• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[COLOR=#red]It automatically scans handwritten words then gives you the option to convert them into editable text in the same handwriting that it was scanned in. A much more advanced version of OCR. The short vid explains it all. Crazy technology. Note 4 is a vastly superior platform than anything out now...cause let's be honest at this point it's more than just a smartphone.[/COLOR]

The note 4 is pretty awesome to say the least. TW has improved. And i prefer that than any other launcher. (BUT LG UI comes a close 2nd) Eem the stock browser isn't bad.

I think sammy phones left a bad taste in people's mouths. :lol:

So I just experienced my first problem with the G3. When I press the power button it wouldn't turn on but it would turn on a few seconds later, but not every time and it was unresponsive. Took the battery out, put it back in and everything is fine. Anyone else experience this issue? Thinking about un-rooting now just in case it happens again and I can't get it to turn back on.

The note 4 is pretty awesome to say the least. TW has improved. And i prefer that than any other launcher. (BUT LG UI comes a close 2nd) Eem the stock browser isn't bad.

[COLOR=#red]

And that's exactly why I post the way I do about Samsung devices, people disliking them is more about perception, and yes I'm fully aware of the concept that perception is reality. So I bring objectivity into the discussion. At the end of the day the Note 4 is a beast...heck the Note 3 is still nice.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Jealous I won't be able to prosper with an unlocked phone. Sprint won't let a brother be great

You can unlock it yourself. Search on eBay or pm I got a few websites.

Anyone that is streaming TVMC to Chromecast properly? I'm being lazy ....

Right now I just cast my screen to watch it but there is a way. When I get to my laptop I'll post the directions,but in too lazy to go to the other side of my house now lol

[COLOR=#red]It automatically scans handwritten words then gives you the option to convert them into editable text in the same handwriting that it was scanned in. A much more advanced version of OCR. The short vid explains it all. Crazy technology. Note 4 is a vastly superior platform than anything out now...cause let's be honest at this point it's more than just a smartphone.[/COLOR]

I see what your sayin and your other post, but that doesn't make a phone better then another phone. Most people will never use those features plus I can get apps for my m8 that will do the same thing

So I just experienced my first problem with the G3. When I press the power button it wouldn't turn on but it would turn on a few seconds later, but not every time and it was unresponsive. Took the battery out, put it back in and everything is fine. Anyone else experience this issue? Thinking about un-rooting now just in case it happens again and I can't get it to turn back on.

Your phone was in deep sleep. That's actually not a bad thing. It saves battery.

Anyone that is streaming TVMC to Chromecast properly? I'm being lazy ....
If you want to stream any TVMC videos to Chromecast via the Allcast app you can do the following:

1. Download this xml file to your computer or your android device:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ltd48heh3...orefactory.xml

2. Once it is on your android device copy the *.xml file to this folder location below using any android file manager app like ES File Explorer:

sdcard/Android/data/ag.tvaddons.tvmc/files/.xmbc/userdata

3. reboot TVMC app and now when you click on a video it will automatically open up the Allcast app where you can choose to stream it to your chromecast, apple tv, dnla smart TV, etc.

*Please note that you should have the Android External Player option disabled in TVMC under Porgrams / Maintenance Tools / System Tweaks.

If you have it enabled it seems to delete the xml file and you have to recopy it to the folder in order for Allcast to work again.

This was taken from the below video on how to use All Cast with XMBC, I just used it for TVMC, however the folder locations are slightly different but it wasn't hard to figure out.

Just upgraded from an SIII to a Note IV... On AT&T :smh:

Besides the lack of root meaning that I can't get a proper adblock app and the latest update apparently leaving me with average at best battery life for the time being, I love this thing. It can just do so much, and Samsung has finally gotten to a place where their gimmicks are USEFUL (I usually ROM'd my SIII.)

Very dope phone and for the first time ever I truly feel like I own a phone that won't feel out of date by next year. But I still hope that someone bothers to work through this locked bootloader issue so I can completely flourish.

Your phone was in deep sleep. That's actually not a bad thing. It saves battery.

But the phone never turned off it just stayed on but was unresponsive. Looked it up and people that experienced the same issue needed a replacement since for some people the phone never turned back on.

Interesting things the Note 4 does. Some we know of already admittedly, but still.
So, more gimmicks that most people won't ever use?
Here's the ultimate in hilarity when it comes to people hating on the Note 4 and Samsung products in general...especially the M8 and OPO peeps. They talk so much crap about how bad Touchwhiz is which is untrue, but at the end of the day you can change that and not even deal with it...YET the stupid limitations of a sealed battery that cannot be changed (M8 and OPO) and non-expandable memory (OPO) cannot be changed point blank period. That's the dangerous thing about hate...it totally messes up people's ability to apply logic
laugh.gif
Lol at you saying TouchWiz is just a launcher that you can just remove. It's much more than just a launcher. 

