO as well.

I will say though...Note 4 and N6 are the only considerations I have had when thinking of switching phones (that and a brief moment when I thought about the 6+).

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[COLOR=#red]Interesting things the Note 4 does. Some we know of already admittedly, but still.[/COLOR]

1.Preview URLs sent via SMS using the S Pen by activating Settings > S Pen > Air View.

2.Handwriting input recognition for S Planner by enabling Settings > S Pen > Direct Pen Input.

3.The Voice Recorder app can remember the locations of up to eight different sounds and voices can be played back from certain directions.

4.Review your recent contacts with a contact through the dialler app by checking Settings > Calls > Show Caller Information.

5.The stock camera app automatically adjusts exposure and focus if you long-press on the focal point of the picture.Galaxy Note 4 tips and tricks

6.You can take selfies with the front facing camera by touching the heart rate monitor on the back of the Note 4.

7.The Note 4 can alert you if your doorbell is pressed or if an infant is crying while you’re listening to music, once you’ve recorded what your doorbell sounds like.

8.Up to 9 frequently adjusted settings can be set as favourites by pressing the (+) button in the Settings

9.Quick Connect allows you to share your WiFi signal with nearby devices, just swipe down from the notification panel and select another nearby Note 4.

10.If the Galaxy Note 4 is a little large for you to use in one hand, you can enable one-handed operation by quickly dragging your thumb to the edge of the screen and back. The feature can be activated through Settings > Display and Wallpaper > One-handed Operation > Reduce Screen Size.

Here's the ultimate in hilarity when it comes to people hating on the Note 4 and Samsung products in general...especially the M8 and OPO peeps. They talk so much crap about how bad Touchwhiz is which is untrue, but at the end of the day you can change that and not even deal with it...YET the stupid limitations of a sealed battery that cannot be changed (M8 and OPO) and non-expandable memory (OPO) cannot be changed point blank period. That's the dangerous thing about hate...it totally messes up people's ability to apply logic :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom