Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
EBW
pimp.gif
nice %%#* brah.

DLEE- nice startup. don't worry, you'll get better as you keep switchin up.

[h1]Gingerbread Already Rolling Out to Nexus One Owners [Update][/h1]
File under: News

By: Joe Levi | 12:42 PM 6-Dec-10 | 2 Comments

gingey.jpg

UPDATE: Some people who have reported getting upgrades to their Nexus One today may be getting 2.2.1, which is an updated Froyo release, not Gingerbread. This could be preparatory to rolling out a Gingerbread OTA (so that all Nexus One's are running the same base OS), or it could be coincidental. Android dev Reto Meier says that the original Engadget post reporting the rollout -- since pulled -- is false, and that Gingerbread will actually be hitting the N1 in a few weeks (just as Froyo did following its launch).

Various sources are reporting that they're beginning to see the Gingerbread (Android 2.3) over-the-air update arriving on Nexus One devices.

This update won't bring all the capabilites that Gingerbread contains (NFC being the most prominent, as it's hardware dependent), but the changes to the user interface and other performance boosting features of the OS are likely being included in the OTA.

If you have a Nexus One and want to try and hurry the update along, go to your dialer and key in *#*#CHECKIN#*#*. After the last character is input the dialed numbers should disappear and moments later a "checkin succeeded" alert should show up in your notification bar. This will basically alert the Google servers that you're there, and any updates that are available to you should be queued for delivery that much faster.

Do you have a Nexus One? Have you seen the Gingerbread update yet? How big was it? How long did it take to download? What are your initial impressions?

Sources: Engadget, Android Guys

gingerbread is so awesome lets hope HTC steps up there game to make it available for EVO sense users. If they don't CM wont be able to write the wimax code for the next CM gingerbread rom.

Also galaxy s users it was stated in earlier pages of this thread that Samsung have bad Rep on doing up dates. It will come but you'll just have to wait a while.

gingerbread is so awesome lets hope HTC steps up there game to make it available for EVO sense users. If they don't CM wont be able to write the wimax code for the next CM gingerbread rom.

Also galaxy s users it was stated in earlier pages of this thread that Samsung have bad Rep on doing up dates. It will come but you'll just have to wait a while.

I'll give the Nexus S a shot...I played with the MT4g and G2 and wasn't entirely impressed by either.

Hopefully it doesn't disappoint. Samsung sucks but I'm trusting since it's "with Google" they won't slack on firmware updates. 
nerd.gif

Thank God dec.16 is 10 days away..my backup phone wouldnt make it much longer

I'll give the Nexus S a shot...I played with the MT4g and G2 and wasn't entirely impressed by either.

Hopefully it doesn't disappoint. Samsung sucks but I'm trusting since it's "with Google" they won't slack on firmware updates. 
nerd.gif

Thank God dec.16 is 10 days away..my backup phone wouldnt make it much longer

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I'm pretty sure I got it off of Zedge. I'll see if I can upload it this evening sometime.

I CANNOT figure out how to use ROMs. Whenever I download from Rom Manager and reboot it goes back to my regular setup i've been using. Is LauncherPro blocking me from being able to do this or what? I've watched a ton of videos on youtube and read stuff and i'm just super illiterate and ignorant feeling right now.
laugh.gif
Thanks for the info.  I'm on there now finding some dope wallpapers for my iPhone 4
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I'm pretty sure I got it off of Zedge. I'll see if I can upload it this evening sometime.

I CANNOT figure out how to use ROMs. Whenever I download from Rom Manager and reboot it goes back to my regular setup i've been using. Is LauncherPro blocking me from being able to do this or what? I've watched a ton of videos on youtube and read stuff and i'm just super illiterate and ignorant feeling right now.
laugh.gif
Thanks for the info.  I'm on there now finding some dope wallpapers for my iPhone 4
pimp.gif

the 16th will be day 17 of my 20 day remorse for my mt4g all signs are pointing to me keeping it unless the specs are false...

the 16th will be day 17 of my 20 day remorse for my mt4g all signs are pointing to me keeping it unless the specs are false...

My Evo has suffered considerably worse battery life since theFroyo update. I've read here that resetting the phone will fix this. Is this true? If so, What steps should I take to backup my files and reset my phone?

My Evo has suffered considerably worse battery life since theFroyo update. I've read here that resetting the phone will fix this. Is this true? If so, What steps should I take to backup my files and reset my phone?

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

The Samsung Nexus S is now live on Google's phone page, and we finally have full and official specs.
* Screen: 4-inches @800x480
* Processor 1GHz Samsung Cortex A8
* 512MB RAM, 16GB ROM
* Wifi 802.11 b/g/n
* Bluetooth 2.1
* GPS
* Near-field communications
* Size: 63mm x 123.9mm x 10.8mm
* Weight: 129 grams
* Camera: 5MP
For some odd reason, I'm not impressed. Still sticking to my Nexus 1.

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

The Samsung Nexus S is now live on Google's phone page, and we finally have full and official specs.
* Screen: 4-inches @800x480
* Processor 1GHz Samsung Cortex A8
* 512MB RAM, 16GB ROM
* Wifi 802.11 b/g/n
* Bluetooth 2.1
* GPS
* Near-field communications
* Size: 63mm x 123.9mm x 10.8mm
* Weight: 129 grams
* Camera: 5MP
For some odd reason, I'm not impressed. Still sticking to my Nexus 1.

Back
Top Bottom