Yeah, I'll give it to you on the non removable battery and expandable storage, but overall, you saying that the M8 and OPO are just miles behind the Note 4 is flat our fanboyism, which you obviously have with Sammy products.

HTC M8 GPE w/lollipop ...best android phone I've used ...nothing worth upgrading too...maybe M9 if rumor are true, but even that a maybe ...

Launcher you can just remove is true tho :lol:

Just download nova or Google launcher and you're good.

Can't remove all traces of it but whatever.

Last edited:
I see what you're saying.

But since when was having extras a bad thing.. What can't tw do that sense and stock can?

Last edited:
I see what you're saying.

But since when was having extras a bad thing.. What can't tw do that sense and stock can?
Extra used space from the bloat. Sure it can be removed with root (which I do anyway) but most users don't. Slight performance impact as well.

Nothing really, it's just that after owning the S3, S4, Original Note, briefly a Nexus 5, briefly an M7, and currently a One M8 and Nexus 6, I just prefer Sense and Stock.

On the TouchWiz debate:

Its not about all about "features" and what it can do.  No one in here is saying that Samsung devices dont do alot.  Its about being CONSISTENTLY fast, CONSISTENTLY smooth, cohesive, reliable, clean.  Thats why alot of people dont prefer touchwiz devices. My last two TW devices were packed with hella features, but experienced lag (sometimes consistent lag), looked cluttered and incohesive, had bugs, etc.   And half of the features didnt even work consistently (most were damn near useless). And I am sure that has been most people that have left Samsung's experience with them.  I've even spent time with the Note 3 and Note 4, and neither has been able to deliver close to the speed and consistency that I desire from a device.

Coming from Samsung to my M8, the difference was immediately clear.   I dont have to do reboots/battery pulls all the time (i only ever reboot it for software updates).  I dont have freezes.  EVER.  I dont experience lag at all.  I dont have to sometimes swipe/tap something two and three times for it to happen. I actually USE most of the features.  No i cant do some of the flashy TW stuff on a stock M8, but I know that anything I do ask my device to do, will actually happen instantly.  I'm sure most people would rather the features they do use be refined and polished, than to have a bunch of random half-baked features that they will only use once or twice during the life of the device.  I rarely even have the desire to flash roms and kernels anymore.  I've never had the urge to change the launcher.  

It. Just. Works.

It all comes down to preference,  but to pretend that people (especially people that have had Samsung devices) dont have valid reasons to prefer other devices is silly.  Yes, there have been vast improvements with Samsung's software, but its still just not there yet.

P.S.: (TouchWiz is an entire framework, not just a launcher.  Changing the launcher only changes a very small piece of the software.)

Last edited:
I haven't had a Sammy phone since the s3.

I think it's funny you say a lot of people don't prefer tw devices. Aren't they like the best selling android phones :lol:

But yeah, all preference at the end of the day.

I haven't had a Sammy phone since the s3.

I think it's funny you say a lot of people don't prefer tw devices. Aren't they like the best selling android phones
laugh.gif

But yeah, all preference at the end of the day.
We all know they sell well.  Marketing ≠ Quality.  I am not saying that no one buys them.  The discussion explaining why there are people that are saying that they dont like TW.

[COLOR=#red]Let's keep it real here...when it comes to smartphone manufacturers it's a two-horse race...Apple and Samsung. The rest are just around to round out the market and provide niche options.

Now let's properly address this "stan" talk. Everybody in here for the most part are Stans...Shimmy and Superb Stan for the M8 like they are getting paid by HTC :lol: Superb's favorite stan line is "yeah that's cool your phone can do that, but whatever I can get an app for that" and Shimmy's go to Stan line is "The M8 is the fastest Android experience there is". :lol: The only reason why y'all hate my Stannin is because Samsung is winning and I call people out with more factual information rather than opinionated stuff for the most part.

I'll say this again...I want no parts of a cellphone with a sealed battery. Battery life degradation over time is annoying as **** and it happens to ALL phones...but the ability to go to Amazon and order a new battery for $25 or even having one charged and waiting on deck to be used after the 1st battery dies is priceless. It's almost inexcusable to have a device with as many charge/discharge cycles as cellphones and not have a user replaceable battery, and don't give me that crap about it's too hard to design a sleek phone and have a removable cover cause Sammy has been doing it all this time.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
I saw the original galaxy s the other day, that series has come a long way. I was surprised to learn that it had a true metal battery cover.

Back
Top Bottom